Infant circumcision

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by B_shark888, Dec 8, 2010.

1. B_shark888

B_shark888 New Member

How common is it in your country? Don't turn this into fight... I'm just wondering how common is it where you guys come from?

2. eurotop40

Gold Member

Totally uncommon.

3. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

In the USA, it use to be very common but I understand it's dropped dramatically, although I tend to think the reason is the influx of immigrants and insurance companies not covering the procedure. In the Czech Republic; nonexistent.

4. B_shark888

B_shark888 New Member

In Slovenia it is unexistent too. Most guys don't know much what it is. I haven't had a chance to see cut dick in real life yet. Although in those days you could see teenage girls chatting on forums how Americans do it and how they would like to do it to a baby too but they don't really know much about cutting!

It is also not covered by insurance and probably done only by private clinics.

5. Christiaan

Christiaan New Member

Not done in Ireland

6. mandoman

Gold Member

It's down to about 32.5% in the US, which can't be accounted for by immigrants, and the few states which have dropped Medicaid coverage recently. I believe people simply think about things more, and don't think that unnecessary surgery at birth is a good idea, at least that is what I am hearing, in here, and in many other online forums, health and parenting related.
    I think that rather than taking the party line from the CDC, AMA, or AAP, they are imagining what actually happens, and declining.

7. B_jeepguy2

B_jeepguy2 New Member

Just about all guys born in the 1970s and 80s are cut. I honestly had never seen an uncut penis until I hooked up with a French guy when I was a 25 year old gradstudent.

8. D_Cock_Hudson

D_Cock_Hudson New Member

In the UK it tends to be only for religious reasons, so fairly common in Cheetham Hill in Manchester with its large Jewish community for example, rarer in other places.

9. SirConcis

Gold Member

Albums:
    In english canada, it was very common, almost as high as in the USA. In Qu├ębec and Newfoundland, the trend didn't catch on to the same extent. In Quebec, I think it was about 60% circumcision rate in the heydays (50s and 60s). In late 1970s and early 1980s, the rate dropped shrply to something like 5%. So in locker rooms, there is a clear demarcation between older and younger adults now. About 10 years ago, it was even easier: if a guy didn't have chest hair, he was uncut. Now, there are 30something adults who were born post-circumcision and have chest hair.

In english canada, the circ cates dropped too, but at difefernt times depending on province. I think Ontario may have been the last one to stop paying for it, but am not sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted