Increasing Ejaculate Volume by Enlarging the Prostate

Snarfblat

Experimental Member
Media
I just started using minoxidil several months ago to slow down my hair loss. For you young ones, Minoxidil is the active ingrediant in Rogaine. The literature provided with the topical scalp treatment says that lower ejaculate volume is one of the side effect. I have noticed a decease in my semen volume since I started using it. I ejaculate less semen and my semen is thicker. Normal output did return when I stopped using it for a while.This brings to mind the question. If medication like minoxidil, propecia (1 mg finasteride for hair loss) and proscar (finasteride in 5mg for enlarged prostate) reduces ejaculate volume by shrinking the prostate, is it possible to increase ejaculate volume by enlarging the prostate? If this is so, what foods, food supplements, medications do this? Keep in mind that this question is purely academic. I have no intentions of enlarging my prostate!Snarf

transpose

Experimental Member
Media
Here's an interesting website: Prostate

Which says the prostate naturally gets larger with age but produces less fluid. A problem with increasing the size of the prostate would be if it clamped down on the urethra due to it's larger size, but the way to increase the size would be to have more testosterone.

The way to guarantee more ejaculate is if the seminal vesicles, and to a lesser extent if the cowpers glands, were enlarged, as the more fluid they could become engorged with the larger the ejaculation volume (the seminal vesicles produce around 70% of total ejaculation volume).

visceraltuning

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
An enlarged prostate results in difficulty urinating. Many older man have to have a permanent transurethral catheter (foley cath) connected to a bag to drain their urine because their enlarged prostate prevents them from peeing. Unfortunately, the presence of the catheter makes these men susceptable to other problems, like urinary tract infections.

If anything, doing things to avoid an enlarged prostate is best. The best way to avoid it is to have regular orgasms.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Are you nuts..........an enlarged prostate is not a good thing.....BPH or benign prostatic hypretrophy causes:
  • Difficulty starting a urine stream (hesitancy and straining).
  • Decreased strength of the urine stream (weak flow).
  • Dribbling after urination.
  • Feeling that the bladder is not completely empty.
  • An urge to urinate again soon after urinating.
  • Pain during urination (dysuria).
  • Waking at night to urinate (nocturia).
  • Frequent urination.
  • A sudden, uncontrollable urge to urinate.
Doesn't sound like much fun to me!