Indicate BEFORE you brake, Fuckwits!!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by ManlyBanisters, Nov 19, 2007.

1. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Seriously! Are people terminally fucking dim or what?

Good job I don't tailgate is all.

Oh, and while I'm at it - what is with swerving dramatically to the left just before taking a right? Turn the fucking wheel harder or better still get someone else to drive you, you gormless cunt...

/rant off

Thank you, please drive through! :rolleyes:

2. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    Better yet, wait to drive through until the vehicle in front is out of the way. I was rear-ended by a sports car while driving a GMC Jimmy through a drive through. He can't fucking say he didn't see me.

And, yes, people are terminally fucking dim.

3. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

I can't believe no one has picked me up on my dumbass typo yet!

Ho-hum, that's rage posting for you...

4. dickman45885

dickman45885 New Member

Albums:
    Driving rants....Idiots who think they have to talk on the cell phone while driving....I swear they are more dangerous then drunks.....they pay no attention to what is going on around them and expect all to stop or look out for them. I think talking on a cell should be a primary offense, one the cops can stop you for and give you a heft ticket...and on the same line....blue tooth earphones.....are you a freaking doctor...if not get off the phone....the shit in your life in not worth my life...

5. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Talking on the phone (without a 'handsfree') is an offence across most of Europe - fines, points off your licence (towards a ban), and so on.

I thought that was the case in most, if not all, of the States too, no?

6. DaveyR

DaveyR Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Do you or have you ever suffered from roadrage?

7. Drifterwood

Gold Member

8. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Um.... no? *shifty eyes*

Fuckin' right! :mad::biggrin1:

Nope - parts of Ireland and France people also seem to have a firm belief that they wear out if you use them too much... :rolleyes:

9. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

Power steering, whether you have it or not, makes people underestimate the force they need to put a car around a corner, especially at higher speeds. Also, just because a car is motorized and you don't need to push it with your own physical power, car buyers should generally see that they don't buy a car which is literally too big for them. I sometimes see teenage girls (and boys) and women who look like they seriously can't summon the strength to keep their car in the track in a turn at too-high speeds.

10. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Come on, doll. Take a break from your rage at inappropriate brakers.

Perhaps they just need to learn to better judge the speed at which they can safely make any given turn...

MB, I've seen the idiots who cannot resist the urge to make extra-wide turns. Really, unless you are driving a tractor-trailer rig, there's no need for the wide right turns.

Claire, you used to live in my area, you know how absolutely stupid the majority of drivers are on I-66, I-95, and The Beltway.

11. ClaireTalon

Gold Member

12. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    While we're at it,

The middle lane is a PASSING LANE not a travel lane.Keep right [ U.S.A.]
    except to pass.

13. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    :biggrin1:

I did...I read the title last night and skipped over it, thinking you were ranting at people for not indicating they were taking a sabbatical from the site beforehand. Sure, "fuckwit" seemed a bit excessive...but, to each her own.

It was only now that I've peeked through your veil of syntactic misdirection and discovered a topic very near and dear to my raging heart, more's the pity!

I could go on and on about the things idiot drivers do that annoy the ever-loving piss out of me on a daily basis. They all boil down to one general theme, though: FUCKING PAY ATTENTION TO THE WORLD AROUND YOU, MORON. YOURS IS NOT THE ONLY VEHICLE ON THE ROAD!

14. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

My gripe is cellphone-using drivers. I wish I had a button on my steering wheel that would make the damn things emit an ear piercing blast.

Gallagher had an excellent idea. Give everybody darts with little flags on them that say 'S T U P I D D R I V E R' and let us shoot them onto the back end of cars that tick us off. When 5-or-so are accumulated on the back of a car a cop can then stop them and give them a ticket.

15. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

In most cases, yes... if it's only two-lane.

On 3- or more-lane freeways in metropolitan areas, I usually consider the right lane as "access" (for entering or exiting the freeway), to the left of that, the "travel lane," if you aren't exiting any time soon, and to the left of that, passing lane or through-traffic lane.

16. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Well HA! Because some knight in shining armour* has fixed my dumbass mistake and now there's egg on your face - nyuh, nyuh, nyuuuh! :wink:

* Should I be batting my eyelids at you, Pecker? Well, regardless, I think I will anyway. :flirt:

Well - actually around here it often is - I think that is where they get the bad habits - but, nah, they are just as many (proportionately I mean) townies who do this too, so yeah...

17. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

A damned good idea! :biggrin1:

Yeah, but unless everybody treats it that way that doesn't work... and unfortunately...

18. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Meh...wouldn't be the first time my face looked like a glazed donut because of a woman. :wink:

19. Mr Ed in Mass

Gold Member

Massachusetts,The most corrupt of the 57 states.
    I drive an 18 wheeler for a living.On major highways,if exits are miles apart,the right lane IS the travel lane.Trucks are not allowed in the 3rd lane[extreme left lane] in New England.
    People have a habit of driving slower in the middle lane which makes it very difficult and dangerous for other people to get around them.It's like having a slow lane between two high speed lanes!

20. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is true on the Interstates in metropolitan areas down here as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted