Inauguration of Barack Obama ...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by PatriotSam, Dec 30, 2008.

1. PatriotSam

PatriotSam New Member

I was just curious to see if anyone was going to attend the inauguration of Barack Obama and Joe Biden on the 20th?

If so, how far are you traveling to get to D.C. and what's your motivation for going.

For me, i just want to be 1 of the possible 5,000,000 person crowd that migrates to the capitol to witness this historic event.

The smell of change is in the air and I'm excited to see what happens in the next 4 years. Seems like the irresponsibility of government and big business are starting to destroy the established structure of things (though they will fight like hell to continue business as usual) and it's going to be interesting to see what rises from the ashes.

My hope is a stronger, more tolerant and understanding America ... a more environmentally conscious America and a rebuilt reputation in the eyes of the world.

Maybe I'm the eternal optimist but i think the upcoming administration is very strong and can get the ball rolling on some serious positive change.

2. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

The majority of big businesses that exploited 'the system' have been eradicated...particularly on Wall Street. Those that are still alive won't have the opportunity again anytime soon to exploit anything.

I agree.

Eh, time will tell.

3. Skull Mason

Gold Member

Albums:
    we got hannity and colmes!!!

4. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm trying to talk my friend into taking me to see it but he thinks we're gonna get robbed.:rolleyes:

5. PatriotSam

PatriotSam New Member

I'm more concerned with terrorist actions (domestic/forigen suicide bombers), riots and/or bar fights. It's going to be a lot of people (some very opinionated) crammed into a very small area for the entire weekend.

Every bar, restaurant, bus, road and hotel is going to be overcrowded and i doubt that the streets will clear out completely the entire weekend.

Plus, if you fear getting robbed, just don't take anything of significant value. Take a single debit card, your ID, your keys and your cell phone. And keep them all in your front pockets.

6. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    ^That's what I told him but he's still worried. DC ain't exactly the best area to be in when there's a large concentration of people, I can understand that. Still, it'd be nice to be there for history in the making, and to boo Warren when he comes on stage.

7. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Oh no, that will happen after Jan. 20... :biggrin1:

8. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    I pay taxes, I get robbed everyday.

9. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

Stay at home and watch the coverage on TV. Unless you have a ticket, you're not going to be able to see anything, you will get overcharged on hotels, you won't be able to get around the city, and generally it will be pretty miserable.

10. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    ^You sure know how to kill a wet dream.:wink:

11. Northland

Gold Member

It was a choice between doing it that way or wallpapering your home with lifesize pictures of me naked and doing things with bacon, sausage, the lady next door, her husband, my former employer and of course with George W and George HW Bush (at different times of course)*. One way or the other we were going to end your sex thoughts.

Seriously, unless you have a place to stay (and hotels were booked ages ago) or tickets to events, it may be nicer staying at home-maybe even get together with some friends and have a celebration party of this grand event.

*I meant we were all having dinner and there was both sausage and bacon at the table. What did you think I meant? What?!:eek: Sex with them? Um, no. Although my neighbors are hot. (and yes, we were all naked at the dinner table...there goes Marley's sex life forever with that image burned in)

12. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    We're coming in from Austin, Tx...and my reasons are basically the same as those spelled out in the OP.

Draft saved Draft deleted