in her memory

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
got a call in the middle of the night. My 16 yr old australian cattle dog died. her name was sassy, and she was the best dog ever. I left her at the farm in the country when I moved into the city, my g'friend kept her there for me, in the place she loved best.
sassandslysnowedit.JPG

She's the one looking submissive on the left. God she was a good dog and I'll never forget her.:sad2:

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
got a call in the middle of the night. My 16 yr old australian cattle dog died. her name was sassy, and she was the best dog ever. I left her at the farm in the country when I moved into the city, my g'friend kept her there for me, in the place she loved best.
View attachment 13350

She's the one looking submissive on the left. God she was a good dog and I'll never forget her.:sad2:
Aw, Sass, I'm very osrry to hear that there, hon. But try to remember the way she lived and not how she died when you think of her,ok? That always helps me when I think of special people who died.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's horrible to lose a dog, cat, or other furry family member. :frown1:

Some insensitive people make fun of those of us who love our fur babies; but I like many here understand your loss.

njqt466

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh man... your little cattledog past away? That is really sad Sassy... Pecker's dog year equation said it all though... she lived an EXTREMELY long life!!! My family bred cattledogs when I was growing up and I have a HUGE fondness for the breed. The female cattledogs are all the sweetest, most capable dogs around!!! It is such a shame that dogs don't live longer, they are our most trusted animal companion among the ENTIRE animal kingdom... it is such a pity that most people have to deal with dozens of doggie deaths within one human lifetime, that's a tough break for us, since they can fill voids in our lives that would only be able to be filled by a really close friend or lover. She will be with you by your side for your remaining days and you will get to see her again on the other side... be sure of it!!!! I am so sorry for your loss Sassy... so sorry...

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
awwww man, thank you all so much.... we buried her this morning under the tree where she loved to lie down in the summertime- I grieve but am at peace, she died in her sleep, peacefully- she just didnt wake up for her 5 a.m. pottie call, my g'friend said. And yes, she lived a long and good life, chasing rabbits (even in her sleep) a short period of actually working as a cattle dog and she excelled at it- and always always my protector. I had her since she was 6 weeks old when she used to climb in my purse to sleep :lmao:
I have no doubt her spirit is with me always, and she waits for me on the other side where we will be together once more.
yes, she was like my child, not having any- and having her for so long, certainly I have lost a family member.
Thank you, again, from the bottom of our hearts. :heart:

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
View attachment 13350

I'm so sorry to hear this.She had a good long life and you did the kind thing by not moving her to the city.
It's a sad time for you,but you let her have the best life possible. :hug:

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Last year our 16 year old dog died in her sleep, the previous night she'd been just her normal self, running and jumping around as if she were a much younger dog, she got what most dogs don't get - to die at home, most dogs end up being put down by the vet after a long period of illness, I take a lot of comfort in knowing how quick it was for her and that it was where she loved to be.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
my fiance's cat recently died after giving birth( a stillborn was clinging to her insides) I know how it feels losing a pet, especially one you love... its like losing a family member.

I'm sorry to hear about your cattledog. A 16 year old dog is something impossible to replace, like a child.