infatuation with new girl

bigdude

Experimental Member
Media
just started seeing this new girl...

we hit it off well, get along well, and i feel like i've needed a girl in my life although im not yet quite sure what for...something casual (sex and whatnot) or a more serious relationship. I know i want a relationship actually, but i'm in college (shes a junior, im a sophomore) so who knows how that would go

anyway, we've just started seeing each other, like today, and things are good so far. Only thing is...i think i'm already infatuated with her. This is somebody i don't know all too well yet, at all, yet i'm all giddy on the inside when i think about her, which is pretty constantly...especially at night, wanting to cuddle, you know how it is i think. This stage in a relationship, or getting to know somebody, is just almost too exciting to handle for me, and i'm kinda wondering is this normal? of course i wanna see her again asap, but at the same time i think to myself "na dont display ur vulnerability to her yet...act busy/keep her guessing a bit, then hang out with her this weekend"

another thing this has brought up in my mind is the love/infatuation debate. Is love nothing more than a deep infatuation or is there more to it than that? This also makes me question past relationships, forcing me to wonder if i was really in love or if it was the same old infatuation thing. Whi knows...all i know is that i love this feeling cuz it's exciting, but hate it at the same time, cuz it makes me antsy and anxious.

I think wonderboy posted a thread about how he falls for girls real quick sometimes too...i hear ya bro lol. Sometimes i don't think girls understand how emotional guys truely are

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can recall hating this time in relationships too. I always ended up feeling all cracked out and nervous.

I'd say be honest and real with her. If it's going to work out, she probably feels the same way. If you don't think about it all too much and let things happen, you'll be better off. If you scare her off by being honest, it wasn't going to work out anyway. Better to get rejected quickly than draw it out if it's not going to work.

Snooz