Informal Democrat Poll

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_boynextdoorkpt, May 9, 2008.

1. B_boynextdoorkpt

B_boynextdoorkpt New Member

This is an informal pole, of democrats on the site, if Hillary does not win the nomination, will you vote for:
    McCain:

Obama:
    No vote at all:

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Obama. If you really are a democrat there should be no question. You want a Democrat in the Whitehouse. The next President will appoint Supreme court justices that will be able to affect all of our lives. We don't ned any more Scalias. There are young men and women dying in a senseless "war" in Iraq. Only a Democrat will work to bring them home. John mccain is likely to escalate our posture with Iran which can lead to another artmed conflict. Democrats don't vote for mcCain. And if your favorite Democratic candidate doesn't get the nomination and you don't vote, you might as well be voting for McCain.(And in case you haven't seen the news lately, obama has for all intents and purposes secured the nomination)

3. B_boynextdoorkpt

I will never vote for Obama, I will just not vote in the presidential election if Hillary does not get the nomination.

4. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

as a neutral observer, may I ask why? (just curious)

5. javyn

javyn New Member

Albums:
    Ron Paul is the only candidate not completely full of shit. He's only a little full of shit, but still.

I wonder, do you people really think if Obama wins we are pulling out of Iraq? Even after his internal memorandum was leaked stating the exact opposite if he was elected? He intends to keep a large troop presence in Iraq all through his 8 years if he is elected both times.

6. B_boynextdoorkpt

This man has accomplished nothing in his life to merit a presidential administration. He has been in the senate 3 years, never authored any legislation. He is an empty suit, full of promises, but no solutions to those promises. His cry is change, but yet again, no answers to how to bring about change. He stayed in a very racist, homophobic, hate mongering church for 20 years, said the minister, Rev. Wright was his spiritual mentor, yet when all this comes out, he starts distancing himself. Rev. Wright said in an interview last week with Time magazine that he is in constant communication with Obama and he is just keeping his distance to get elected. To put our nation in the hands of this man, is worse than putting it in George W. Bush's hands. This is not the time, in history and the state of our world, to trust the most powerful position in the world to a complete novice. I am a very liberal democrate and truly hate the war in Iraq, but between Obama and McCain, I would feel much safer in McCain's administration.

7. Industrialsize

Albums:
    First, you need to stop listening to the Clinton "talking points' and go out and do some research on your own. Educate youself on the candidates, it's clear you haven't. Your answer is fraught with error about the career of obama. He HAS authored legislation. As a democrat you should know This is not the time, in history and the state of our world, to trust the most powerful position in the world to John Mccain. There will be 1000's of more American lives lost and 10's of thousands of Iraqi lives lost nevermind the prospect of was with Iran. Is that what you really want?

If you are truly interested in Obama's policies AND solutions you might start here:
    Barack Obama | Change We Can Believe In | Issues

8. Industrialsize

Albums:
    Internal memorandum???? Doesn't exist. You are referring to a time when one of his many advisors stated that pulling out of iraq may take more time. Obama has spoken on the issue and said the advisor was speaking for HERSELF and not the campaign.

9. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

Im voting for Mickey Mouse dammit!

10. visualalert

visualalert New Member

All true, but on this board you're not supposed to point out that kinda thing.:biggrin1:

11. B_boynextdoorkpt

I am not quoting Clinton talk points, I read the New York Times, Wall Street Journal every single day. What has he accomplished, besides a crooked real estate deal in Chicago? And how can you over look Rev. Wright?

12. visualalert

visualalert New Member

Love da Mouse! (WDW serial visitor here.)

13. Phredster

Phredster New Member

I will gladly and proudly cast a vote to elect Senator Barack Obama as our next President of the United States.

Lets face it, for being a novice and having little experience as some have said, he got it right on the Iraq war, not many other issues are going to be as important as that.

14. Principessa

Gold Member

I will vote for Obama. Hillary lost my vote about 7 months ago when she started this unnecessary mud slinging against Obama. Hell will freeze over before I vote a republican into the White House. Mc Cain scares me. Not because of his age; but because he is so ridicuously pro war.

15. Industrialsize

Albums:
    Crooked real estate deal? You are referring to tony Rezko....NOTHING illegal or unethical occured. When the name Tony Rezko started making itself know, what did Obama do? He called a meeting with EVERY CHICAGO newspaper editorial board and called a meeting where he agreed to stay and answer evry question they ad. He did and the Chicago newspapers, the ones that know him the best, were totally satisfied with his answer and declared Rezko a non-issue...and btw, reverend jeremiah wright is not running for president.

on Rezko:
    Chicago Tribune, Factcheck.Org, Washington Post: Obama Never Represented Tony Rezko

FactCheck.org On Clinton's Claim Obama Represented Rezko: "That's Untrue." Factcheck.org reported, "Obama was associated with a law firm that represented the community groups working with Rezko on several deals. There's no evidence that Obama spent much time on them, and he never represented Rezko directly. So it was wrong for Clinton to say he was 'representing ... Rezko.' That's untrue." [FactCheck.org, 1/21/08]
    Chicago Tribune Review Of "Land And Court Document And Law Firm Files As Well As Correspondence And Other Records...Supports [Obama's] Contention That He Did Not Directly Represent Rezko's Development Firm." The Chicago Tribune reported, "Obama angrily rejected Clinton's accusation at Monday's Democratic debate. And a Tribune review of land and court documents and law firm files as well as correspondence and other records related to Obama's eight years as an Illinois state lawmaker supports his contention that he did not directly represent Rezko's development firm. Instead, the records show, he represented non-profit community groups that partnered with Rezko's firm." [Chicago Tribune, 1/23/08]
    Tribune Examined Miner Barnhill's "260 Civil And Criminal Cases," IHDA And DOH Files, Clients From Obama's "Unusually Frank Ethics Disclosure Reports" And Found Obama Represented The Non-Profit Partner. The Chicago Tribune reported, "At the Tribune's request, Cook County Circuit Court Chief Judge Timothy Evans produced a list of all 260 civil and criminal cases in which the firm filed appearances, and the Tribune separately examined 1990s lawsuits that Rezmar Corp. listed in applications for government grants. The paper also examined files from the Illinois Housing Development Authority and the city housing department, as well as the hundreds of clients Obama listed in the unusually frank ethics disclosure reports he filed as a state senator from December 1995 through April 2004. Those and other records disclosed five instances in which Obama did legal work for ventures that included Rezmar Corp. The case of City of Chicago vs. Central Woodlawn Limited Partnership is one example. In 1992, that community group partnered with Rezmar Corp. to rehab the former slum apartment building at 6107-6115 S. Ellis Ave. As work was ongoing, city officials sued the developers, alleging 16 serious code violations at the property, including a dangerously dilapidated porch. Obama and a co-counsel filed appearances in February 1994, but the court records show they appeared on behalf of Central Woodlawn, Rezko's non-profit partner, not Rezko or his company." [Chicago Tribune, 1/23/08]
    Washington Post Fact Check: "Investigations By Chicago Newspapers Have Not Produced Evidence That [Obama] Represented Rezko In A Slum Landlord Business." The Washington Post reported, "William Miceli, Obama's supervisor at the law firm, said the firm represented the Woodlawn Preservation and Investment Corp., a nonprofit group that redeveloped a run-down property on Chicago's South Side with Rezko. He called Clinton's assertion that Obama represented Rezko in a slum landlord business 'categorically untrue. He was a very junior lawyer at the time, who was given responsibility for basic due diligence, document review,' said Miceli, adding that Obama did what he was told by the firm. According to Miceli, that was the only time Obama worked on a Rezko-related project while at the law firm…But investigations by Chicago newspapers have not produced evidence that he represented Rezko in a slum landlord business. What has been demonstrated so far is that he did some due diligence legal work for a joint venture between Rezko and a Chicago nonprofit. Two Pinocchios for Clinton." [Washington Post, 1/22/08]

MINER: OBAMA DID MINOR WORK REPRESENTING THE NON-PROFIT
    Miner: Obama Filed Incorporation Papers For The Non-Profits. The AP reported, "Attorneys there say Obama never represented Rezko directly. The future senator did represent community organizations that were Rezko partners in rehabilitating buildings to provide apartments for the poor…Judson Miner, a partner in the firm, said that Obama's role was small. He said Obama did perhaps six or seven hours of work on such projects, mainly filing incorporation papers for the nonprofit groups." [AP, 1/22/08]
    Obama Said That Miner Barnhill "Was Representing The Non-For-Profit Partner, Where There's No Allegations That They Did Anything Wrong." Obama said, "My law firm was representing the non for profit partner, where there's no allegations that they did anything wrong. They were simply trying to develop non for profit housing in the district." [Fox News, 4/24/07]
    Obama Said That Miner Barnhill Was "Brought In Through [The Non-Profits], Not Through Rezko." The Chicago Tribune reported, "Responding to a Chicago Sun-Times report that Obama's former law firm did legal work for Rezko's low-income housing development business, the Illinois senator said he performed five hours of work on behalf of non-profit housing groups that partnered with Rezko. 'We were brought in through them [the non-profits], not through Rezko,' Obama said." [Chicago Tribune, 4/24/07

16. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

I'm afraid Obama, if he is sincere, will not find it that easy to disengage from Iraq

17. B_boynextdoorkpt

Latest poll amont democrats: Gallop:
    73% of clinton supporters will not vote for Obama
    Apparently, Clinton has won the independent and blue collar workers, along with the hispanic and white women vote. All of these are mandatory for a general election. Obama cannot win a general election.

18. Spaguy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I generally identify myself as a Republican, however I follow old school Republican ideas of less government and fiscal conservatism. I'm sorry that boynextdoor does not like Obama, but I feel the exact same way about Hillary - she is banking on her husband's 35 years of experience. . .I don't see her experience.

To answer the original question. . .if Obama wins the Dem nomination, I will vote for him because I believe that he will try to implement change. . .he will reach across the party lines to build consensus. If Hillary wins, I will vote for McCain because I believe (despite his eagerness to stay in Iraq) that he will be a better leader for our country.

19. Industrialsize

Albums:
    Obama's Legislative record:
    Daily Kos: State of the Nation

There are 113 pieces of legislation.
    That's what he accomplished

20. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

I agree Nick4444 but, thats going to be the case no matter whose elected. If McCain is elected we will be there for years to come and most likely we will be there forever, look at history we rarely leave a country after war

Draft saved Draft deleted