In Moderation

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Who appointed you judge and jury Larry, when it comes to someone's appearance did your mother never tell you if you can't say something good keep your mouth shut. Mercurial is extending the courtesy of posting pics on here, unless you extend the same courtesy it's just plain fucking rude to make disparaging remarks about her Think_Kink or any of us on here.
I'm sensing your mommy grounded you again so you're getting back at those of us who are allowed out of the house without supervision :)

B_largelarry

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Now, now... no need to get your knickers in a knot, Spoiledprincess.

I am not judge and jury regarding mercurial's pic. That's exactly my point. I want her to realize that my opinion is shared by nearly every other unbiased, heterosexual male who sees both her avatar pic and her gallery pics.

Note once again that I AM NOT INSULTING HER LOOKS, and in fact I stated that she was 'quite attractive' for her age. My only claim is that her current picture sucks. That's not an insult. I also have taken terrible pictures in my day. The difference is that I am keen enough to recognize when a picture sucks, and it immediately lands in my trashcan. I am trying to help her understand that her choice in avatar pictures leaves a lot to be desired, and my challenge is simply to prove that it's not just me who thinks so.

B_largelarry

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think LargeLarry's largeAsse should be clear now to all. 51 posts, and all of them rude, what more needs to be said?

Totally untrue!

I posted one message today praising Kotchanski.

So only 50 of my 51 messages have been rude. Actually, make that 50 of 52, since I am not being rude in this message, either.

B_largelarry

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm going to try and explain something (If I get this wrong, I don't want anyone shooting me for it, ok?)

You're version: Hey, nice pics in your gallery, but you look like an old hag in your av, choose something else ffs

My version: MB you looking damn hot in your av, I prefer this one (insert link) but damn you're hot.

See the difference? I still said I prefered the others, and suggested I might not think her current choice does her justice, yet I managed to do it without seeming like an insensitive cunt with all the manners of a horny mongrel.

BTW before anyone gets the wrong idea here.. I think you look great in em all :biggrin1:

Very tactful, Kotch. But if I took your suggestion and said the above to her, I'd be lying.

I don't think she looks hot in her avatar. When I first saw it, I assumed she was about 45 (maybe older) and not particularly attractive.

When I took a look at her gallery, I was almost shocked to see that not only didn't she look 45 and worn out, but she actually looked good for her actual age of 37. Every time I saw that avatar, it bothered me. I kept wondering what on earth would make her select such a dreadful picture to represent herself.

Sometimes you need the help of strangers to identify your flaws and mistakes. I know that I have often learned a lot about myself from those who had nothing to lose by speaking their mind about certain negative opinions about me. If you surround yourself with yes-men, you end up like Elvis.

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Man, all of a sudden I am glad that I CAN'T see anyones pictures.

This thread has gone way far afield from where it started.

Speaking as someone who can't see the picture in question, I have no bias in speaking here and maybe can be a voice of reason.

I'd like to start with this post here from Prepstud:

This is taken from the thread entitled "Respect"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather LouAnna

The chat should stay.

People should learn to take criticism and not whine so much.

Ignoring negativity is part of being an adult. Embrace it.

I'm speaking as Prepstudinsc the member, NOT as a mod.

Heed your own advice, Heather.

This would be fine and dandy if Hickboys comments were criticism. They were not. Hickboys comments were supposed to be a joke. Which failed, by the way. A simple apology from Hickboy would have sufficed (I am guessing) and this whole thread could have ended around post #4.

Now, we seem to have open season on anyone who has posted a picture. Not a good thing.

LargeLarry, I can see where you are coming from. I see it from an intellectual point of view but from an emotional point of view it's never going to fly. My friendly suggestion is just to drop it. Don't have the last word. Don't try to keep justifing yourself.

We're dealing with other people here and, more importantly, how they feel about themselves. If she likes her current picture, she likes her current picture. You won't be able to change that.

Your proposal to her that YOU select two or three pictures and then have others vote on them is a huge slap in the face. You're basically telling her that you and ONLY you know what is best for her. That's not criticism, that's a control issue.

If there's one thing I have found about the women on this site is that they are very strong willed and will take exception to anyone, man, woman, moderator or non moderator who tries to control them.

So overall here are my suggestions to keep the peace:

1) Hickboy, just apologise. We can put this behind us. We all recognise that this was a joke that failed.

2) LargeLarry, just drop it. You will never come out as the good guy here. There is too much bad blood already.

3) Everyone just take a deep breath, relax and step away from the keyboard. Because we believe so much in what we say and do, we tend to flog the corpse more than it needs to be flogged. All that is going on, now, is digging the grave all around us.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
Please largelarry, keep your negative opinions about people's appearence off the board!
Mercurialbliss now has an avatar of her lovely face after many months of male models etc. I hope she doesn't revert back because you will be spoiling many members' viewing pleasure if she changes it again!:mad:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<...>
I am not judge and jury regarding mercurial's pic. That's exactly my point. I want her to realize that my opinion is shared by nearly every other unbiased, heterosexual male who sees both her avatar pic and her gallery pics.
Nearly every other unbiased, heterosexual male? Where did you come up with that? If you don't like it, that's fine, but it doesn't mean that you should make that assumption for ony others.
Note once again that I AM NOT INSULTING HER LOOKS, and in fact I stated that she was 'quite attractive' for her age.
Newsflash: when you add "for your age" it is NOT a compliment. By the way, what is your age? Many of us are confident enough to post ours...
I am trying to help her understand that her choice in avatar pictures leaves a lot to be desired, and my challenge is simply to prove that it's not just me who thinks so.
And we are trying to help you understand that you are fighting a losing battle. You don't like her avatar. Let it go. Stop cyber-harrassing her over it. And don't offer to post her photos on other websites, that is beyond creepy.

Totally untrue!

I posted one message today praising Kotchanski.

So only 50 of my 51 messages have been rude. Actually, make that 50 of 52, since I am not being rude in this message, either.
You are right, that is not too rude, for a troll.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Please largelarry, keep your negative opinions about people's appearence off the board!
Mercurialbliss now has an avatar of her lovely face after many months of male models etc. I hope she doesn't revert back because you will be spoiling many members' viewing pleasure if she changes it again!:mad:
*Gasp!* A straight man who likes MB's avatar! The sky is falling.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:biggrin1: Now that the thread has been hijacked, it looks like Heather and HickBoy both dodged the bullet this time.

B_largelarry

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am 37 years old. I didn't mean to hide that. It just isn't in my profile.

Anyway, I'm getting rather sick of this argument. The bottom line is this:

Either I'm totally off-base with my opinions about mercurial's picture, or I'm at least somewhat on the money. If I'm anywhere near right, then posting her pictures on a neutral forum would prove that. The fact that so many people (including mercurial herself) are objecting is proof that many fear that the unbiased public would see things my way, thus embarrassing her. But since she declined my challenge, I won't post them.

It is easy to call me a troll because I am blunt and outspoken with my opinions. However, let me assure you that I am simply speaking my mind, and I will simply point out the positives and negatives where they exist. Some people have ignored me already, and that's fine. Personally, I think ignoring people on a message board is weak-minded, similar to an ostrich putting its head in the sand.

B_largelarry

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
re post #56​

I'm betting that your machismo online character is compensation for being a timid little pissant. :yup:​

Go ahead and think what you want. I speak my mind both in real life and online. Maybe it's a bit easier to do it online because I don't have to see any of you after I turn off my computer, but I can assure you that I'm pretty much the same guy on and off this thing.

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In response to post 49..

Its not really lying, its just a more tactful way of putting the truth as you see it (note my wording since I don't actually agree with you, and honestly, if she were that way inclind, based on her Avatar alone, I'd do her :redface: sorry MB)

Don't be sorry. That's a huge compliment. Many thanks. :biggrin1:

I am 37 years old. I didn't mean to hide that. It just isn't in my profile.

Anyway, I'm getting rather sick of this argument. The bottom line is this:

Either I'm totally off-base with my opinions about mercurial's picture, or I'm at least somewhat on the money. If I'm anywhere near right, then posting her pictures on a neutral forum would prove that. The fact that so many people (including mercurial herself) are objecting is proof that many fear that the unbiased public would see things my way, thus embarrassing her. But since she declined my challenge, I won't post them.

It is easy to call me a troll because I am blunt and outspoken with my opinions. However, let me assure you that I am simply speaking my mind, and I will simply point out the positives and negatives where they exist. Some people have ignored me already, and that's fine. Personally, I think ignoring people on a message board is weak-minded, similar to an ostrich putting its head in the sand.

California Chicken Soup:
INGREDIENTS

• 1 (48 fluid ounce) can chicken broth
  • 3 cups water
  • 2 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - diced
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
  • 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 dash garlic salt
  • 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
  • 1 (9 ounce) package frozen cheese tortellini
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  1. Bring the broth and water to a boil in a large pot, and mix in chicken, onion, and carrots. Season with lemon pepper, oregano, and garlic salt. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 25 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear.
  2. Stir the broccoli into the pot, and cook 10 minutes. Stir in the tortellini, and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until tortellini is al dente. Mix in the Paremsan cheese just before serving.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
re post #56​

I'm betting that your machismo online character is compensation for being a timid little pissant. :yup:​

Gee, can't imagine why anyone would come onto a BIG COCK website and insult the women they find there.:rolleyes: Tough to wrap my mind around, since we've never, ever seen this before. Sure, we're all ugly bitches mainly because we like big dicks.

Sounds like a guy with a little dick and an ego to match. Hardly news.

Next.

B_largelarry

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gee, can't imagine why anyone would come onto a BIG COCK website and insult the women they find there.:rolleyes: Tough to wrap my mind around, since we've never, ever seen this before. Sure, we're all ugly bitches mainly because we like big dicks.

Sounds like a guy with a little dick and an ego to match. Hardly news.

Next.

Speaking of ugliness, I just took a look at your gallery pictures.

In the interest of not adding fuel to the fire, I won't comment other than to say that, unlike mercurial, you DO know how to pick the best photo for your avatar.

Wow.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
<...>
So by this same reasoning, when you are walking down the street you point at people and say things like "You don't really have a big ass, for a black girl" or "That's one big ugly birthmark on your face there" or "You have terrible teeth, you really should get braces" or "Hey, you in the wheelchair, you're a cripple".

Go ahead and think what you want. I speak my mind both in real life and online. Maybe it's a bit easier to do it online because I don't have to see any of you after I turn off my computer, but I can assure you that I'm pretty much the same guy on and off this thing.
I can only imagine if a lady in your life (if there is one) ever says "Honey, does this dress make me look fat?"

Gee, can't imagine why anyone would come onto a BIG COCK website and insult the women they find there.
I'm curious, too. Why ARE you on this website?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How long do we have to wait for someone to not get the sarcasm there and attack you for calling the women here ugly? I don't want to miss it

After the pathetic attempt at a "dispassionate" dissertation from a guy with no pics/info as to why he's still an appropriate judge of female beauty, why a left-handed "compliment" is not an insult, and the suggestion that we should put before a panel of strangers pictures that were meant for friends, I just couldn't help but point out the obvious lack of self-esteem of this particular poster, as I said- we've seen it all before.

REAL people are beautiful. MB would be beautiful to me if she were 600 lbs and had a lumpy head. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if my point got missed completely. My post to the OP did.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ToS:

Trolling- NOT COVERED UNDER FREEDOM OF SPEECH! A "Troll" is someone who is consistently disruptive or abusive to other members in most of his or her posts (this is not meant to include humor, differences of opinion, or the occasional snarky remark).

Whilst the comments may or may not have been made with good intentions, it is clear that those involved do not appreciate them and find them offensive. To continue to make them in this manner would be considered trolling in light of their feelings. They are now personal nothing more than personal attacks for the sole purpose of upsetting the board. Please do not continue in the same vein.
Don't you mods dare even consider banning him before he has a chance to respond to my post #63!