Indiana Jones Movie

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
eek Jason....for future reference.....when you start a thread like this about a movie or what ever....can you put in the title in big letters SPOILER! lol......and from what I've read so far (thankfully nothing about the plot or ending) my fears have been proven valid.....the movie has way too much CGI. Had a discussion about that yesterday with someone. That is what made movies around that time (eg star wars, the original Indy's, etc) so great....the fact that it was all stunt work. Now everything is all CGI, and in my opinion, it ruins the quality of a movie. Hugs!

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Possible spoiler alert...

What didn't you understand? Knowledge being treasure? We increasingly see the value of knowledge--it's the currency of the future.

Did you expect the 'flying' saucer to take off into space? I liked the fact that it travelled to quantum space rather than outer space. That's much more realistic.

How about the hint that Shila Labeouf will be the next Indy? I don't see anything wrong with that. I'd love it, in fact. Harrison is just getting too old, and Shila did a great job.

I don't think that I can say much more about ending without spoiling the movie.

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
POSSIBLE SPOILER:

It's change...it's continuing (once again) a great franchise with one of cinema's most beloved movie heroes, without the beloved hero. It's greed. Star Wars was great, one of the best series of movies ever. It was intended all along to be six movies, but it was great with just the last three parts. The first three were an epic flop. They were supposed to predate the others, but came out looking like they were set in an even more distant future because of all the glitzy CGI crap. It just ruins the integrity of those types of movies.

Indy 4 would have immediately been better if they would have made it closer to how they made the old ones, no CGI. I don't think they should continue on with Shia, not if they're gonna use more and more CGI with each film to do over the top stunts that would kill a normal man.

One of my fave Speilberg movies as of late is Minority Report. It's CGI galore, but it works with the movie being set in a futuristic period, and it's fresh. It's not a continuation from another film. It works well.

It's hard getting old, it's hard seeing your favorite movie characters age. I say let it end with Harrison. Don't turn it into another James Bond series, that's what James Bond is for.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
POSSIBLE SPOILER:

It's change...it's continuing (once again) a great franchise with one of cinema's most beloved movie heroes, without the beloved hero. It's greed. Star Wars was great, one of the best series of movies ever. It was intended all along to be six movies, but it was great with just the last three parts. The first three were an epic flop. They were supposed to predate the others, but came out looking like they were set in an even more distant future because of all the glitzy CGI crap. It just ruins the integrity of those types of movies.

Indy 4 would have immediately been better if they would have made it closer to how they made the old ones, no CGI. I don't think they should continue on with Shia, not if they're gonna use more and more CGI with each film to do over the top stunts that would kill a normal man.

One of my fave Speilberg movies as of late is Minority Report. It's CGI galore, but it works with the movie being set in a futuristic period, and it's fresh. It's not a continuation from another film. It works well.

It's hard getting old, it's hard seeing your favorite movie characters age. I say let it end with Harrison. Don't turn it into another James Bond series, that's what James Bond is for.

I agree...I liked the film and the ending (though biiiig) wasn't any bigger or less confusing than the biiiig ending in the first one. As for CGI, I thought it fit in fine. Your partial explanation (knowledge = treasure) summed it up pretty well...and I too loved the ship going 'between' rather than 'into' space.

But movies are enjoyed or hated in equal parts by lots of folks. I'm sometimes the wrong guy to ask advice about films. I actually love watching Howard the Duck and it's considered one of the worst films of all time!! LOL. However, let me get the word out: 'Hellboy 2'...will be fucking KILLER, folks. Watch for del Toro's effort in The Hobbit films coming up and his HP Lovecraft effort, 'Mountains of Madness'...:biggrin1:

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
I agree...I liked the film and the ending (though biiiig) wasn't any bigger or less confusing than the biiiig ending in the first one. As for CGI, I thought it fit in fine. Your partial explanation (knowledge = treasure) summed it up pretty well...and I too loved the ship going 'between' rather than 'into' space.

But movies are enjoyed or hated in equal parts by lots of folks. I'm sometimes the wrong guy to ask advice about films. I actually love watching Howard the Duck and it's considered one of the worst films of all time!! LOL. However, let me get the word out: 'Hellboy 2'...will be fucking KILLER, folks. Watch for del Toro's effort in The Hobbit films coming up and his HP Lovecraft effort, 'Mountains of Madness'...:biggrin1:

Let me go on record that I will support any and all CGI used in a Hellboy film.:biggrin1: But hell be damned if they try to make any Hellboy without Ron Perlman!

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
ok guys... the ending was actually based upon speculations of where these skulls came from. THEY ACTUALLY EXIST. I watched a show on Discovery channel about them and there are actually people that believe thats one theory where these came from. Like the line in the movie... which said something like... even with today's technology we cannot cut a crystal skull to this degree and perfection. It's true.. we cant. So it's kind of ..the who..where..and how questions that boggle scientists. SO .. He wasn't just reaching when he ended the movie this way..

What's interesting from the show on Discovery was...people actually will gather to get their turn to stare into the eyes of these things. People actually say it heals whatever is wrong with them at the time.

Also, It's Hollywood...and being that the Indy franchise is part history, action and fantasy...people will love it. :)

and yes...Shiah was great in the movie.. Also, he kinda looked like a young Marlon Brando when he rode up on the motorcycle when they first show him. :)

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Let me go on record that I will support any and all CGI used in a Hellboy film.:biggrin1: But hell be damned if they try to make any Hellboy without Ron Perlman!

I know. He IS Hellboy. I know he's not the prettiest thing, but damn that gravely voice and swagger...gotta have a big ol' swinging dick. He could have me ANY way he wants, in or out of makeup!

And if they try to create a son-of-HB movie, I'd better be contacted first!

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
This Indiana Jones movie was just a waste of time. The movie was clearly made so that Lucas, Speilberg and Ford could mint some more money. They knew it would do well at the box office, so there was no need to worry about having a good story.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
and yes...Shiah was great in the movie.. Also, he kinda looked like a young Marlon Brando when he rode up on the motorcycle when they first show him. :)

I noticed that too. That was contrived, but I don't care. I thought that it looked cool. I gotta say, though, that Labeouf is no Brando.

This Indiana Jones movie was just a waste of time. The movie was clearly made so that Lucas, Speilberg and Ford could mint some more money. They knew it would do well at the box office, so there was no need to worry about having a good story.
I loved it. I'm not even an Indiana Jones fan, but this movie delivered. It was fast-paced withouth too much action. It had the traditions: the bull whip, the theme music, the supernatural, the swashbuckling, the bad guys with the thick accent. Especially noteworthy was the cinematography.

Hellboy0 should at least get a cameo.

Were there aliens in Munich too?! I never saw it.:tongue:
I'm sure there will be some geek analyzing each frame, munching on pizza and pissing in a Coke can.

Do you think that they could have done that scene with the thousands of bugs crawling around them without CGI? Lucas never said that there would be no CGI. He said that there would be no unnecessary effects, "no F-14's crashing into highways," I think he said.