Inconvenient Sexual Truths

Placidity

Expert Member
Media
I don't think this holds water.

People are expected to have fantastic sex lives ALL the time! Aren't you??! Why not??!! ...and so on. Part of this is the media, and I include TV and lifestyle magazines in that setting unrealistic ideas in people's heads. Same as health and fitness regimes or beauty magazines. Chances are you're not like that, and indulging in that will just make you feel fat and/or ugly... same with sex talk - you'll end up feeling like a born-again virgin.

Does everyone really have a totally satisfying sex life with smash hit after smash hit every time? Really?*

It is possible to grow and sustain a relationship with great sex. Trust me. But you both have to work at it.

Also, I'm not sure that most gay men lose their virginity in the woods or in a toilet. Again, the internet makes it much simpler and I daresay many young men shag for the first time in some friend's bedroom, as they always have. It needn't be some insalubrious fantasy.

Another addendum to all this is FOMO. This is true for both(all?) sexes and sexualities and this is a comparatively new phenomenon is a Gen X/Millennial affliction. Before this time/before the internet, people met in pubs and bars, got drunk, hoped to find someone who wasn't utterly repulsed by them and maybe get it on. Remember all that?

In today's competitive dating market, people tend towards the, "There could be something even better round the corner" and are less likely to commit early and (because of what I've sketched out above) have much higher standards/expectations.

People want more, expect more.

Not sure if they get more but then I don't have to do the dating thing, so.

* I mostly do, but I tend to skew most surveys and should not be taken as "normal". :)
I'm sorry, but I don't follow your logic at all and really don't understand anything you are trying to say. Was a bit all over the place. Not trying to be a jerk, just being honest. Feel free to clarify.

I was merely pointing out one way of thinking (my own) around preferring sex with people I don't love and can objectify and preferring a somewhat sexless, but loving, long-term relationship (emotional monogamy some might call it) with someone whom I love deeply. All I was saying is that I feel folks like me are penalized by society's expectations that a proper relationship is one where the sexual intensity never attenuates. In reality, usually the opposite is the case and one shouldn't move on from someone they love because a romantic comedy tells them that their relationship is flawed.

Reactions: fastandfurious01

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm sorry, but I don't follow your logic at all and really don't understand anything you are trying to say. Was a bit all over the place. Not trying to be a jerk, just being honest. Feel free to clarify.

I was merely pointing out one way of thinking (my own) around preferring sex with people I don't love and can objectify and preferring a somewhat sexless, but loving, long-term relationship (emotional monogamy some might call it) with someone whom I love deeply. All I was saying is that I feel folks like me are penalized by society's expectations that a proper relationship is one where the sexual intensity never attenuates. In reality, usually the opposite is the case and one shouldn't move on from someone they love because a romantic comedy tells them that their relationship is flawed.
I meant what I said:

• Sexual partnerships don't have to wane (I am living proof)
  • I don't buy that you necessarily have better sex with someone you don't love
  • My take on it is the unrealistic expectations that people have of sex and relationships
  • I don't buy your stereotype of gay men
  • Your view might be real for you but it should not be mistaken for a universal truth or even minority position. imo

Try a better relationship with a better partner? If it's really that much of a problem, jsut hire a hooker and stop feeling guilty.

Free advice. No change.

:)

Reactions: il2tx

Placidity

Expert Member
Media
I meant what I said:

• Sexual partnerships don't have to wane (I am living proof)
  • I don't buy that you necessarily have better sex with someone you don't love
  • My take on it is the unrealistic expectations that people have of sex and relationships
  • I don't buy your stereotype of gay men
  • Your view might be real for you but it should not be mistaken for a universal truth or even minority position. imo

Try a better relationship with a better partner? If it's really that much of a problem, jsut hire a hooker and stop feeling guilty.

Free advice. No change.

:)
First off, who said I felt guilty about anything. I quite enjoy my sex life and my preferences. But, I got here after having been through many relationships that ended for the reasons I stated in my initial post. So, I figured why not express that for those that are 10-15 years younger than me.

I’ll remind you that the topic of this thread is “inconvenient sexual truths”. My inconvenient sexual truth is the one I expressed.

If you don’t agree with it, no problem. Not sure why you feel the need to argue with me about my preferences. Are you intending to convince me that my preferences are my imagination or are wrong? Lol. Good luck.

The point of threads like these is to express one’s point of view. And, if others identify with it, great… you’ve helped them feel less alone, understand themselves better, or whatever.

Seems your participation here is aimed at winning this forum’s equivalent of a bowling trophy or debating medal, which is quite hilarious. And judging from your join date and post count, you're well on your way. But, Mom will eventually want you to contribute to the rent.

Call_Me_Dave

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are all these fluids flying everywhere and a lot of them go in your mouth. It's gross.
If fluids are flying like that either a)watersports or b)someone is doing something very right.

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He is getting a little Wildeian in his interpretations, "Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power."
I think for a lot of those with low or "responsive" libidos that is absolutely the case, and along with my 2nd statement part of the motivation of why people whom are aware of their low or responsive libido status still opt to pursue or lock down those with naturally higher or active libidos; while being totally aware of their inability or unwillingness to meet it.

D

deleted814719

Women have all the power in a sexual relationship. As a straight man, I would do nearly anything for pussy and have my entire married life (43 years). I do many, many things to please my wife and try to make and keep her happy and satisfied, especially in this COVID-troubled time. I've found that a happy, satisfied wife makes it more likely that I'm going to get laid. That's just the crude fact.

D

deleted814719

For me I take a great deal of pleasure from giving pleasure. If sex was so so with a female or male but I had given them great pleasure from the act I would be very happy. Of course over time I would expect them to get better or at least try to improve things so my pleasure would be greater.
I, too, get a great deal of pleasure from satisfying my wife. Oral, dildo play, fingering, whatever she wants I'm happy to oblige. It makes me feel good (proud?) when I help her achieve orgasm.

Reactions: nhguy78 and diver6
D

deleted814719

I really don't see the difference. I would have no trouble fucking a girl on her period and would honestly find the experience kinda hot.
I have to say that in my experience, menstrual blood is actually a great lube. The "grossness" of pulling your dick out and finding that your partner has got her period lasts about 1/100th of a second for me. Then, it was right back to work!