In Honor of Mother's Day:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you get along with your mom?
How often does she call, e-mail, or text you?
Will you see her on Mother's Day (Sunday, May 10, 2009)
Did you get her anything for Mother's day?
Do you get along better now than when you were younger or are things worse now?

If your mom is deceased, what three things do you miss about her the most?

*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~*

I'll go first. :smile:

For the most part yes, but we have had a few volatile arguments. Also both of us are prone to stomp off and slam doors for effect. :redface:

Well, I've been the live in caregiver to the folks since June 2007 so we speak every day. We have always been close though, (perhaps too much so) and one of us would call the other at least 4 times a week when we lived apart.

You betcha! :cool: I might even go to church with her as she has been begging me for over a year now.

Not yet, :redface: she's 78.5 yrs. old she has everything she needs. :rolleyes: I may get her the Darius Rucker country CD cause she loves country music and bluegrass.

Pretty much the same. We argue more now, but we are still quite close. We argue because she still sees me as the baby girl and therefore an idiot. :mad: We haven't quite made a comfortable transition in the role reversal or care paradox.

I dread the day my mother or father passes away. I'm sure I will be one of those people that spirals off into a deep depression for months or starts binge drinking to cope.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

Yes we get along quite well...as long as we're not in too close proximity. We are very much the same, so when we spend time together under the same roof, we butt heads. Plus, she's a typical, controlling Italian mother, and since I am nearing 40, that grows old.

We talk every day at least once a day. She doesn't like to text because she thinks it's easier to just tell a person what you need to tell them. If she's online when I am, she will send me IMs.

Since I live on the opposite coast from her, I won't see her for Mother's Day, but I will call her. She got the present I mailed her on Thursday, so I am ahead of things.

We get along well, just as we always have--no better, no worse.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I miss my mother so much, I still think about her every day. If your mother is still alive spend as much quality time with her as possible. Once she is gone your life will never be the same again.
To all the Mom's at LPSG I salute you and send hugs and Kisses!

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Do you get along with your mom? Yes, very well. Although she was a terrible mother (she simply had no talent for it; I think she finds children annoying. Her own, at least) she's a great person. Extremely intelligent, very funny, a bundle of energy. We really enjoy each other's company.

How often does she call, e-mail, or text you? All the time. She has 3 homes (one's in HI) so we're in geographical proximity for only a few months a year. She's forever sending me Republican/patriotic/conservative articles (just to be obnoxious) and I do the same to her. I send her a lots of links from here, actually. If she only knew. :biggrin1:

Will you see her on Mother's Day (Sunday, May 10, 2009) No, I was just there last weekend.

Did you get her anything for Mother's day? No, I gave her major jewelry for her 80th birthday last weekend. If she gets an e-card she'd better be grateful.

Do you get along better now than when you were younger or are things worse now? Not really. We were very close when I was young, but then I was very busy raising my younger brother and sister, making sure the laundry was done and getting her to have some food in the house on occasion. I finally married her off to my stepfather when I was 16 and that was a cause for celebration, let me tell you. Now that the Black Widow is married to her third husband, we're all simply more relaxed.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

I really do love her.

Last edited:

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, I think my mom rocks!:biggrin1: She's one of my best friends.
Constantly, except when she's asleep:tongue:

I will. We're going to church together. She doesn't really like to go out but I do plan to cook dinner for her tomorrow.

No. Something happened to mom in her marriage and she doesn't really dig on gifts. She'd much rather receive something that she NEEDS and she doesn't categorize those things as gifts.
Things aren't worse, they're better since we're both adults now and go our own way in what we choose to do:cool:
Thankfully, she is not. I dread that day because my mom is truly one of a kind. I want to go before her honestly. I know losing a child is killer for a parent, but when that day comes I'm not going to be worth shit for a long time. I might just end up being a whole different person.

D_CountdeGrandePinja

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi - probably each one of us has a different experience. Mom died in '73 - as stated above by someone else, an Italian mother who had to be in charge BUT she gave me much - understood me very well and was always open to me as a person. In fact, at her funeral she actually helped me come out completely to the rest of the family. My partner was on vacation and spent the entire time of wake/funeral with us.

Thanks Mom - rest in peace.

To all Mothers and all live givers - a blessed and peace-filled day.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
. We're going to church together. She doesn't really like to go out but I do plan to cook dinner for her tomorrow.[/FONT]

Going to church with her is one of the best gifts you can give her. What will you cook for her? Mothers always like some fried pork chops and greens.:biggrin1:

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Going to church with her is one of the best gifts you can give her. What will you cook for her? Mothers always like some fried pork chops and greens.:biggrin1:
I don't know what I'm going to cook. She hasn't made up her mind yet. Now, that is one thing about her that bugs me. She's so late in making her decisions and it eats away at my time. Whatever she wants, I'm going to make.

I hope church is good tomorrow too. My church is looking for a new pastor and it's kind of up in arms there now.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I miss my mom's cooking (AWESOME), her crazy sense of humor & the way she kept our extended family together...she was definitely the glue...

D_Cock_Hudson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In the UK Mother's Day is at the mid-point in Lent (in March normally). Whenever you remember it, don't forget that your mum is usually the one person who will always be there for you, and you should be there for her.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Yes, most of the time. It is difficult for her to realize that I am a seriously grown woman sometimes though.

She calls me all day long at work. I think she is probably bored or lonely, poor baby.

Yes , I did.

Of course, I wanted to live a little longer. No, but seriously I did get her an outfit. She didnt feel like going out to dinner so we will do that later this week.

I think I got along better with her when I was younger. I think it is very difficult for her to make the shift to the fact that I am the breadwinning adult and should at least be able to have a bit of say in things.

My mom isnt deceased but my dad is. I miss the fact that my personality type was more like his and so I miss that person who understands me best. My dear brother is wonderful but he has his own life.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I didn't see my mother on Mother's Day because she was on Grand Cayman Island attending a wedding on the beach. A wedding to which I was not invited. Damn her!

(Just kidding.) :smile:

I did send her a card and a gift in advance. I know she would like it if I called her every day or two, but I really do try. (Fortunately she and my dad have a very active "retirement" full of kayaking, camping, snowmobiling, boating, etc. ... so I know she's not sitting by the phone waiting for my calls.)

I love my mother and so does everyone else who meets her.

Steve