info on hypospadius

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Huh. According to that article, consuming folic acid reduces the chances of your baby developing hypospadias.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah, there are plenty of theories about why the deformation happens.

One group of theories is all about the estrogen mimickers in the air and water (coming from a variety of pollutants). Apparently, if a pregnant woman is exposed to these in sufficient concentration while her male fetus's genitalia are in the process of forming, one result can be hypospadias. This group of theories is gaining ground due to the increasing incidence of hypospadias in newborn boys.

Another group of theories is all about genetics. From this perspective, malformations of any structure of the body can be a result of genetic mutation. Alternately, the predisposition toward any body formation or malformation can be a recessive trait passed down through several generations before a boy is actually born with the trait.

I'm not sure why mine is structured the way it is. I've just learned to accept it as my penis and love it for what it can do. :biggrin1:

NCbear (who waves it around my head like a slingshot when going into battle :rolleyes::tongue:)

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One group of theories is all about the estrogen mimickers in the air and water (coming from a variety of pollutants). Apparently, if a pregnant woman is exposed to these in sufficient concentration while her male fetus's genitalia are in the process of forming, one result can be hypospadias. This group of theories is gaining ground due to the increasing incidence of hypospadias in newborn boys.

I've definitely heard that theory before. I thought there was some pretty solid science behind it (even though with these things you basically have to reply on correlations, which are imperfect). It's kind of scary how all these horrific chemicals are permeating our bodies, even right from the start.

strokin_25

Just Browsing
Media
Anyone think that hypospadius can cause bi-sexuality or at least curiousity of dicks because of the difference? Not sure if there are any scientific studies done on this. Anyone with hypospadius think they're more likely to experiment with a guy... or have already?