Infidelity victims - doing something wrong?

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
I'm not the type of guy that seeks as many women as possible but some of the women I've been with bring evil thoughts to mind about finding someone else. In my case I was unimpressed by their selfishness or they were too sexually limited.

What kind of person is likely to be cheated on?

Can someone do the right things to "cure" a serial cheat?

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You can't cure a serial cheater or even an infrequent one any more than you can cure addiction or bigot. This is an issue of character, you can't force someone to mature, grow up, and develop morals.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not the type of guy that seeks as many women as possible but some of the women I've been with bring evil thoughts to mind about finding someone else. In my case I was unimpressed by their selfishness or they were too sexually limited.

What kind of person is likely to be cheated on?

Can someone do the right things to "cure" a serial cheat?
But if you don't like them, you don't have to cheat. You can just break up and then find someone else.

Maybe the people that are likely to get cheated on are the ones that can't see reality. They think the relationship is perfectly fine. I suppose if someone gave someone everything they wanted then they wouldn't seek out anyone else, but some people are never satisfied.

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
no, you can't prevent it or 'cure' as you say. This is not about something being wrong with the cheated person, but with the cheater himself.
If the person doesnt respect you enough to cheat on you then, he/she will
never do. He/she doesn't deserve you and you should'nt wait for a change.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There are some things people do to put themselves at risk for cheating (not that it's justified). If you ignore your partners physical and emotional needs, they may be more pressed to seek satisfaction elsewhere.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't think that people who get cheated on are necessarily doing anything wrong...sometimes people seek things that their mates are incapable of providing, no matter how invested they are into the relationship...

I also don't agree with the idea that if they were "doing the right thing" they wouldn't get cheated on...

I think there are just some people who want what they want & nothing else matters to them.

I have never understood how a person could cheat on someone they claim to love, but that's just how I feel.

If you find yourself wanting someone else, why not just free yourself and then go after them?

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
But if you don't like them, you don't have to cheat. You can just break up and then find someone else.

Maybe the people that are likely to get cheated on are the ones that can't see reality. They think the relationship is perfectly fine. I suppose if someone gave someone everything they wanted then they wouldn't seek out anyone else, but some people are never satisfied.

But still, this does not justify such behaviour and besides, this is not about satisfying one person only! a relationship involves two people and both need to feel comfortable. nobody should feel forced to do something to please somebody if they're not completely sure and let alone feel threatened to lose that person or being cheated on!