In your experience, is there some truth to the perception that gay men can be real mean girls?

D

deleted924715

Even more confusing than that before I clicked 'show ignored content'. :confused: Nope. I'm still confused.

Everything they post is complete nonsense. You'd think they'd make sense, if only by accident, once in a while :confused:

Everything they post is complete nonsense. You'd think they'd make sense, if only by accident, once in a while :confused:
The ignore button makes me blissfully ignorant of all that. I don't want to say anything too mean because it looks like a mental health thing to me. Too many people close to me have suffered with mental illness, so I am fairly understanding about it, but can't tolerate more of that sort of thing in my life than I absolutely have to. In future I might try to resist the urge to click on 'show ignored content'.

Reactions: deleted924715
D

deleted924715

The ignore button makes me blissfully ignorant of all that. I don't want to say anything too mean because it looks like a mental health thing to me. Too many people close to me have suffered with mental illness, so I am fairly understanding about it, but can't tolerate more of that sort of thing in my life than I absolutely have to. In future I might try to resist the urge to click on 'show ignored content'.

I think I'll do the same

Anyway, I think their could be some truth to the perception. Once at a gay venue my girlfriend at the time got drunk and proposed to me in a very drunk and flamboyant way. With everybody watching. :eek:. The best I could do was to laugh it off and point out that she was technically still married to her husband, whilst trying to spare her too much embarrassment and humiliation. But she was embarrassed and humiliated and hurt. A couple of gay men watching the drama unfold were intent on making the matter ten times worse and turning it into the kind of waking nightmare that would be very hard to live down ever. I told them to stop, obviously, but they still went around talking to people and pointing and laughing, and said things to her later on to try to upset her. Months later, after we split up, a different man in the same venue said something about it all that she perceived as spiteful, and she headbutted him and broke his nose. I'm pretty sure he deserved it though. She was a very kind, smiley, sunshiny person.

DaisyDoesIt

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Anyway, I think their could be some truth to the perception. Once at a gay venue my girlfriend at the time got drunk and proposed to me in a very drunk and flamboyant way. With everybody watching. :eek:. The best I could do was to laugh it off and point out that she was technically still married to her husband, whilst trying to spare her too much embarrassment and humiliation. But she was embarrassed and humiliated and hurt. A couple of gay men watching the drama unfold were intent on making the matter ten times worse and turning it into the kind of waking nightmare that would be very hard to live down ever. I told them to stop, obviously, but they still went around talking to people and pointing and laughing, and said things to her later on to try to upset her. Months later, after we split up, a different man in the same venue said something about it all that she perceived as spiteful, and she headbutted him and broke his nose. I'm pretty sure he deserved it though. She was a very kind, smiley, sunshiny person.

at 5' 11" 170 I'm kinda a strong very physical gal----twice I've kinda lost it with these 'male bitches' over this exact same type of shit. one I picked up and threw in the pool, the other I bitch slapped a couple times, he took a fisted swing at me, so I broke his nose....got 'anger management' course but no charges---which is neat, 'cause I do lots of business in Canada and that'd screw up border crossings....