info on hypospadius

Chadman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hey, I'm a new member here and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about hypospadius. I was born with this condition, where the opening of the urethra is not at the end of the penis where it should be, but further back on the bottom side of the shaft. I had a surgery done when I was 11 (the doctor recommended waiting until that age), but the doctor removed the cathader too soon and the skin broke causing a whole about an inch and a half from the tip of the head. I mentioned it to my mom, but she said it would be ok and didn't do anything about it. I didn't know how much I would want to have this corrected later on. I have no sensitivity at the head of my penis and have been told that this will not return until surgically corrected. I recently saw a doctor about this and he was worried about what could be done since I was circumcised and the skin is usually used for the repair. Does anyone know if it is possible to use skin from somewhere else on my body for the repair? I really want to have this done so badly. This is the only reason I am embarrassed about my penis. I'm don't have a huge penis, but I'm not small (6 by 6). I want to have this corrected not just to return the normal sensitivity but also for aesthetic reasons. If anyone has any info on this, please pass it on.

Media
I wish you luck, Chadman. I wish I knew more about this to help you. The best I can do is hope that you can find a successful solution to your condition. Hopefully, someone here can help. Welcome to LPSG! Sam

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Chadman, I hope that you will find all the answers that you need, and should you go for surgery that it all works out fine...
Welcome to the site where I am certain that, if anything you will find a lot of support!

Chadman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Thanks for your support. I really would like more info on this, though. If anyone out there knows anything about this, please pass on some information. I have talked with several friends of mine who are doctors (although, not urologists), and they have assured me that most likely there is a way to repair this using skin from somewhere else on my body. I'm just hoping I can have this done sometime soon. It is also great to be able to discuss this with supporting people.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ultimately, every case is unique. Since there are a huge number of nerve endings in the head of the penis, the skin will have to come from an area of the body with a corresponding number of nerve endings, to get the same sensitivity. I can think of a few areas, but I am not a doctor, so I won;t focus on any specifics--but if they can use a skin stretcher in an area with enough nerve endings, they can "grow" enough extra skin to graft. Any surgery on the penis is tricky---and every case is individual. DO some research on some of the medical information sites that are available to you, such as medscape. I would say given your condition and the microsurgery techniques available today, you have a reasonable chance of regaining partial or full sensitivity. Good luck!

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
If you have google bar go there and type in the word. It should give you countless websites. Look for the websites from reputable places like Medical Centers etc. Watch out for the snake doctors. They have a product to sell. Consider that. Many of those sites are worthless.

If you don't have google bar. Then type in google in the search bar and it should come up. If you need advice in deciding which sources to trust come back and be sure to give the web addresses, not just "The USA Medical College Group"

This is what I have done with my medical problems and have found it to give the best information.

Remember that there may be more than one valid view point by reputable doctors. In that case, be sure that both viewpoints are reputable and go with your instincts.

Again If you need more help come back here to the public forum or pm me and together we will see what you need to do.

Good luck

Freddie

Chadman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Thanks for the help. I have been researching this extensively, getting as much information as I can. Most of the information I have gotten is from websites of good medical schools. Again, the head of my penis is completely fine, I just need skin to repair the shaft from the current opening to the tip, where it should be. After I had surgery when I was eleven, I noticed that it felt very good to touch down there. This went away as soon as the skin broke further down. I think that once the connection is restored, the sensitivity will return. Some of the tissue used from the previous surgery is also a little scared, so I am hoping that having surgery can also fix that. Thanks for your info and good wishes.

staggr

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hi, Chadman, I too have hypospadius. Mine, apparently like yours, is what is called First Degree, meaning the pee hole is at the base of the head. I neve had mine corrected and have lived a perfectly normal life. When my Mother took me to the doctor, around age 7, he gave us the option of getting it fixed or leaving it as is. I have heard many bad stories of guys who tried to get it fixed with out success. There are many websites on the subject. Just do your research and go to a reputable doctor. Good luck.

fowfer

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
Chadman, in response to your PM, yes I have first degree hypospadius. My hole is on the bottom and just below the glans. I have not had anything done to mine. Did not know I had such a thing until started investigating foreskin restoration(had my partial foreskin removed at age 48). Discovered I was supposed to have a frenelum(Don't). Was told when growing up that peehole was closed at birth and doc had to lance. Had brothers and friends but never noticed a major difference I guess because they were all uncut and because the lancing stories had explained at least part of the difference. Never could write my name in the snow. Never could hit a commode too well without kneeling - finally started sitting(with a 7" flacid I somtimes get a free and unwanted wash job)

Like I stated above and at age 60, I was investigating foreskin restoration(glans sensitivity) and had just started PE exercises when discovered I was supposed to have a frenelum(even more sensitive). I'm a little reluctant to beleive it's possible to regain the sensitivity thru surgery. Tried desperately to get daughter not to have grandson circed but lost to son-in-law(wanted his boy to look like his daddy.)

Anyway, whatever you decide, good luck.

Attachments

Chadman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Thanks for the pictures. My case is a little more severe, so that's why I really want it corrected. I have been reading about the different surgical procedures to correct it and the best one for my age would involve using buccal mucosa (skin from the inside of my mouth) for the repair. This surgery has a great success rate. The skin heals very quickly, is sensitive, and usually doesn't scar. I am meeting with a really good doctor at The University of Iowa Hospital in a few weeks to see what can be done. Of course, I will be very careful and only go through with surgery if I feel completely confident that I will be happy with the results. Thanks for the support. I will keep you all posted on what happens.

Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Chadman, make sure that before you have your surgery you are at your very best health. Work out in advance, eat healthy and be in top health. It will help the healing a whole bunch. Good Luck dude!

Chadman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Thanks, I always am in good health. I work out three times a week, play tennis, and swim. I also eat a very healthy diet. I'm currently 6' tall and 175 lbs. I will, of course, make sure to get plenty of rest before and after surgery to help myself heal well.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My husband was born with hypospadias where the urethral opening is all the way at the base of the penis or on the shaft. He had numerous surgeries as a child to fix it to some extent, but because it was severe, the opening is still on the upper portion of the shaft. The only problems he has are cosmetic. Oh, and he has to be careful when he urinates standing up.

I completely understand wanting to correct your penis for cosmetic reasons. My husband looked into for a long time before deciding that none of the surgical options would work well for him. I know he'd like to have a more normal-looking penis, but I know he's pretty much accepted himself the way he is. We have a perfectly normal sex life and were able to have a child with no medical intervention.

Though the skin you may be grafting on is sensitive, any scar tissue that develops will not be as sensitive as what it was before the surgery. If what you say about the doctors is correct, there is a chance that you can have more sensitivity, but for the most part, any surgical procedure results in decreased sensitivity where the surgery was performed. I'm not a surgeon, but this has been my experience personally. Surgeons like to sell their procedures the same way any other businessperson does. I would want to speak to others that he's operated on. I know my orthopedist told me that my knee he reconstructed would be perfectly normal and my scar would go away. 15 years later, I still have trouble with my knees, my scar is stil there, and I have little sensitivity where that surgery was performed and in the area around it. My more recent c-section scar is the same. I just can't see how you would get more sensitivity with further surgery. It sounds like a long shot.

I suspect something similar with the cosmetic aspect. From what my husband has had done, the reconstructed skin does not look like regular smooth penis skin. There's a good deal of scar tissue and you can tell where the grafts were done. In his case, surgery was necessary because of the severity. However, further surgery would cause even more problems that I don't know would solve much except maybe put the hold further up-- but it still wouldn't look normal. And it wouldn't work any better, and could work worse.

If my son had been born with mild to moderate hypospadias, I would probably not choose to correct it based on my husband's experience. I think as long as the penis is functional, it's probably a good idea to just leave it alone.

Finally, you have absolutely no reason to be embarrassed about your penis. None. It's nothing that you did to yourself and any man or woman that can't accept you the way you are isn't worth it. I know how hard it is to accept that, but you truly have nothing to be embarrassed about.

Take care and good luck. If you do choose to have the surgery, good luck and please let us know how it goes.

louiebill

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Hi
I too have hypospadias, I had some kind of surgury when I was a kid but I dont know what it was. My opening is about 2 inches from the head on the under side. My penis looks kind of like others. Its thick and has a place in the head where the hole should be, but there is no hole there. I dont think anyone is going to care where you pee or cum from. None of my partners cared they actually thought it was hot to see me ejaculate from there. I think snoozan is right , you may do more damage than good trying to fix it, It may screw it up totaly. So be careful. In any event dont be shy about it or feel bad there is no need to. Good luck what ever you deside to do. welcome to this site and have fun.
Louis

Chadman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Thanks again for all your information. I certainly am going to make sure I am completely comfortable with whatever I decided to do. If I decided to have surgery, it will only be if I feel totally trusting of the doctor and the procedure that will be done. I don't think anything will need to be done to my head, only from the base of the head to about two inches below it. I already don't have sensitivity there, so what could I lose? The shaft from the opening down feels good, but nothing will be done there so I think I should be fine. I really will just have to wait to see what the doctor recommends before deciding whether I want to go through with anything. I will let you all know what I decided.

Chadman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hi everyone, just a quick update here. I met with a doctor several days ago and I will be having surgery soon. The doctor said most likely two surgeries will be needed, the second one six months after the first. I will have the first surgery in two weeks so that puts the second one around December/January. I actually met with two urologists, the first one telling me that everything should return to normal, and the second one, the one who will do the surgeries, telling me that he can not completely guarantee that I will regain all the sensitivity in the head. He did say that I can expect a normal appearance and function, though, and the return of normal sensitivity depends on how fast and well my body will heal. I am a very healthy person and am in great shape so I'm hoping for the best. Thanks for all your information and good wishes. I will let you know how everything goes.