Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Latest poll amont democrats: Gallop:
73% of clinton supporters will not vote for Obama
Apparently, Clinton has won the independent and blue collar workers, along with the hispanic and white women vote. All of these are mandatory for a general election. Obama cannot win a general election.

I can't believe that Democrats would be childish enough to boycott a Democrat nominee, which would put another Republican in office. I also think that the Republicans who claim to refuse to vote for McCain because he is not far enough to the right are also childish.

B_boynextdoorkpt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Its not being childish, its being mature enough to step across party lines and vote for a man that has experience, vs. one that has NONE. And I think we are all intelligent enough to realize, that no matter who wins, we will be in Iraq for years to come. It is a dream world to believe that we can pull out in 60 days and it will be fine. It was a mistake to go but there is not way we can withdraw in a short time.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Latest poll amont democrats: Gallop:
73% of clinton supporters will not vote for Obama
Apparently, Clinton has won the independent and blue collar workers, along with the hispanic and white women vote. All of these are mandatory for a general election. Obama cannot win a general election.
There is no GallUp poll saying anything even close to 73% of Clitnon supporters will not vote for Obama. If it does exist, please provide a link. And if Senator clinton is doing so well with independent and blue collar workers, along with the hispanic and white women, why is she losing?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This man has accomplished nothing in his life to merit a presidential administration. He has been in the senate 3 years, never authored any legislation. He is an empty suit, full of promises, but no solutions to those promises. His cry is change, but yet again, no answers to how to bring about change. He stayed in a very racist, homophobic, hate mongering church for 20 years, said the minister, Rev. Wright was his spiritual mentor, yet when all this comes out, he starts distancing himself. Rev. Wright said in an interview last week with Time magazine that he is in constant communication with Obama and he is just keeping his distance to get elected. To put our nation in the hands of this man, is worse than putting it in George W. Bush's hands. This is not the time, in history and the state of our world, to trust the most powerful position in the world to a complete novice. I am a very liberal democrate and truly hate the war in Iraq, but between Obama and McCain, I would feel much safer in McCain's administration.

What he said.

Actually, he has worked on a small handful pieces of legislation... none of which meant much... it's like saying none.

bosatbk

Sexy Member
Media
Here is the thing boynextdoorkpt... if you really cared about this country and were truely a democrat and cared about the direction this country should take, you would put aside the let down that Clinton will not be the president and vote Obama. It is all about unification now. By sitting out on this election because your candidate did not win the nomination shows that you are not looking at this with the bigger picture in mind and quite frankly, are just being a sore loser. Him and Clinton actually are very similar in regards to their policies so there is not much difference there at compared to John McCain. A true democrat will unite behind him and support him regardless of whether you initially supported Clinton or not (keeping in mind they are very policy similar). We didnt rally behind Al Gore enough and then got stuck with Kerry in 04... take a look around and see where we are today. We have a chance to take back the white house. LETS DO THIS. and food for thought, with all her experience, name recognition and early inevitabilty, what happened. She clearly didnt run her campaign correctly so whats that say about how she would run the country. And do you honestly believe Obama will not surround himself with people that have experience? Support him, he is your man whether you like him or not.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And, I am not trying to be argumentative, I like you Industrial Size, and the good thing about America is that we can debate and not agree on everything.
You need way more info before we could debate...:cool:

Black vote, they are registering like never before, but that will not save him in a general election. And the 73% came verbatim from Campbell Brown, Tueday night on CNN.
I'm sorry you msut have misheard...I searched the gallup website and could find no such poll..most polls say at this point about 30% of Clinton supporters won't vote for Obama

Face it, the Democratic party is split, and he is not one to pull it together.
He is the ONLY one who can do it.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What he said.

Actually, he has worked on a small handful pieces of legislation... none of which meant much... it's like saying none.
Look to an earlier post of mine which is a link to the One HUNDRED and THirTEEN pieces of legilation he has worked on.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
This is an informal pole, of democrats on the site, if Hillary does not win the nomination, will you vote for:
McCain:

Obama:
No vote at all:

My God, what a loaded question just begging for an argument! :eek:
They are both so much alike, yes, *true* experience-wise included. The huge difference is one continually denies mistakes made in favor of excuses, shows the same old bickering and has miserable management skills evidenced by how the campaign is run right now.

The other is not afraid to tell the truth even if it means loosing votes; looks at the bigger, more important, picture; has vision that has brought in huge numbers of previously disgruntled voters as well as encouraged young people to participate in a process that many had given up on.

Come on, who do you want managing the government? I vote for someone who has demonstrated and continues to demonstrate that they know how to manage people and money without givng in to emotional outbursts just because they can't have their way even after they try to change the rules because they are loosing. Get a clue!

Now, had your question been "If your democratic candidate is not the party's nominee, will you cross over and vote for the other party's candidate or not vote?" would have been a bit less partial to your own preference and indicate that you really wanted to know instead of bumping an agenda (actually including a poll when it was labeled as such might have helped too).

Thank you Industrial size for posting the facts. :smile:

bosatbk

Sexy Member
Media
Industrialsize... thanks for educating folks. I find myself defending Obama because people tend to judge him based upon things that are not true. They are simply misinformed and I am really hoping that we will be able to rise above all of these hard feelings and put him in office if he is in fact the nominee.

About_Average

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
To put our nation in the hands of this man, is worse than putting it in George W. Bush's hands.

I understand and respect your disdain for Obama (even I've switched to Hillary this past month) but isn't the above comment a bit much? I mean, c'mon. A flaming bag of dog shit would've made a better pres than W. (not too surprising, the fiery bag of doggie poo is a more intelligent creature than daddy boy Bush :tongue:).

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't believe that Democrats would be childish enough to boycott a Democrat nominee, which would put another Republican in office.
Sadly, I can. The majority of democrats who will do this are southern, white males. Hmmm, just like the OP. :rolleyes:

I also think that the Republicans who claim to refuse to vote for McCain because he is not far enough to the right are also childish.
True, but the majority of them will vote for Mc Cain before they vote for a democrat.

I am sorry, I respect what your saying, but I will never vote for Obama.
Why not? Also were you ever for Hillary?

I'm afraid Obama, if he is sincere, will not find it that easy to disengage from Iraq
:rofl: And you believe that Hillary will find it easy. :confused: PLEASE! She was on The View in January and said she would bring all the troops home within her first 100 days of office. The audience cheered. As much as I hate this war I know that pulling all our troops out en masse will do more harm than good. That is just not a realistic statement to make.