Inauguration

pym

Just Browsing
Media
I'm watching it right now....and all i see is hopefull Americans.
Those of you who only see OBAMABOTS/DEMS/LIBERALS/LIBTARDS etc....can kiss my ass.

B_bi_mmf

Expert Member
Media
What a beautiful, inspiring new beginning.

Strong, articulate, inclusive, intelligent, science-based, results-oriented, compassionate leadership can make an enormous difference, and Obama is exactly what we need.

This is a defining moment for all the world.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
"We reject as false the difference between our safety and our ideals"

Congratulations.

D

deleted3782

I feel so much better now.

My message to Bush: See ya, wouldnt wanna be ya.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I get the impression that Arbutus Minor is almost as glad to be out of office as Taft was.

Obama automatically became President at noon EST, while Yo Yo Ma and others were performing John Williams arrangement, before taking the oath. Don't know who put it behind schedule. I didn't listen to Rick Warren.

Last edited:

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
I have the tv on also. Barack has taken the oath of office, is now speaking to the million+ people assembled on the National Mall.

Obama: "On this day, we gather because we have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord.

On this day, we come to proclaim an end to the petty grievances and false promises, the recriminations and worn out dogmas, that for far too long have strangled our politics.

We remain a young nation, but in the words of Scripture, the time has come to set aside childish things.

The time has come to reaffirm our enduring spirit; to choose our better history; to carry forward that precious gift, that noble idea, passed on from generation to generation: the God-given promise that all are equal, all are free, and all deserve a chance to pursue their full measure of happiness."

"This is the journey we continue today. We remain the most prosperous, powerful nation on Earth. Our workers are no less productive than when this crisis began. Our minds are no less inventive, our goods and services no less needed than they were last week or last month or last year. Our capacity remains undiminished. But our time of standing pat, of protecting narrow interests and putting off unpleasant decisions - that time has surely passed. Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America."

"As for our common defense, we reject as false the choice between our safety and our ideals. Our Founding Fathers, faced with perils we can scarcely imagine, drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations. Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expedience's sake."

"For we know that our patchwork heritage is a strength, not a weakness. We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus - and non-believers. We are shaped by every language and culture, drawn from every end of this Earth; and because we have tasted the bitter swill of civil war and segregation, and emerged from that dark chapter stronger and more united, we cannot help but believe that the old hatreds shall someday pass; that the lines of tribe shall soon dissolve; that as the world grows smaller, our common humanity shall reveal itself; and that America must play its role in ushering in a new era of peace."

"For as much as government can do and must do, it is ultimately the faith and determination of the American people upon which this nation relies. It is the kindness to take in a stranger when the levees break, the selflessness of workers who would rather cut their hours than see a friend lose their job which sees us through our darkest hours. It is the firefighter's courage to storm a stairway filled with smoke, but also a parent's willingness to nurture a child, that finally decides our fate."

(I've excerpted. Read full text here: Text of President Obama's inaugural address - Sacramento Politics - California Politics | Sacramento Bee )

This is a NEW DAY. We now have a 44th president that respects science and art and music and poetry. That respects gays as well as straights, the non-religious as well as the religious, who sees no color when judging the man. Barack smiles easily. You can feel surging new energy all across the television screen. I truly hope this translates to a fresh & optimistic White House.

silvertriumph2

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks willtom...
I was going to look later to see it the speach was on the Internet yet...
but, you beat me to it and saved me the work.....Thanks, Bud...

I have, through good times and bad times, always been proud of America
and of being an American...but I'm even more so today!

As you said...this is a NEW DAY and I hope it will be the beginning of
a grand new era for America and the entire world.
One of true PEACE for all!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
When do they trade off the codes to the nuclear arsenal? Did Bush hand-off the keys to the black box to Obama when they shook hands after the oath or something?