Informal Democrat Poll

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You need to pull your head out of your ass on a couple of things. Inflation is not "outrageously high"... compare to the mid-70's and early-80's before you go spouting that drivel. And you're actually going to liken the current situation to teetering on the brink of another Great Depression? Give me a break. Unemployment is still ~5%... it was > 25% then. Interest rates are still historically low. Taxes... low. Get a clue.

How is that not hating America, exactly? Oh wait... I suppose you have the same sort of 'pride' for your country as Michelle Obama's newly found 'pride' for hers... because her husband is filling you full of warm fuzzies and when elected will snap his fingers and fix all your problems... right? Get real.

Common sense begins at home, my friend. By all means you'd better board the next train outta here with your pal saxxa... and do let us know if the grass is really greener when you get to wherever you're going.

excuse me sir. Who gave you the authority to be an asshole? I was being civil and speaking my mind. I never insulted you or what anyone else said. I just stated my opinion like many others here, and you have to go around talking down to me and others.....You sir are the one who needs to wake up and smell the coffee, and pull your head out of your ass. Just guessing by your replys to others posts, you don't have to worry bout making ends meet. You probably are financially comfortable and in your view, things are great in this country. Well buddy, things are not great. The only reason interest rates are low, is because the stupid gov't keeps lowering rates to try and stabalize the economy. The value of the dollar is crap. (no offence to Canadians, as I love your great country) The Canadian dollar has more value than the US$. We are selling our ports and roads to foreign countries, because we can no longer maintain them.

I apoligize to everyone for loosing my cool here, but I'm tired of people coming into civil discussions and bullying others around. Just because you disagree with what others have posted....well that doesnt give you permission to come in like a raging asshole and treat others opinions as inferior. Una

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
race

w/o coming in this thread I knew it would be a huge number of white people that would not vote for him

that's just the way it is when the board is only 15% black

just the thread alone screams racial

Well I can only speak for myself and others in my family....but I'm white and from Alabama, and voted for Barrack in the primaries, and should he get the democratic nomination, he'll receive my vote once again.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Isn't it just as racist to assume that the majority of those in a group of Anti-Obama white Democrats take their stance on a basis of race?

Absolutely.

race

w/o coming in this thread I knew it would be a huge number of white people that would not vote for him

that's just the way it is when the board is only 15% black

just the thread alone screams racial

Ignorance.

White guy here in Williamson county, where my kind account for about 85% of the population. At our convention last month, the delegates broke overwhelmingly (~87%) for Barack Obama. Just south of me in Travis county (~70% whiteys), the split in his favor was about 68%.

Your assertion of racial bias here is both unfounded and wholly inappropriate. I'm quite offended that you lump me in the same category as some ignorant-ass high-school peckerwood from South Carolina. He no more speaks for me than Magic Johnson does for you.

D_somebodyswatchingme

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Isn't it just as racist to assume that the majority of those in a group of Anti-Obama white Democrats take their stance on a basis of race?

No it's not

They have no support for their anti-Obama issues.

Is he campaigning negatively? no
Is he hurting the Democratic party? no
Does he share similar policies as Hillary? yes

So why be anti-Obama unless you Rep,racist,or just stupid?

D_Cyprius Slapwilly

Experimental Member
Media
Ridiculous. In 2000 the same number of Republicans said they wouldn't vote for Bush if McCain lost the nomination. Bullshit.

I don't see how someone could vote for Obama in the primary and not vote for Hillary in the general. Or vice versa. They are practically the same on most the issues, and that is starkly different from what McCain has to offer. And the "experience" argument against Obama is total bullshit. Let's see:

Abraham Lincoln: One term (2 years) member of U.S. House of Representatives. Accomplished nothing notable but "just a speech" against the Mexican-American war. He went on to preserve the Union from the biggest internal threat ever faced in this country.

Theodore Roosevelt: Served as governor for only two years and Vice President for less than one.

George Washington: Great military general, but had zero experience in leading a government. He somehow managed.

Woodrow Wilson: Served as governor of New Jersey for only two years. No foreign policy credentials, but got us through World War I.

Lyndon Johnson: Had tons of experience and legislative accomplishments. He then managed to escalate our presence in the biggest foreign policy nightmare of our country's history.

I think it's funny that three of the four presidents who made it to Mount Rushmore somehow had less national experience than Obama does. The idea that all of this experience is necessary is a myth. The best presidents were the best because of intelligence and judgment. Hell, Hillary doesn't even have that much experience. She hasn't done that much in the Senate, and while I can give her some credit for her time as first lady, it still doesn't touch McCain's record. But I'm not voting on experience, as history has shown that it doesn't really prove anything. I vote on issues, and both Democrats are too close on the issues to let a divisive campaign keep me from voting for either of them in the general election.

I voted for Obama in the primaries, and as much as I'd love to see him be president, I'd vote for Hillary over McCain without blinking an eye in the general.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't see how someone could vote for Obama in the primary and not vote for Hillary in the general.

That's easy...it's a character issue. Or to use Obama's parlance, it's a matter of judgment.

Hillary has demonstrated many times, both during her Senate service and this campaign, that she's a self-serving opportunist and a bald-faced liar. In terms of her leadership and judgment, she's cut from the same cloth as GWB. While they might wave (or hide behind) different standards, they graduated from the same marching school.

As a leader, she's an abominable prospect for this nation. If she somehow garnered the DEM nomination, I wouldn't vote for her.

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

That's easy...it's a character issue. Or to use Obama's parlance, it's a matter of judgment.

Hillary has demonstrated many times, both during her Senate service and this campaign, that she a self-serving opportunist and a bald-faced liar. In terms of her leadership and judgment, she's cut from the same cloth as GWB. While they might wave (or hide behind) different standards, they graduated from the same marching school.

As a leader, she's an abominable prospect for this nation. If she somehow garnered the DEM nomination, I wouldn't vote for her.

Damn, Hazel, you beat me to it. :cool:

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
No it's not

They have no support for their anti-Obama issues.

Is he campaigning negatively? no
Is he hurting the Democratic party? no
Does he share similar policies as Hillary? yes

So why be anti-Obama unless you Rep,racist,or just stupid?

It's only natural for the closed-minded to offer such a limited scope of possibilities, so I don't exactly blame you for your shortcoming. After all, it's your nature.

They have similar views on what needs to be done but not on how to do it. Last I checked, Obama isn't talking about obliterating Iran if they lash out against Israel. Granted, I don't support the idea of it either, but that's just one particular instance. The anti-Obama Democrats either don't like his approach to things or they find him to be a bit shady.

Personally, I'm an anti-Hillary Democrat (atleast this time around). Am I sexist? No, I just don't like Hillary. She's inconsistent in her campaigning, mudslinging within her own party, focused more on image than issues, and frankly I think she's batshit crazy. One day she's accusing Obama of being inexperienced and boasting of 35 years of experience (total bullshit), the next she's accusing him of being elitist. She goes straight from attacking him to acting like she's being victimized. She accuses him of being unworthy and unprepared to lead, despite the fact that he's shown more signs of preparation than she but that's beside the point. Then she turns around and suggests he concedes and signs on as her running mate, when he's winning. I'd like to see where Obama is acting the same way, because if he is, I guess that means I'm sexist.

On the opposite end, you've got anti-Obama Democrats who think he's untrustworthy because of his long past with that nutjob pastor and his Muslim extremist father. Personally, I think both of those are bullshit, but there are those who are able to validate that way of thinking and have other reasons not to like him.

That all being said though, I'd probably still pull for Hillary if she got the nod. She is still a better choice than McCain.... I think.

Obama and Clinton are far from being essentially the same candidate, even if they were both the same race and gender. Unfortunately, you only see these readily obvious anomalous traits and assume that that is all that sets them apart.

D_Cyprius Slapwilly

Experimental Member
Media

So you'd rather vote for someone with good character who has pledged to keep us in Iraq, make no changes on economic policy, and nominate conservative judges over someone who already sees eye to eye with you on most issues but just doesn't exemplify good character? Doesn't add up to me, sorry.

I'd hate to study history and see that FDR was never elected because he was too polarizing and showed bad character. Because he was accused of both.

D_Cyprius Slapwilly

Experimental Member
Media
McCain. Obama too Liberal for me.

Obama isn't anymore "liberal" than Clinton. Clinton isn't any more "liberal" than Obama. If either of them were really all that "liberal", Nader wouldn't be running against them. The "too liberal" argument is a right wing talking point that is as much empty rhetoric as anything.

If you're already voting Republican and think that Obama is too liberal, fine. Makes sense. But if you're pro-Hillary it really doesn't mean anything. They are both left-of-center.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So you'd rather vote for someone with good character who has pledged to keep us in Iraq, make no changes on economic policy, and nominate conservative judges over someone who already sees eye to eye with you on most issues but just doesn't exemplify good character? Doesn't add up to me, sorry.

Perhaps the math would make more sense if you understood the actual factors involved.

Start by showing me where you got the idea I would ever vote for McCain.

D_somebodyswatchingme

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's only natural for the closed-minded to offer such a limited scope of possibilities, so I don't exactly blame you for your shortcoming. After all, it's your nature.

They have similar views on what needs to be done but not on how to do it. Last I checked, Obama isn't talking about obliterating Iran if they lash out against Israel. Granted, I don't support the idea of it either, but that's just one particular instance. The anti-Obama Democrats either don't like his approach to things or they find him to be a bit shady.

Personally, I'm an anti-Hillary Democrat (atleast this time around). Am I sexist? No, I just don't like Hillary. She's inconsistent in her campaigning, mudslinging within her own party, focused more on image than issues, and frankly I think she's batshit crazy. One day she's accusing Obama of being inexperienced and boasting of 35 years of experience (total bullshit), the next she's accusing him of being elitist. She goes straight from attacking him to acting like she's being victimized. She accuses him of being unworthy and unprepared to lead, despite the fact that he's shown more signs of preparation than she but that's beside the point. Then she turns around and suggests he concedes and signs on as her running mate, when he's winning. I'd like to see where Obama is acting the same way, because if he is, I guess that means I'm sexist.

On the opposite end, you've got anti-Obama Democrats who think he's untrustworthy because of his long past with that nutjob pastor and his Muslim extremist father. Personally, I think both of those are bullshit, but there are those who are able to validate that way of thinking and have other reasons not to like him.

That all being said though, I'd probably still pull for Hillary if she got the nod. She is still a better choice than McCain.... I think.

Obama and Clinton are far from being essentially the same candidate, even if they were both the same race and gender. Unfortunately, you only see these readily obvious anomalous traits and assume that that is all that sets them apart.

It's true,I am closeminded..lol my wife says it quite often

but Rev Wright is no nutjob.He's a pastor and is suppose to give his congregation 'HIS TRUTH'. He's not obligated to show the greatness of America.

Just like Obama was right about 'Bitter' rural America. Why wouldn't they be? It's like you can't fault America. People want change but doesn't want to discuss the bad that needs changing.

I'm anti-Hillary as well. She's had her dirty hands in the White House since the Reagan days. She's nothing but a goback. She's very Bush-like.

Just that people don't think there's a better candidate out of Obama and McCain..which I find very interesting