In Love with the Unattainable? What do do?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by matt121matt121, May 29, 2009.

1. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    EDIT: The title should read: In Love with the Unattainable? What Should I do?

To start off there is this guy that I've known for several years online, and we just recently got the chance to meet, and I knew I liked him before, but now I'm really starting to fall for him, and start comparing all other guys to him as the standard and I know that no one else will be able to live up to him.

We just seemed to like alot of the same things, he has an AWESOME body, and its just an all around great guy it seemed like from the short time I got to hang out with him in real life vs knowing him on the internet, and would love to be able to explore the possibilities of a relationship further at some point in the future.

Just the problem is he is currently "in a relationship", and doesn't live nearby at least not yet anyways, though he said he's been looking for jobs in FL, as he just graduated from college.

I know its important to not appear desperate or stalkerish, so I've been trying to be extremely conscious of these factors as to not portray the wrong image and totally make him completely uninterested in me.

So my question is how can I get over my love for the unattainable?, and learn to enjoy what comes my way? (which hasn't really been a whole lot lately as it seems like I'm always the one that has to do the asking to get anyone to go out with me either on a date or even just as friends)

Also why is it that all guys that I like don't seem to like me back at times, but guys who should know that I wouldn't be interested in them at all are always pestering me to meet them, when I know what they don't have to correct intentions 95% of the time, as there usually outside of my requested age range, and we don't have like anything in common.

2. Florida Boy

Gold Member

Take a cold shower.
    And show them pictures of your hot ass.

3. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Reverse the order; if the first works, the second may be entirely unnecessary.

4. whatireallywant

Gold Member

I've had a similar problem... met a guy who I was immediately attracted to (yes, the cliche "love at first sight" thing!), then found out he was really the most compatible person to me of anyone I've ever met - as in, similar political views (which is important to me, and I've mostly been surrounded by people whose political views are polar opposite of mine...), similar tastes in music, and much more... I even heard hearsay that he was hung!

HOWEVER...

He was also happily married when we met, and as far as I know is still happily married. We have lost contact over the years and live many states apart.

We were never more than platonic friends. He was happily married after all, and I don't go after married men knowingly.

Basically all I can do is hope that I can find a single version of him. So far I have not. I had never met anyone like him before, or since.

Draft saved Draft deleted