In late 2015 the northern territory of australia

Leased it's port to the Chinese government for 99 years. I only became aware of this today because the federal goverernment has ordered a review of foreign investment over 250 million. Barack Obama is unhappy with the deal. So am I. Yet these deals are conjured by jilted politicians voted out democratically. China is on a global expansion, yet all our short term pollies are interested in is $. These deals are hidden by commercial media. It is dangerous because they ate doing this in many countries in this region. We will not be Australia in 99 years. Nor will new Zealand. Learned well from the us haven't they.

Reactions: rbkwp

desilover

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
if it's just running a port, so what? but then they'll invade and you'll be speaking Mandarin soon.....enough yellow people in Aus already!!

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Leased it's port to the Chinese government for 99 years.

distressing news for a Sunday am wake up v
never knew that either v,how disguting,no need for it,stupid politicians
well the USA Military presence in the NT
is not going to have its own way,my initial thought
i initially prayed
'USA will save us' but dont really care now,dont want there military presence here/nor the poms actually, but they may reluctantly come down,for old times sake,a big maybe that is, ala Falklands , Aussies are most welcome tho ha true

Barack Obama is unhappy with the deal. So am I. Yet these deals are conjured by jilted politicians voted out democratically.

dont give a shit re Obamas thoughts on it, but sorry for you /myself even,and all Aussies v, cant quite believe its happened, maybe the Aborigines can jump up and down and it will get reversed,but like NZs Maori, its only effective if the indigenous own the land
govt cant touch it the scheming/conniving devils

regarding us, NZs govt has allowed China to set up and buy land outright, prime dairy cattle land, just down the road from me,owned by China now, who have built a dairy factory, owned gy China, and will be in direct cmpetition to FONTERRA, once one of the worlds biggest dairy manufacturers, 100pc NZ owned

These deals are hidden by comme
rcial media. It is dangerous because they ate doing this in many countries in this region. We will not be Australia in 99 years. Nor will new Zealand. Learned well from the us haven't they.

are you saying Abbott or a previous PM
surely many x PMs like Hawke Howard Keating etc, knew about it, could have alerted the meedia, and Aussies are much better at protesting effectively than us

....enough yellow people in Aus already!!

thats stupid dl

Reactions: 185248

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
A similar deal as proposed in the US by the government of Dubai and the port of Baltimore. It was killed after public outcry. In a larger sense I would not worry about land or property purchases in general. It is not like they can take the land and go home. I would have the same concerns however, about any foreign government controlling ports, airports and other things like that. I'm not a big fan of privatizing any of that stuff - to anyone. It seems like a function best left to governments.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would have the same concerns however, about any foreign government controlling ports, airports and other things like that. I'm not a big fan of privatizing any of that stuff - to anyone. It seems like a function best left to governments.

would have to disagree on that last sentence
best left to Gowernments ko

no i dont think so, i think important matters such as the land of any country, should be referendum-ized, the UK seems to be doing that often, take it to the people of the day
remember govts get elected in, but 2 or 3 years later those same persons who elected them in may have had a major change about what they have done

as for the NT
China having a lease on land/thank god it was not permitted to buy/own it outright, like dumbarse NZ has done
the US has increased its militry presence in Australias NT, quite significantly recently
apparently it sent a few of its new bombers there a few weeks ago,likely carve out a part of thhe Airport unntil it gets around to building its own, maybe?
like everywhere else, it will more than likely create a major port as its base in the NT, not good, but probably worked out in advance by the govts, likely without the peoples knowledge,again

like many other places in the World where there is US presence, one can gaurantee they will build/carve out a little/big niche for there military in particular, thinking of your next president, likely it will be his/her priority for such, in the nme of
''protecting the Pacific'

like if trump got in and built that wall he talks about,totally unrealistic surely, just maniacal ravings, and now he is going to be stubborn enough to do it, just because he made the original statement,adding the Mexicans will pay for it
who the fuck is he to say that shit
easy way out for him when they refuse, of course

must say i dont have as much confidence in our/any govts dubious behaviours

always/often at least, ulterior motives involved
greed/lust for power, money involved, not to my liking any of it
hence my dislike/non trust for govts

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
maybe this is why China brought land in NT
market this culinary delight, great creative cooks ..

'Alien-like' goby fish needed alive for identification by Museum and Art Gallery of the NT
105.7 ABC Darwin
By Emilia Terzon
Updated about 7 hours ago

PHOTO: The worm goby hooked by a fisherman in Darwin harbour. (Supplied: MAGNT)

Since the capture of one of these rare creatures a few years ago, its true identity has continued to baffle experts at the Museum and Art Gallery of the NT (MAGNT).

www.abc.net.au: 'Alien-like' goby fish needed alive for identification

PHOTO: The sea squirt that baffled police officers (left) in early 2015 next to another sea squirt. (Supplied: MAGNT)

Topics: fish, library-museum-and-gallery, offbeat, science-and-technology, darwin-0800

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

ABC Rural

NONE of this is good news for AUSTRALIA v

a brief glance at that one ABC RURAL newsletter denotes to me that the entire of Au is up for sale
bugger it who the buyer or partners are ..

NZers got no money to participate??

We redesigned this email to make it easier to read. You can let us know what you think via our feedback page, or via Twitteror Facebook.

S. Kidman and Co enters deal for a foreign takeover of the majority of the iconic Australian cattle company

S. Kidman and Co has named a new Chinese-Australian consortium as the preferred buyer for most of its iconic cattle station holdings.

Farmers, rural truckers welcome abolition of road safety tribunal
The Australian Livestock and Rural Transporters Association says abolishing the tribunal, and the minimum pay rates, is a great result and a relief for its members.

Feedlot empire Mort and Co secures funding for expansion

Mort and Co's feedlot operations in Queensland are set for a big expansion after a multi-million dollar capital raising venture, with the company flagging a potential float on the Australian Securities Exchange.

Outback pub for sale, bras 'n' all

One of the most iconic pubs in outback Australia is up for sale, including a ceiling full of bras, knickers and all sorts of Aussie paraphernalia.

High confidence among Australian agribusinesses, despite poor commodity price outlook

Local agribusinesses hope confidence in the sector will translate to more interest from big investors.

Banana plants grown out in Katherine before moved into red zones

More than 1,000 banana plants are being grown out in Katherine before they are sent into the Banana Freckle Eradication Zones in May.

Key to moving forward with business in China is collaboration, not competition, says co-operative HunterNet

Business trip to China led by the Prime Minister convinces HunterNet the way forward with China is not to compete, but collaborate and make better use of local research.

Bardox

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not the topic I thought it was going to be. When I saw the title I, as any rational person would, immediately thought it would be...

In late 2015, the northern territory of Australia was over run by Koala Bears. They road in on their sturdy mounts, the mighty Kangaroo. Protected within the bullet proof pouch of their mounts, they set upon the area firing rockets and laser from shoulder mounted turrets fitted to their steeds. The populous was easily over run as they could not establish a defense due to the inability to stop laughing at the sight of the invading army.

Alas, I digress. I suppose the Chinese leashing a port is concerning as well...

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
what ,min blazes Sngapore sinking dollars into Qld for , closer ties,militarily duh
3/4 of Australia strategically/militarily infiltrated\
ie owned/abused by foriegners ..

Singaporean army to sink $2 billion into expanding Queensland bases, 14,000 troops on rotation

Singaporean army to sink $2 billion into expanding Queensland bases\

Thousands of Singaporean troops are heading to Queensland as part of a $2.25 billion expansion of the South-East Asian city state's military bases in Queensland.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-...sland-defence-bases/7389168?WT.mc_id=newsmail

China actually buying/owning land

USA basing there bombers, some of there latest Aircraft there apparently, will likely eventually build there own airbase/airport etc

Singapore in Queensland aka NT eventually no doubt

anyone else v .

Alas, I digress. I suppose the Chinese leashing a port is

Last edited:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
related
theselling off of land, different area of AustrALIA GRRRRRR .

F'n Aussie govt stil selling off land
entire Islands now
allowing the selling off, same as NZ
F'n idiots, allowing the future generations heritage to be taken ..apart from it being a paltry sum of money the bastards
not there to quit anyway?
absolutely disgusting, family group of previous owners should be ashamed of themselves
eventually may be used for a eco tourisim venture, geesus mad Aussies
and NZ would be imilar no doubt

POSSIBLE,ECO TOURISIM IN THE FUTURE,AS IF THAT MAKES IT ALL OK,MONEY HUNGRY BASTARDS ALL ..

Foreign businessman buys Tasmanian island for $5.5m

Tasmania's Waterhouse Island sold to Singaporean businessman for $5.5m

Waterhouse Island, off the north-east coast of Tasmania, which gained global interest when put on the market last year, is sold to a Singaporean businessman who will use it as a private retreat.

6822404-3x2-700x467.jpg

related
theselling off of land, different area of AustrALIA GRRRRRR .

F'n Aussie govt stil selling off land
entire Islands now
allowing the selling off, same as NZ
F'n idiots, allowing the future generations heritage to be taken ..apart from it being a paltry sum of money the bastards
not there to quit anyway?
absolutely disgusting, family group of previous owners should be ashamed of themselves
eventually may be used for a eco tourisim venture, geesus mad Aussies
and NZ would be imilar no doubt

POSSIBLE,ECO TOURISIM IN THE FUTURE,AS IF THAT MAKES IT ALL OK,MONEY HUNGRY BASTARDS ALL ..

Foreign businessman buys Tasmanian island for $5.5m

Tasmania's Waterhouse Island sold to Singaporean businessman for $5.5m

Waterhouse Island, off the north-east coast of Tasmania, which gained global interest when put on the market last year, is sold to a Singaporean businessman who will use it as a private retreat.

6822404-3x2-700x467.jpg

Yeah, I don't get it. Here is a Singapore multi millionare who is going to use it for a private retreat, yet no one else sees potential........ Looks perfect for a Chinese submarine base to me :) :) Don't tell the Aussie government though, they just signed a $50 billion dollar contract with France for submarines, built here, which won't be ready for 15 years, to protect wealthy Singapore businessmen.. By the time they are finished, with cost blowouts, about 200 billion.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
well
we can bitch about our respective countries allowing Azian infiltratiion
NZ can kiss goodbye our dairy industry,only exclusive thing weve giot to keep our country going

this factory,40 minutes away from me ..

and i wont go into Fonterras/one of the worlds largest/dodgy baby formula balls up saga with a San Lu partnership with China
the baby deaths, is this some sort of 'payback',by the govts
spared our white executives,they soon came scurrying back to NZ
executed a few token,of the chinese ones etc

http://mobile.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.php?c_id=3&objectid=10863663