Indiana Jones Movie

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ok guys... the ending was actually based upon speculations of where these skulls came from. THEY ACTUALLY EXIST. I watched a show on Discovery channel about them and there are actually people that believe thats one theory where these came from. Like the line in the movie... which said something like... even with today's technology we cannot cut a crystal skull to this degree and perfection. It's true.. we cant. So it's kind of ..the who..where..and how questions that boggle scientists. SO .. He wasn't just reaching when he ended the movie this way..

What's interesting from the show on Discovery was...people actually will gather to get their turn to stare into the eyes of these things. People actually say it heals whatever is wrong with them at the time.

Also, It's Hollywood...and being that the Indy franchise is part history, action and fantasy...people will love it. :)

and yes...Shiah was great in the movie.. Also, he kinda looked like a young Marlon Brando when he rode up on the motorcycle when they first show him. :)

Way cool post man, the opening shot of Shia on the motorcycle was a deliberate attempt to evoke Brando's presence in the film The Wild One.

I wholeheartedly welcome Shia as the next Indiana Jones, he was EXCELLENT in the movie, I was REALLY impressed.

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
I noticed that too. That was contrived, but I don't care. I thought that it looked cool. I gotta say, though, that Labeouf is no Brando.

I loved it. I'm not even an Indiana Jones fan, but this movie delivered. It was fast-paced withouth too much action. It had the traditions: the bull whip, the theme music, the supernatural, the swashbuckling, the bad guys with the thick accent. Especially noteworthy was the cinematography.

Hellboy0 should at least get a cameo.

I'm sure there will be some geek analyzing each frame, munching on pizza and pissing in a Coke can.

Do you think that they could have done that scene with the thousands of bugs crawling around them without CGI? Lucas never said that there would be no CGI. He said that there would be no unnecessary effects, "no F-14's crashing into highways," I think he said.

If it was the old days, they would have used real bugs. I'm talking about the monkeys and the swinging vines scene, the gophers in the beginning, etc.. It made it seem like Caddyshack!

There were scenes that were great, and some scenes that were just too over the top. The waterfalls for example, it was too comical almost.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
MINORITY REPORT? is a good movie? Forgive me, but Colin Farrell shows up at points in the movies and his eyebrows out act Tom Cruise. And them women in the water...how do they feed? Do they ever go to the bathroom? And the eyeball operation---really stupid. And eyes deteriorate far faster than most other organs, so they wouldn't be good optic door opener within minutes, much less for them bouncing around in a plastic bag...

...stupid movie, I think....

bguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ok.What was that ending?Someone,Anyone.Explain that ending to me.Great movie up till the ending.
SPOILER ALERT!

The real ending of the movie is that Indiana Jones gets married to Marion. And I liked that. "How much of life is wasted by waiting?"

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The new Indy movie was fun, but comparing it to the previous films it was more "Temple of Doom" quality. Hell they had 19 years to make it really special, but I guess my high expectations was my own undoing.

I like Shia, but he will never, never be the next Indiana Jones. Not to me at least.

D_Bozhidar_Boogerpicquer

Experimental Member
Media
*Spoilers

Everyone should fuck off and stop complaining about the aliens, especially how they're not "realistic"... Seriously, it's Indiana Jones. Raiders of the Lost Ark has the Ark's magical powers kill some Germans; The Last Crusade had a living crusader in a cave. What about ripping a still-beating heart out in The Temple of Doom? The movies were never based in realism, just set in actual historical context.

bobabooey69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The supernatural aspects of the film were fine, and I liked them.
But the action set pieces in it lacked the suspension of disbelief and vermisilitude of the original trilogy.

**Spoiler alert**

When Shia started to swing off vines like Tarzan, dealing with silly CGI ants and falling off a cliff while conveniently being caught by a tree was cartoony and over the top. Stuff like this I expect in one of those awful "Mummy" movies...not Indy. Oh, and don't even get me started over the "fridge" gag.

But again, that is just my opinion.

**End Spoilers**

Last edited:

Hand_Solo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought the movie was loads of fun. There were things I didn't like about it, and at times it seemed to lack a little oomph, but overall I thought it delivered what I expect from an Indiana Jones movie--gun fights, car chases, ancient ruins, nefarious foes, etc. I loved the original Raiders of the Lost Ark, thought the second movie was pretty decent, and had pretty much lost interest by the third one. The fourth movie is probably on a par with Temple of Doom for me.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
This Indiana Jones movie was just a waste of time. The movie was clearly made so that Lucas, Speilberg and Ford could mint some more money. They knew it would do well at the box office, so there was no need to worry about having a good story.

Is it better than THE PHANTOM MENACE? What a waste of time that was...

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I liked the movie, but for some reason I just didn't like Shia portraying a greaser. It just didn't work for me.

Over all I gave the movie a c+ my boyfriend gave it a B-.

D_Jurgen Klitgaard

Account Disabled
Media
I liked the movie, but for some reason I just didn't like Shia portraying a greaser. It just didn't work for me.

Over all I gave the movie a c+ my boyfriend gave it a B-.

I actually did like his performance as a greaser. It brought some funny moments. I did like the diner fight scene and the motorcycle chase.

I liked him and Harrison together, I thought they played off each other well. But I don't think I care to see Shia as the next Indy.

B_JasonDawgxxx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT, IM GONNA TALK ABOUT THE ENDING.

Ok all the glass aliens turned into one than blew up cate,and the others were sucked into space? what the f*ck? Did George Lucas have some kind of bad acid flash back when he wrote that part?

lamplight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yeah, George Lucas' career after the phantom menace is just one big CGI wank-a-thon spunkfest.

He hates working with people, and it seems like he pushed Steven (who already has shown his obsession with UFOs through films and tv-series) into doing a lot of really cheezy looking animation.

I mean, the aliens looked like they were made of cheap halloween plastic.

The treasure of Eldorado was alien wisdom? Cmon!! Give me a Frackin' break...

That being said, Harrison Ford did a great job, as he usually does. There's just something "everyman" about him that appeals to me.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
SPOILER ALERT, SPOILER ALERT, IM GONNA TALK ABOUT THE ENDING.

Ok all the glass aliens turned into one than blew up cate,and the others were sucked into space? what the f*ck? Did George Lucas have some kind of bad acid flash back when he wrote that part?

Dude...remember Cate's character said earlier in movie about the aliens being a 'hive' mind...anyway, ya had to REALLY pay attention at that point. But it wasn't War & Peace, folks. I liked it.

Again, wait for Hellboy 2, The Golden Army. Anything del Toro does is fucking gold. Leaves Spielberg, etc in the dust these days.

Media
Dude...remember Cate's character said earlier in movie about the aliens being a 'hive' mind...anyway, ya had to REALLY pay attention at that point. But it wasn't War & Peace, folks. I liked it.

Again, wait for Hellboy 2, The Golden Army. Anything del Toro does is fucking gold. Leaves Spielberg, etc in the dust these days.

I can't wait to see Hellboy 2!