In Memory of Fine Dessert

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Jul 21, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

AnonyMs: Dear Friends:

It is with a heavy heart that I tell you I called the other kennel in the area and asked them about Canyon Kennel.  They told me the owner, Bob, passed away in mid June.

I have no other information.

<I have made this a sticky topic so we might always remember.  When Bob died, he was at 466 posts.  As you pass that mark by in your own postings, please consider giving our beloved Grandpa a tip of your hat.>

2. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: i don't know what to say.. :(

3. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I hope that he's resting in peace and that his last memories of our group were good.

4. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: I'm so sad to hear that....

I'm speachless. :'(

5. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    AnonyMs, thank you for making that call.  I'm sure it was a difficult one to make.

Over a year ago, when I wasn't sure if the LPSG would survive financially, he was one of the first, if the THE first, to send money to me. I don't think he was just being kind, although he certainly was that. I think this group meant a lot to him. There was at least one time where another poster said something like, "Why don't you people get a life?" Grandpa responded that this was his life, or at least a significant part of it, and that the poster should remember that not everyone is young and easily able to get outside and do all of the things that he or she would like to do.

He had a good heart, and he will be missed.

6. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: My condolences to his family. I had to take a look back in my posts to see how many times I've replied to him. I counted at least 5 where I specifically mention him and they begin with "HAHA!" He always made me laugh and I'm sorry I didn't know him better. He'll definitely be missed.

7. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I'll miss our old friend. We'll have to try harder to laugh now. We owe it to him.

Farewell,
    You did not stay long,
    Dew on the grass.

8. Imported

Gold Member

mindseye: AnonyMs: Thank you for sharing this sad news.

9. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: I figured out what I am going to say...

People come and people go, that'll always be a part of life. I just hope he died peacefully and is happy whereever he is right now. Grandpa, you were loved by all and we'll miss you. Farewell.

10. Zot57

Zot57 Member

Albums:
    I'm sad to hear the news as well.

I know I will miss his posts.

-- Erik

11. jay_too

jay_too New Member

yep, i already miss the humor and humanity in his posts. but then i know that st. peter is having a chuckle or two.

jay

12. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Oh my God. What horribly sad news.

Goodbye, Grandpa. You'll be missed. I know you can read this somewhere - something tells me heaven has a read-only better-than-T1 connection...and he's up there laughing, still.

Nony - Thank you for taking the mantle of making a horribly difficult call. Our collective gratitude goes out to you.

Paul

13. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Also -

for those of you, like me, who wanted to see what Grandpa's business was all about, and wanted to see the man in pictures (I'm sorry, I like to remember people with pictures...I have more pictures of my mother than I know what do to with)...his kennel does have a website..with an about the owner section.

it's, as you might guess, http://www.canyonkennels.com

Just an FYI.

:'(
    Paul

14. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: Rest in Peace Grandpa :-*

[​IMG]

15. B_JohnTheHorse

B_JohnTheHorse New Member

I too am shocked and sadened by this news. I hope Grandpa rests in peace.

:'(

16. Imported

Gold Member

AnonyMs: You know, there is a part of me that keeps hoping FineDessert has been on some fabulous vacation with some sweet young thing (of his gender preference of course) and when I log on, he will be making me laugh with his post about the news of his demise being unfounded....

Thanks for coming up with the link, Paul, and thanks for posting the picture, sammygirly....

once again, this board teaches me about the strength of community and how friendships can be made even though you have never met.

I am sure Bob would be pleased - and humbled - to know we cared enough about him to put together all our collective pieces of information about him to find out what happened. He would be pleased to know we had noticed he was not posting - thanks, Raal! - and that his unique contributions had been missed.

As they will continue to be..... :'(

17. Imported

Gold Member

prepstudinsc: Wow...I'm shocked to hear that Grandpa died. I always enjoyed reading his posts. I'm a funeral director by profession and though I deal with death on a daily basis, it's always hard to bury someone you know. Eventhough I didn't know him personally, it's as though a friend has died. Internet communities like this have spawned new types of relationships and now one of our "LPSG family" is gone. I know that Grandpa is looking down on us laughing with us. We will just have to keep his spirit alive through continued posts on this board.

18. Imported

Gold Member

Maximillian: I too will miss his postings, he definately made me laugh out loud for real a few times. However, as long as we continue to hold him dear to us in our hearts, he will continue to live on.

So the next time you go to answer a post, ponder the thought "What would Grandpa have said?" and reply in that manner. Lets carry on his humor and way of looking things as a way of tribute to a fine man who contributed in many ways to this board and to us as individuals.

19. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: I am very saddened to hear this. I know when I first saw this site, and was wondering if I wanted to start posting, reading Grandpa's comments and jokes helped convince me this was a friendly place.

Rest in peace.

20. Imported

Gold Member

bustyredhead: I never really got to talk with Fine Dessert. It sounds like I truly missed out. I hope he finds all the support he needs from some lovely angel-types in heaven.

- Nene (The Red In Black)

Draft saved Draft deleted