In love with my best mate - help!

mjtb1981

Experimental Member
Media
Hey

I'm struggling at the moment with my relationship with my best friend. We're both gay and really close but he's in a relationship.

I know he's not happy and he's told me many times how he's not happy and I can see how his partner isn't right for him. I know, same old story, but I really am confused as to what to do?

I can see us working really well, and I've felt this way for quite sometime so I know it's not lust or a phase or anything and we keep having these moments of getting really close but not quite getting to that point of something happenning. And in all honesty I don't think I want it to whilst he's in a relationship, it'd make a relationship between us harder to start? If that makes sense?

I don't know lol just very confused and no idea if I should say something? Or maybe leave it? Wait?......... Help!

Otep

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
If he isn't happy do you know why he's staying with his partner? My only worry in a situation like that would be interfering with an ongoing relationship (aka homewrecking). If he's still with him because he loves him or he thinks that they will eventually work out then maybe you need to step back and wait.

Of course that's just based on my feelings because I would never want to come between people since I would never want someone to come between my boyfriend and I. Others will likely tell you to follow your heart and tell him and if he wants to be with you then he will be.

sexplease

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Like you and all of us, your friend is learning what works for him. There's nothing quite like friendship turning aflame into romantic passion, but I wouldn't count on that while he's in a trial relationship.
Be his friend. Be happy for his happiness and growth ... whether it's with your love and being or not.