In The Closet

How many married, knowing they we're gay or bi

• Total voters

RedBear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I don't think your poll quite covers all the options.

I always new I was gay/bi/whatever but fell in love with a woman. While she was not my prefered gender, we had a great life (including sex) for almost 30 years. While I always knew, she did not find out until the last 3 years of our marriage.

(And yeah, I realize I am far from the norm. Most gay married men did it becuase "it was the right thing to do")

Reactions: Voltaire

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Since I don't qualify, I'm answering for my bf who married his wife in his late 20s having never had sex with a man and claiming he had no idea he was gay. For reasons particular to him (not the least of which is that he had also only had sex with one woman, twice, prior to his wife despite being a very good looking, popular guy) I find it difficult to believe he wasn't in a lot of sexual denial.

However, he believes he didn't know he was gay until 10 years later and would have stayed married to his wife if she hadn't disliked sex so much, which he had come to like a lot. Once it was clear they were incompatible, however, and he was ready to move on, it wasn't women he realized he wanted to move on to. And the rest is history.

flaman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Knew when I married. Marriage lasted 15 years, then I came out. Now with partner 23 years this month.