• unfair

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As far as I am concerned, this isn't just about me, or whining about my situation. If I thought I had it better than anyone else on this Earth, I would still say life is unfair. Just based on what happens to others at random, and on the variability of everything. The original question was "is life fair or unfair". Not "do you think life has been fair to you". That's two different questions with two different answers for most people. Life isn't fair and it was never designed to be. Even the man made social systems are unfair. All men were not created equal, and that's that. We do have to make the most of what we've been given. We have to work for our betterment, but life is still not fair or equal, and never will be...

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
fairness has nothing to do with beauty or spirituality. but faith seeks out logic anywhere the latter is found and seeks to destroy it whenever possible, regardless of whether or not it makes sense to do so.

Absolutely true. Faith, religion, beliefs, etc, have nothing to do with logic, and cannot be explained, proved, or disproved scientifically.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
fairness has nothing to do with beauty or spirituality. but faith seeks out logic anywhere the latter is found and seeks to destroy it whenever possible, regardless of whether or not it makes sense to do so.

But defenders of faith have sometimes tried to use logic to defend faith.
Is the statement too strong?
Actually, what does it mean?

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I am not aware that faith seeks out logic anywhere it can be found and then seeks to destroy it, whenever possible , any more than I am convinced that logic seeks to destroy faith because it does not mirror the logical concept of reality! I cannot conceive an existential reality where logic and faith cannot peacefully coexist within both cerebral and existential constraints!

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The day we bring perfection here ( i dont believe that day will ever come ) will be the biggest accomplishment ever . The thing that never happen in millions of years.

When I have spoken of perfection I have used it as a metaphor for continually striving to improve! I do not think perfection is an absolute destiny that can be measured with numbers like 1 to 10, with 10 meaning Bingo, you are there, rather it is a process of adapting and metamorphosing into an advanced state of existence in life!

speshk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
The system is perfect. All you need is perspective.

"You have no idea what I'm talking about I'm sure, but don't worry, you will - - someday."

-- Les Burnham

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As far as I am concerned, this isn't just about me, or whining about my situation. If I thought I had it better than anyone else on this Earth, I would still say life is unfair. Just based on what happens to others at random, and on the variability of everything. The original question was "is life fair or unfair". Not "do you think life has been fair to you". That's two different questions with two different answers for most people. Life isn't fair and it was never designed to be. Even the man made social systems are unfair. All men were not created equal, and that's that. We do have to make the most of what we've been given. We have to work for our betterment, but life is still not fair or equal, and never will be...

That exactly my point . I never said that life is unfair because of me . Its based in observing what happen to many other people. I actually not think about it most days of the year . Only in holidays like thankgiving and others i cant help it