In Your Own Skin

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by D_Thoraxis_Biggulp, Jul 19, 2008.

1. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

I've noticed over the years that women are more critical of their image than men, generally speaking.

So, to all the women here, how comfortable are you in your own skin (use adjectives or go by a 1 - 10 scale)? If it's fairly low, what would you like most to change about yourself, physically?

2. Principessa

Gold Member

Hmm, it varies by the day. I am more comfortable in my skin now than I was 10 or 20 years ago; which is ironic because I'm about 40 lbs over weight now. :redface: Would I like to lose weight? YES! Will I curl up and die if I don't? No.

I've always wanted bigger boobs but sometime in my mid 20's I learned to love my little boobies. :smile: Most days I would rate myself a 7 or an 8; but I have my 3 days too.:frown1:

3. Nala

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Over all I am pretty comfortable with my body (7 or 8). I would be happy to lose some pounds, that would make it even better.

4. whatireallywant

Gold Member

Same here, but I'm still not comfortable - just a little more than I used to be. Yeah, I need to lose about 40-50 lbs. I'm trying to get into a regular exercise routine but it's hard for me because I'm a "social exerciser" and if I'm alone I tend not to exercise as much. Plus now I have to spend a lot of time looking for work, and don't have a lot of time especially on weekdays, for other stuff.

And I've always wanted bigger boobs, too. I've never learned to love mine being small, though.

And I'll agree that the media does a number on women and our image. Thing is, I've had a bad body image since I was a preschooler! :eek: But back then mine was different than you'd think. I was pestered by some members of my family about being too skinny (I WAS a skinny kid and teenager...although I'm not now), so I had a hatred of my body for being TOO THIN! Weird to think about that now, since I wouldn't mind being as thin as I was when I was in my teens now!

On the other hand, I also know that being thin isn't the be-all and end-all. I HAVE been thin and life wasn't all a bed of roses then.

5. B_spotted_duck

B_spotted_duck New Member

A man commenting here. Women are generally harder on themselves. But men can be hard on themselves too these days. Mens Health magazine does my self esteem no good.

I would call myself a 6. things to change: weight, hairline, spots (skin problems-vitiligo). #1 is hard right now. #2 I have to live with. #3: treatments are out there but they don't work too well.

6. D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp New Member

I'd say a 6, maybe a 7 on a good day, for myself as well.

I want to gain about 20 pounds, evenly distributed from the shoulders down. Get my six pack back. Also, it'd be good if my facial hair was thicker and fuller. The hairs themselves are thin, so I look younger for it (but even moreso without it).
    And I'd also like to be able to afford an electric razor. My jawline is so angular that it's difficult to shave along it with a manual razor.

7. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Im not at all comfortable in my skin. its a big issue for me and im very uncomfortable getting naked or being partially clothed with other people. I avoid places like the beach and pools and 80% of the time sex is in the dark.

8. Runco

Runco New Member

I am very comfortable in my skin as long as I am training. I instruct part time at my local gym (advanced and intermediate aerobics, and pump) and work out at least 5 time a week. When I am doing this, I would put my confidence at 10. If there is a big break in my routine (as there was a few years ago when I became too ill to work), I find that I am a lot less confident - a 3 or 4 - because I hate not being in shape.

Draft saved Draft deleted