In love with my best mate - help!

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by mjtb1981, Nov 22, 2011.

1. mjtb1981

mjtb1981 Member

Hey

I'm struggling at the moment with my relationship with my best friend. We're both gay and really close but he's in a relationship.

I know he's not happy and he's told me many times how he's not happy and I can see how his partner isn't right for him. I know, same old story, but I really am confused as to what to do?

I can see us working really well, and I've felt this way for quite sometime so I know it's not lust or a phase or anything and we keep having these moments of getting really close but not quite getting to that point of something happenning. And in all honesty I don't think I want it to whilst he's in a relationship, it'd make a relationship between us harder to start? If that makes sense?

I don't know lol just very confused and no idea if I should say something? Or maybe leave it? Wait?......... Help!

2. Otep

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If he isn't happy do you know why he's staying with his partner? My only worry in a situation like that would be interfering with an ongoing relationship (aka homewrecking). If he's still with him because he loves him or he thinks that they will eventually work out then maybe you need to step back and wait.

Of course that's just based on my feelings because I would never want to come between people since I would never want someone to come between my boyfriend and I. Others will likely tell you to follow your heart and tell him and if he wants to be with you then he will be.

3. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    Like you and all of us, your friend is learning what works for him. There's nothing quite like friendship turning aflame into romantic passion, but I wouldn't count on that while he's in a trial relationship.
    Be his friend. Be happy for his happiness and growth ... whether it's with your love and being or not.

4. mjtb1981

mjtb1981 Member

that seems like good advice... just gonna be soooo hard, if it was lust I could ignore it but he's the only one I think about when it comes to... that, I look at other guys but my mind always ends up back with him?

Draft saved Draft deleted