India terrorism...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by D_Jared Padalicki, Nov 28, 2008.

1. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

Shocked by the terrorism that is going on in Mumbia, India. Already 125 people got killed and 300 people are hurt. Imagine all the chaos when suddenly people start shooting on you and you have nowhere to go! All chaos, I'm shocked by it, really. It's just like what happend in Madrid a few years ago and in London, and don't forget New York. Very scary.
    All those terrorist attacks everywhere in the world, no save feeling anymore.
    Like here in Belgium, we got videomessages that terrorists will attack our country on several places and many deaths. They are saying it would be like NY, Madrid and London. Very scary, but what to do. Just go on with your life and hoping for the best...
    Now hoping for the best for the people in India, no one deserves this.

2. Xcuze

Gold Member

Pieter I doubt that Belgium is top of the terrorist hit list so I dont think u should worry. Anyway u have Jean Claude van damme to protect u!

But seriously, I can hardly watch news like that. Its too depressing & upsetting. Invading Iraq has without question increased world terrorism & it astonishes me that any idiot ever thought it would do otherwise. People are far more paranoid & fearful about it now than before. Victory to terrorists. Fear is their greatest weapon.

3. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Ironically, my first trip overseas when I was a kid was to Belgium. It was 4 November 1979, and the day we arrived was the day the US embassy was taken over in Iran. My dad had business at the embassy in Brussels when we got there, and everyone was on heightened alert. Just as you feel now, nobody then knew if other incidents would occur...even in Brussels (home of NATO, etc).

In the end, of course, nothing happened. I can understand why everyone is on edge. These things happen - and have always happened. Increasingly, calmer attitudes prevail.

I will say, as a US citizen, that I do have a bit of a target on my forehead for those who want to make a point about US policies. Maybe you can feel a bit of comfort in knowing that anti Belgian slogans and rallies are sorta rare.

Great chocolate though. :rolleyes:

4. Deno

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think muslims better think a bit more about dragging 2 countries with 1.3 billion people into the stupid shit. Both of which are nuclear able and willing. China and India both will just start executing any muslims in there country.

5. D_Jared Padalicki

6. powerbook06

powerbook06 Member

Could you provide details?

7. nay-nay

nay-nay New Member

one of my best friends was there in Mumbai when it happened. and he was supposed to have been where it happened at the cafe, but him and the people he's traveling with overslept. and what's crazy is that he said there was a car bomb at the airport (he had just landed 3 hours before that happened). :eek:

i'm still in shock because....he could've been there! and who knows if he'd even be alive.

8. D_Jared Padalicki

At the beginning of this week we got a videoape at our local broadcasts that when we don't get our soldiers out of Afghanistan, they will bring disaster and chaos like in NY, London and Madrid. They are now checking if we should take that serious.

9. powerbook06

powerbook06 Member

Hm... I see. I remember some years ago we had a terrorism alert in Brussels and even the trash cans in places like metro, commercial centers etc. were sealed. I had no time lately to follow the news, so what do you believe personally on this?

10. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    They must of brought this on. Something insensitive must of angered these __________ to do such a thing. I think if India negotiated and been diplomatic, this never would of happened. :chairshot:

Draft saved Draft deleted