Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
in my opinion
interesting revelation by/in QUARTZ
not trying to be a smartass just appropiate thread methinks

Suicide hotlines really do save lives. I know because one saved mine

Suicide hotlines really do save lives. Depression is a disease that’s uniquely isolating. But when Quartz senior reporter Corinne Purtill called a suicide hotline on the day she’d decided to end her life, she spoke to a stranger who offered compassion and help. As Purtill writes today, she now knows that suicide doesn’t end suffering: “The only way to safely dispose of pain is to transform it into something different, something of enduring value: into art, or empathy, or resilience.”

AP_17074267071745-e1536277400560.jpg

Suicide hotlines really do save lives. I know because one saved mine

Reactions: willow78

englad

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In my opinion

Werewolves are better than vampires. I'd rather be a feral beast than be some pale guy that lives off of other people for his own selfish goal.
In my opinion I'd rather be a Dragon.

In my opinion, I'd rather be a giant ground sloth, Megatherium. Imagine being a four tonne, 20 foot long giant sloth with long claws. Nothing in its right mind would ever want to piss you off.

Reactions: BigBadWolf84

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In my opinion, I'd rather be a giant ground sloth, Megatherium. Imagine being a four tonne, 20 foot long giant sloth with long claws. Nothing in its right mind would ever want to piss you off.

4 tonne, 20 foot of Sloth Menace
tumblr_mpna1gxOF01sorx8ko1_400.gif

*stolen from Ms @Enid

In my opinion, the bland/etc kinds of food one can eat when your stomach is upset are really fucking boring and make me even more grumpy than just the upset tummy does.

In my opinion, September is WAAAY to early for Christmas crap in stores. And some of that shit was on display in AUGUST. Ho ho fucking ho...
I always joke that right after my birthday is Christmas. This weekend was my b-day lol. I love Fall though and Halloween rocks :)

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In my opinion, 'tumblr safe mode' is a pain in the crack. I visit a LOT of peen-filled tumblrs - I had to create one of my own (tumblr, not peen) and it's a hassle having to continually sign-in each time I need a dick-fix.

Reactions: BigBadWolf84

lms28

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In my opinion, my tendency to stay up late on Friday and Saturday nights is born out of a mentality I adopted in my late teens to never want to waste a weekend night.

Now that I’m older, maybe I should be more worried about waking up early and not wasting the weekend DAYS. It’s not like I’m going out to the bars or clubs on the weekends anymore.

In my opinion, seeing a meteor slipping through the earth's atmosphere and leaving a long trail of sparks is some of the best fireworks ever. It would be even better if the wishes actually came true.

alcor972

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
in my opinion…
atmospheric conditions could play an immediate role in the degree of explosivity of some volcanic eruptions…
unfortunately… volcanos surroundings weather conditions are not systematically described during important eruptions… as all the attention is naturally devoted to the volcanos phenomenons…
………………….
so… the 8 may 1902 pyroclastic flow… and its subsequent surges reaching and destroying saint-pierre… produced by the mount pelé… happened in the morning by 8 am…
all the previous night long... in fact maybe since the end of the afternoon before… numerous and regenerating cumulonimbus clouds gathered at the proximity of the volcano and produced long lasting and very abundant rainfalls causing during the night a lot of deadly mud flows in several rivers taking their source on the volcano…
several observers described the complex interaction between the weather clouds and the volcanic clouds during that night…
…………………...
I think that the copious amount of water from these precipitations may have temporarily slowed down the gases evacuation rate from the top of the volcano… and therefore for the least helped to the necessary accumulation of energy at the origin of the pyroclastic flow some hours later…
rainfalls have been reported to have stopped by 5 am the 8 may… 3 hours before the pyroclastic flow release…
ok...