Independence Day

nakedwally

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Happy fourth of July and heres a song for you all!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nYENO6r5vVo

Independence Day by Martina McBride
Well she seemed all right by dawn’s early light though she looked a little
Worried and weak she tried to pretend he wasn’t drinkin’ aagain but daddy left
The proof on her cheek and I was only eight years old that summer and I always
Seemed to be in the way so I took myself down to the fair in town on
Independence day

Well word gets a round in a small, small town they said he was a dangerous man
But mama was proud and she stood her ground she knew she was on the losin’ end
Some folks whispered some folks talked but everybody looked the other way and
When time ran out there was no one about on indpendence day

Chours: let freedom ring, let the white dove sing let the whole world know that
Today is a day of reckoning let the weak be strong, let the right be wrong roll
The stone away, let the guilty pay, it’s independence day

Well she lit up the sky that fourth of july by the time the firemen come they
Just put out the flames and took down some names and send me to the county home
Now I ain’t sayin’ it’s right or it’s wrong but maybe it’s the only way talk
About your revolution it’s indepenednce day

Repeat chorous

Roll the stone away it’s independence day

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
On June 7th, 1776, Richard Henry Lee, a delegate of the Continental Congress for Virginia made a speech to his fellow delegates of making America a completely free nation from Great Britain. Though many of the delegates present were approving of those words, they did not feel that it was necessary to take such exorbitant actions. Mainly because to vote for a break with England would be considered an act of treason which at the time, was punishable by death. So, they put Lee's proposal on the table for further study.

Throughout the rest of the month tensions rose between the fledgling nation and Britain causing all of the delegates to alter their 1st decision when congress met once again on July 2nd. On that faithful day, all of the delegates voted for the break with England, prompting that the declaration be written. After the vote was taken, John Adams wrote back home to his wife, Abigail, of the event.

The Second of July, 1776 will be the most memorable in the history of America. I am apt to believe it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the Great Anniversary Celebration.

2 days later on July 4th only a few things happened, one actually, being quite funny. The real reason Congress met on July 4th was to approve the wording of the declaration. Some didn't like the way a sentence was structured others the way the name of the new country was used. So, none the less, they were whining over things of little importance. This heated debate seemed to continue to no end, that is, until a swarm of horseflies from a nearby farm came flying through the windows that were open due to the warm weather. While swatting at the flies, one delegate rose and said that Jefferson's declaration was suitable to him, which many second, causing a motion of approval that was speedily approved of. Soon afterward the founding fathers ran out of the Hall swatting at the horseflies.

So there you go, just a little history tidbit for you. So maybe we should celebrate Independence day on July 2nd, and celebrate the Horsefly on July 4th that helped keep one of the greatest documents in history the way it was and not a load of political blather.

Good old John Adams.

Happy Birthday my Dandy friends.

montanaguy

Sexy Member
Media
I know it's almost over now, but a belated "HAPPY CANADA DAY!" for our neighbors to the north, since July 1st, is the 141st anniversary of the confederation of Canada in 1867. :)