In Memory of Fine Dessert

tracksuitboy: As a relatively new member of this board I didn't know Grandpa personally, but I did enjoy a number of his posts.

And he looked exactly like the sounded, if you see what I mean.

Bye bye Grandpa.

hungcuriousNC: Wow! Where have I been? Man! I'm going to miss his posts. He always got me laughing with his humor. And his sense of life and "living large" was always great advice.

*My hat goes off to one of the best posters here.

mindseye: In the past, people have honored Finedessert's memory by posting as they reach their 466th post. This is my 466th post, and I thought I'd share with you a joke that he sent me via e-mail once.

Background: For a few days in 2002, LPSG was down. Our former host, EzBoard, decided to introduce pop-up ads in addition to mere banner ads, and they were so intrusive (and so many!) that we changed to a new service provider.

[pre]
MINDSEYE: < battleing my way though popups>

You of all people should have the password to the new site,
<killing a popup> now I have <opps! another popup>a
question< and another popup> When the new, new,
new, Board is < popup> up and running, will it have the
same<popup> www.address as <popup> the old LPSG
bo<popup>ard.

If I was able to popup as often as this <popup> Ezboard
does I'd be very happy.

Grandpa
[/pre]

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
God bless him, Mindseye, Grandpa had a pixie-like sense of humor and there wasn't a mean, inconsiderate or hurtful bone in his body.

I hope he's still visiting us and is still happy with the friends he made here. I miss him very much. I know a kennel full of pets does, too.

P.S. Congrats on your 466th!