In Defense of Size

Icarus213: Just a quick thought-

I have no clue how many times I have heard the old phrase, "It's not size that matters, it's how you use it." That bugs the heck out of me because I want to say "It's not an either/or thing, like EITHER size is a good thing OR it matters if you use it well."

Instead of asking "Does size matter," we should ask "Assuming you know how to employ good technique (which anyone can learn to do), is there an advantage to being big?"

I say this because I hear guys with large dicks sort of put down by people who say size doesn't matter because technique matters. Why can't it be both? I certainly think it is.

Aight, I'm done...

BIGBOYDAVE: [quote author=Icarus213 link=board=sex;num=1044604201;start=0#0 date=02/06/03 at 23:50:01]Just a quick thought-

I have no clue how many times I have heard the old phrase, "It's not size that matters, it's how you use it."  That bugs the heck out of me because I want to say "It's not an either/or thing, like EITHER size is a good thing OR it matters if you use it well."  

Instead of asking "Does size matter," we should ask "Assuming you know how to employ good technique (which anyone can learn to do), is there an advantage to being big?"

I say this because I hear guys with large dicks sort of put down by people who say size doesn't matter because technique matters.  Why can't it be both?  I certainly think it is.

Aight, I'm done...[/quote]

Usually its just penis envy when u here this statement I have yet to here it from any well endowed man or his partner

two_fister: the bottem line is this:

if any women had to choose between 2 lovers of equal skill and one had a larger penis than the other. then she'd choose the lover with the larger organ 95% of the time......ifr there are any girls out there who disagree
...speak now or forever hold your peace

Rayolin: The only time I've heard an indisputable case for the fact that ONLY size matters is when an ex of mine said...
"Oh my God... *pause, stare for a few seconds, then look to my face and say* ...I don't know if that's gonna fit." Other than this situation I'd have to say that technique and size matter pretty much equally.

But yeah, that ole' saying bothers the hell outa me too.

Donk: Icarus, my gf's answer to your question is "Yes. Definitely."

Me_Likey: Well I'm here to say that size does matter, at least to me. I think the women that say that size doesn't matter have never had sex with a guy who has a big cock. Or a women has had sex with a larger man, but had a bad experience and won't do it again. I hate to say it but it's usually the man's fault. A woman who has not had much sex just simply can't accomodate a big cock right off the bat. Be gentel, use lots of lube and take it sow. You big guys have to be patient with inexperienced women and make them learn to love your bick dick, 'cause once they do, they'll never go back!

Personally speaking, if you have sex with one guy with a small dick and do it a gain the exact same way with the same guy but this time with a large dick, the man with the large cock wins in a landslide (I know, physicaly impossible but I'm trying to make a point). Point is, if you have basic run-of-the-mill sex, I'd much rather the guy have a big cock, it just feels better.

Having said all that, if you're small but know your way around a women and are able to pleasure her in many other ways (not just intercouse) you have nothing to worry about. I, on the other hand, want to get the basic anatomy part of the equation first (ie. a big cock!) and then, if required, I'll turn him into Romeo later. That way, even if we have basic sex, I'm a winner! :-*

Rayolin: I love hearing cases from women who say size does matter.

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
There really is no way around the fact that, in so many ways, size DOES matter....but I believe for a number of different reasons. Most of us can easily identify those "reasons" too; -- ranging from the purely physical advantages themselves to the emotional ones (for the man--i.e. pride of ownership), and the psychological effects for both the man and the woman...(the "turn-on" /arousal effect, etc.).

However, I don't believe anyone can argue though, that without an understanding of how to "apply" and use that size effectively (ANY size for that matter) while still being conscious nonetheless of the needs and the feelings of the partner--well, I just contend this awareness (which certainly would include skill and technique) is equally (if not more important) than merely the size of the man.

Those of us who are "larger" soon realize that we can either pleasure or hurt a partner. The man who is emphathetic to "what's called for" when engaging in the act is far ahead of other men....despite the size factor,
because he is putting the feelings of his partner first and foremost. I think that can be (and is) THE crucially important factor when determining the final true assessment of the importance of size.

sammygirly: Yeah sorry, size doesn't matter to this girl. The man has to be able to pleasure me with more than his cock, no matter what size it is. I would turn away an unskilled man with a large penis in a second if a skilled man with an average penis was available.

Of course, in my case - the COCK doesn't matter.
The man does.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Of course both matter. Sex is about more than just size (though size is obviously a factor, as anyone here can tell you). And I should hope the relationship is about more than just sex.

Michael5094: One thing that I think is true is that size does matter to the man. If you have a large cock you'll get more and better stimulation. You'll have more nerve endings to experience sexual pleasure. You'll have more confidence in your attraction to other like-minded sexual partners. You'll have more skin surface exposed to whatever orifice you have it parked in. So size matters a LOT, especially to the man.

aquaman875: [quote author=sammygirly link=board=sex;num=1044604201;start=0#8 date=02/07/03 at 10:30:15]Yeah sorry, size doesn't matter to this girl.  The man has to be able to pleasure me with more than his cock, no matter what size it is.  I would turn away an unskilled man with a large penis in a second if a skilled man with an average penis was available.

Of course, in my case - the COCK doesn't matter.  
The man does.
[/quote]

But if the men were equally skilled, you'd take the man with the larger penis? right?

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
C'mon. I think you're missing the point of what's going for, here.

Granted, I don't think any of us are really ashamed of our sizes on the board. I like my dick, and I'm well aware it originates from a much larger stock of penis out there. But the point is, the women are simply saying that even if the guy doesn't have a mammoth unit, if he knows how to use it, then they won't be dissatisfied.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=sex;num=1044604201;start=0#12 date=02/08/03 at 08:38:45]But the point is, the women are simply saying that even if the guy doesn't have a mammoth unit, if he knows how to use it, then they won't be dissatisfied.[/quote]

I think Dee hit the nail on the head. A sexually adept man is not a penis with a man attached. I have had sexual encounters with men who were of average endowment, but were very arousing sexual partners. Sure, tangling with a big cock can be fun, but penis size is not the 'be-all' of sex ... or at least it shouldn't be. I have met size queens who have said that they would never consider having sex with anyone under 8". (What do they do? Ask for references before propositioning the dude?) If that's their imposed requirement, so be it. They're missing out. Some of the most memorable sexual experiences I've ever had were with men that weren't particularly hung.

hotbodz8: "It's not the size of the ship but the motion of the ocean"

I used to get annoyed hearing that too, but then I started coming back with

"That may be true, but my big ship makes one helluva motion" ;D

8.5x6

Samg380: [quote author=hotbodz8 link=board=sex;num=1044604201;start=0#14 date=02/09/03 at 00:27:42]
"That may be true, but my big ship makes one helluva motion"
[/quote]
:D

fanjo: Just because someone says "size doesn't matter" doesn't mean they are saying "big is terrible". I think some of you guys need to relax.

Anyway, why would the size of a dick matter if it is attachted to something repulsive? You'd still wanna vomit.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
[quote author=Michael5094 link=board=sex;num=1044604201;start=0#10 date=02/07/03 at 15:52:57]One thing that I think is true is that size does matter to the man. If you have a large cock you'll get more and better stimulation. You'll have more nerve endings to experience sexual pleasure. You'll have more confidence in your attraction to other like-minded sexual partners. You'll have more skin surface exposed to whatever orifice you have it parked in. So size matters a LOT, especially to the man. [/quote]

Michael, I agree. It's only here that I would say it though, because saying it in any other forum would have a streak of cruelty attached to it ... why go on and on saying how good something is to a guy who can never have it? To a smaller guy I would stress the disadvantages and the sometime frustrastign need for caution.

I think the greater pressure from the tightness, the much greater surface area 'in contact', the increased friction from both these factors, the greater sensation from more nerve endings, not to mention the possibility (with care) of really long strokes ... have to be the main plus side of being very well endowed. Another one to add, maybe, is the chance of using positions some men could never adopt.

What better advantage could there be?

View_From_Below: Max wrote:
"It's only here that I would say it though, because saying it in any other forum would have a streak of cruelty attached to it ... why go on and on saying how good something is to a guy who can never have it?   To a smaller guy I would stress the disadvantages and the sometime frustrastign need for caution."

Max,
As a man on the small end of the spectrum, I appreciate your considerate attitude ("why go on and on saying how good something is to a guy who can never have it?"). Actually, the title of this thread and some of the comments on it are surprising to me--I would have thought that the advantage of size was a complete no-brainer. Size needs no defense--bigger is absolutely better.

I might also say that your kind strategy of trying to emphasize the putative "disadvantages" of being big to smaller guys, out of consideration for their feelings, is useless--but generous and right. BELIEVE me, small men are always painfully aware of the experiences we can never have, and we know you would never for a nanosecond consider changing your size for the small end of things. So in the end, I guess the mark of mutual respect and real manhood for all of us is that you pretend to small men that your large size has serious drawbacks, and small men pretend to believe you. And we all try to act with dignity with regard to our inexplicably and vastly unequal conditions....

View From Below