In spectacular twist of irony, liberals trash D.C.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Blatant disregard for the environment, disrespect for our nation's capital...the same courtesy shown by rock bands to hotel rooms.

All within eyeshot of the 'Chosen One.'

http://www.flickr.com/photos/11483960@N08/3215909859/

Why would a bunch of people who claim that race should not be an issue in a campaign, choose to attend an inauguration largely based on race?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::151::151::151::yup::yup::yup::yup:

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Star, is this topic even a valid issue?

I mean, if we gathered a million plus honkytonk trailer park Sarah Palin supporters together in any one location, wouldn't they leave the place in disarray?

Please be careful about starting any old thread or posting any bogus comment just to keep your name in circulation -- like faceking does -- as it has the unintended consequence of devaluing your good name.

B_bi_in_socal

Just Browsing
Media

I mean, if we gathered a million plus honkytonk trailer park Sarah Palin supporters together in any one location, wouldn't they leave the place in disarray?

Please be careful about starting any old thread or posting any bogus comment just to keep your name in circulation -- like faceking does -- as it has the unintended consequence of devaluing your good name.

Us Sarah Palin supports would likely leave spare rib bones and freshly gutted fish remains behind. You'd also find that we dumped out our spent charcoal into the flower beds.

Of course, we wouldn't be apologetic about it, we're not religious environmentalists.

The left on the other hand has a lot of 'splainin to do for the irreparable harm they have done to the environment and their irresponsible contributions to Global warm... cool...err, climate change... Global something.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
bi in socal: "The left on the other hand has a lot of 'splainin to do for the irreparable harm they have done to the environment and their irresponsible contributions to Global warm... cool...err, climate change... Global something."

--------------------

IN A SPECTACULAR TWIST OF IRONY.......

"We have many advantages in the fight against global warming, but time is not one of them".....John McCain

"Our nation has both an obligation and self-interest in facing head-on the serious environmental, economic and national security threat posed by global warming".....John McCain

McCain is the dude you guys voted for, correct?

3664shaken

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
IN A SPECTACULAR TWIST OF IRONY.......[/I]

"We have many advantages in the fight against global warming, but time is not one of them".....John McCain

"Our nation has both an obligation and self-interest in facing head-on the serious environmental, economic and national security threat posed by global warming".....John McCain

I sure didn't vote for the RINO McCain.

Let's see his actual voting record is about 65% Republican and 35% Democrat. Compare that to Joe Lieberman, the excoriated, vilified and hated turncoat of the left who voted Democratic party line 91% of the time.

So much for the Democrats being the big tent party.

B_bi_in_socal

Just Browsing
Media
bi in socal: "The left on the other hand has a lot of 'splainin to do for the irreparable harm they have done to the environment and their irresponsible contributions to Global warm... cool...err, climate change... Global something."

--------------------

IN A SPECTACULAR TWIST OF IRONY.......

What exactly are you trying to say? That McCain represented Republican values?

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Conservatives, Republicans and RINOs on Climate Change

"Climate change is real. It's happening. I believe human beings are contributing to it".....Rudy Giuliani in an Iowa debate, 2008

Newt Gingrich admits that science proves that C02 is causing global warming. He has lately been campaigning for a "green conservatism" (Newt also made a celebrated climate change commercial with Nancy Pelosi)

"Is global warming an issue for the world? Absolutely. Is it something we can deal with by becoming energy independent and energy secure? We sure can. But at the same time we call it global warming, not America warming. So let's not put a burden on us alone and have the rest of the world skate by without having to participate in this effort. It's a global effort, but our independence is something we can do unilaterally".....Mitt Romney

"Global warming is one of those things, not like an earthquake where there's a big bang .... It creeps up on you. Half a degree temperature difference from one year to the next, a little bit of rise of the ocean, a little bit of melting of the glaciers, and then all of a sudden it is too late to do something about it.... We simply must do everything we can in our power to slow down global warming before it is too late. The science is clear. The global warming debate is over".....Arnold Schwarzenegger

"I believe that man’s activities certainly can be contributing to the issue of global warming, climate change. Regardless of that, John McCain and I agree that we’ve got to do something about it....The debate on that even really has evolved into, OK, here’s where we are now. Scientists do show us that there are changes in climate. Things are getting warmer".....Sarah Palin to Charlie Gibson, ABC News

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Yes, Alan. I think the 98% liberal contingency at the inaug. shares environmental views with Al Gore.

What you fail to account for is the fact that 8 years of Bush had left the mall with only ONE trash can.
The rest having worn out and, in keeping with the zero infrastructure maintenance Bush instituted... were never replaced.

And I will tell you something... Most of the liberals I know are not opposed toi drilling in ANWR because of environmental concern over ANWR...

They oppose it because it is staggeringly STUPID.

It WILL NOT LOWER THE PRICE OF OIL. It will not significantly increase Supply. It does not address the issue of carbon emissions overall... and it does nothing to eliminate U.S. dependance on oil... which will ALWAYS mean importing oil, no matter how many wells we sink.

Oil production has PEAKED, Star. as an investor, you ought to be aware that NO AMOUNT OF OIL DISCOVERY can possibly bring new oil to market faster than established sources are drying up.

ALL the proposed new drilling.,.. ALL put together... MIGHT lower the cost of gas by as much as a few cents per gallon... 8 years from now.

Drilling in ANWR is an unnecessary, pointless and impotent exercise in wasted money and defiling natural resources.
It ONLY effect will be preserving US reliance on foreign oil.

These are things Liberals are aware of because they do not actively stifle scientific discovery and research.
And they do not rely on Rush Limbaugh as their sole source of information.

Your behavior, your invective and attacks are a large part of WHY the republicans are OUT OF POWER.

You might want to rethink the ideas and attitudes that have earned the republican party the derisive disfavor of the American electorate.

Really... Obama is waiting to take your hand if only you could unclench your fist...

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, Alan. I think the 98% liberal contingency at the inaug. shares environmental views with Al Gore.
Well you are wrong. At least in how far shared views go into action. I believe global warming is a serious issue which needs attention. I believe in solar and wind power as alternative energy forms. But if you think I'm going to give away my furs, stop wearing leather shoes or become a vegan you are out of your cotton-picking mind! :mad: I'm more the write a check to ClearWater kind of environmental supporter. :cool:

Why would a bunch of people who claim that race should not be an issue in a campaign, choose to attend an inauguration largely based on race?
The inauguration wasn't based on race it was based on tradition. It was also the 200th Anniversary of Lincoln's inauguration. Abraham Lincoln is President Obama's favorite President. Hence the connection. FWIW: Not all black people LUV Lincoln. If John Mc Cain had won there would still have been a focus on Lincoln since they are both Republicans.

1. Prove that this was caused by Obama fans and not Rick Warren fans. According to this article, a substantial amount of the trash was left by vendors and souvenir hucksters.
  2. The same article also documents that volunteers were cleaning up after the event
  3. I'm delighted, though, that you've started to show some concern for the environment. Where was that concern two days ago?
BRAVO! They estimate the crowd to have been between 1.4 and 2 million people. That's way more than they get in Times Square for New Year's Eve. Even if every person in the Washington, DC Sanitation dept was required to work that day and the next they couldn't sweep fast enough.

I know it's a crowd and to be expected and I'm not judging.
Yes, you are judging and you are getting called on it and rightfully so. :mad:
But I was expecting more from the same people who are telling us to compost our feces and use your own urine to clean the floor of your shower.
:yikes: You made that up. I know a few crunchy-granola type people who have been composting, mulching, and recycling since the 80's and I have never heard of that nastiness you just mentioned.

:lmao: You are assuming he ever had a good name to begin with. :tongue:

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm surprised at how many people took the bait and posted defensive replies in this thread.

All that went on yesterday, and the OP posts this.

He's a troll. His "team" lost, and now he wants to vent on everyone he holds responsible for the loss. Lashing out with petty attacks is designed to get people responding. And then it's time for Straw Man, Bait & Switch, Subtle Twisting of the Truth, and Outright Lie. More petty attacks. And then it's time for Come on Admit It, I'm So Hurt, Why Make it Personal?, and I'd Hoped We Could Raise the Level of Discourse.

Then, new thread. Rinse, repeat.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Even I wasn't stupid enough to fall for this, and I love making it a point to be a thorn in the side of the neo-conservatives.

Come on, people... haven't we all figured this out yet? Starinvestor hasn't got anything else better to do with his life but to try and infuriate liberal minded people on a forum about big dicks. Either someone on Faux News is paying him handsomely, or he is without a doubt one of the most lonely people on the face of the planet.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From what I have seen of the pictures and local TV coverage, there was much more trash than July 4th fireworks on the mall.
Didn't hear much about trash at the gathering at the Lincoln Memorial on Saturday which had 300,000 plus people.

The point is not that a crowd leaves trash.
The point is that liberal environmentalists would leave trash.
But not all Obama supporters are liberal environmentalists.
From the size of the trash pile they are not environmentalists period.

I think Star Investor is trying to say that the only thing larger than the trash piles is the amount of hipocracy in this "New Era of Responsibility"

Hipocracy would be government by horses?

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm surprised at how many people took the bait and posted defensive replies in this thread.

He's a troll. His "team" lost, and now he wants to vent on everyone he holds responsible for the loss. Lashing out with petty attacks is designed to get people responding. And then it's time for Straw Man, Bait & Switch, Subtle Twisting of the Truth, and Outright Lie. More petty attacks. And then it's time for Come on Admit It, I'm So Hurt, Why Make it Personal?, and I'd Hoped We Could Raise the Level of Discourse.

As a frequent "bait-taker", I agree -- you're absolutely right. My reasons for taking bait like this, is that these childish threads remain archived for years. (Here, for example, is a thread on this site from 2002.) They get indexed by search engines where they might be stumbled upon later by someone who doesn't know any better or hasn't read enough threads to understand who among us is a troll and who isn't. I figure it's best not to let even the most stupid talking point go unresponded, and that a well-informed and sourced reply might have some future value.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As a frequent "bait-taker", I agree -- you're absolutely right. My reasons for taking bait like this, is that these childish threads remain archived for years. (Here, for example, is a thread on this site from 2002.) They get indexed by search engines where they might be stumbled upon later by someone who doesn't know any better or hasn't read enough threads to understand who among us is a troll and who isn't. I figure it's best not to let even the most stupid talking point go unresponded, and that a well-informed and sourced reply might have some future value.

Yes. You're absolutely right, of course. I certainly wasn't wanting to shame anyone for responding (I've responded to threads like this many a time). My primary intent was to highlight the ridiculousness of this thread, and others like it.

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

The third page of this thread is an excellent example of the mentality/refusal to address issues by a significant number of liberals.

A certain group, when unable to defend or explain indisputable proof of poor behavior by liberals -- will just attack the OP as a troll, or dismiss the subject as unimportant. This group usually resorts to personal attacks and name-calling......but.....Anything but addressing the issue at hand.

From reading through the posts in page 3 here, it appears as though - in light of the polluting that occurred in DC - that environment, trash and pollution are no longer of concern to the liberals.:rolleyes:

Then, of course, someone chimes in with how it was Bush or McCain's fault. Then, of course, OP is sad, lonely or mentally ill.

Its like learning to play a video game with the libs. The pattern is the same every time.

INCAPABLE of accepting responsibility - in all cases. Nick8 actually said 'shame on them' otherwise -- deflect, dismiss, and insult.

Wondering if Mindseye is able to schedule a webinar for the libs on posting etiquette. Even though his ideas are diseased, he at least addresses the issue at hand.

EL_Duderino

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Looks much worse than usual.
Lawn chairs being left behind.
I don't litter.
What is their excuse?
Lazy?
Don't give a shit?

130 plus tons of trash left on the mall in DC

there were 2 million some people. funny how u use this an excuse to shit on liberals.