In Memory of Fine Dessert

jackinman: Sad news indeed, may you rest in peace Grandpa. He was a very funny man.

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
CHRIST !!!!!!!
... words are useless now... I had the feeling something bad happened when FineDessert disappeared... missing a day on LPSG was simply not him...

Bob, dearest Bob, wherever you are, I'll miss you - and I'm sure everyone here will miss you. Your emails, your jokes, your kind heart, your lovely humour...
I'm speechless... I'm speechless. . . . . .

aussiechick63: Words can't describe the way we are all feeling at the loss of such a great man. He was a legend that always knew how to make people smile. He will be sadly missed
not only by everyone here, but by everyone whose life he touched. He was inspirational.

My condolensces to his family. I'm sure we are all thinking of them at this time.

Have a great laugh with your mates in the place you are in now. You will be remembered for a long time.
R.I.P Grandpa.

Ineligible: I've only just seen this thread, and I too am shocked . . .

It takes a very special sort of person to make everyone happy, and he was one. I can imagine him now, making Mother Teresa giggle. But he'll be sadly missed down here.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have forged some important relationships
over the internet.
Several of my LPSG ones are included in that.
This news is really sad.
It struck me that i almost started to cry.
I just cant believe it.
We loved you Grandpa.

TragicWhiteKnight: FineDessert was one of the first LPSGers I chatted with, way back when I was totally insecure about my size; his advice and kind words helped a lot.

His fine posts helped raise LPSG up beyond the smutty novelty it could have been and made it a really helpful and caring place, as the outpourings on this thread suggest.

Happy trails.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I did not reply to the original post immediately because I needed time to let it sink in that he's really gone. It has sunk in, and I realise what it means to me. When I joined LPSG in its first incarnation, Bob was the first member to send me a personal message. He was the first to send me an e-mail. He was the first to request a picture of my face that showed my eyes. When I left LPSG, he was the first to e-mail me asking me to return. He was the first to inform me when PLD left in a huff. He carried an an e-mail correspondence with me just because we enjoyed each others' senses of hmour and because we had shared interests. (He said that he thought Jonb and I would make a cute couple!) LPSG has lost a very special member who meant much to the group and to several members individually a well. I think Bob would be touched to know how much he has affected us.

bartonside

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have been moved to tears by the heartfelt tributes to Bob, whose name I have only discovered now that he has left us. What always struck me was that his witty comments were never unkind or malicious; and someone who devotes his life to animals is, anyway, a special kind of person. May his spirit never die.

Mighty_Joe: Though I have never met anyone on this site, I have come to feel that I knew some personally because of their contributions. And, as an animal lover, I perhaps am more saddened for his loss. Even though his profession was a business, I am sure he was compasionate and caring for his patients. They, as we, will miss him.

malito: Bob had a way of touching you with his humor and wit. He also had a serious side that many of us saw. He had wisdom that only came through trials of life. Those who recieved his wisdom were blessed. He will be misssed.

Trackers: Even though I didn't know Grandpa well, I already felt my heart sink when I first saw the link to this thread. And from what you guys have told me, he was a really special person. I couldn't agree with you guys more. I just wish I knew more about him, like how old was he? And what did he die of? I also feel as though I have missed out on something really special. Miss ya heaps Grandpa! R.I.P.

AnonyMs: Thank you for your quest. You're one extremely brave chick!

Finnmark: Belatedly, I have only just been catching up on the posts concerning Grandpa's sad passing. I haven't been around on LPSG for many months, but long enough to notice his regular posts as unfailingly kindly and sensitive, but above all famously humourous. He was one of those 'select' members whose words one always looked out for.

But I was also greatly moved on reading, only a moment ago, the anxious messages in the thread "Where is Fine Dessert ?". These say as much about many members of this group as they do about Grandpa himself. Not just concerned friends taking a lot of trouble, but a family almost.

Which makes me as grateful for them as I am for him.

7x6andchg: I'll second Finnmark's second point:

This type of concern for each other in a time like this puts the "S" in LPSG.

7x6&C

prepstudinsc: [quote author=sammygirly link=board=99;num=1058800837;start=20#34 date=11/02/03 at 16:23:46]*bump*

...because I felt like it.
[/quote]

Thanks for using your super moderator powers to do so. ;)

da_blissmachine: i think its great that we actually care abt eachother enough to check into when we are not posting for a while....

not jusst getting off on stories abt our size

prepstudinsc: That's what makes this board so unique....we all came here because of penis size issues, but those topics have almost become secondary to the other topics on there, and friendships have devloped because of this group. Who would have ever thought something like that would happen.....

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I feel for those who have lost a dear friend. Having seen all his posts in the short time I've been here, I can tell he was a one-of-a kind, if ever there was one. He reminded me of my own grandfather, who died some odd yrs ago, but had the same sense of humor.

Indeed , you will be missed, Grandpa. :'(

ORCABOMBER: Personally, Fine D, is not the third person I have come to know online who has passed away, and it never gets any better, I have read the thread but I haven't replied yet, but he will be missed.

I guess, as said, we are more than the sum of our "parts".