Informative docu for Americans: the function of the prepuce

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
An informative documentary about the function of the foreskin.

This is common knowledge in Europe, but apparently it's a taboo in the U.S.

OpposingDigits Vlog » Blog Archive » Functions of the Prepuce (Foreskin)

Also, check out the vid:
The Foreskin: 15 Square Inches of Erogenous Tissue - about the sexual function of the prepuce.

Note: I strictly don't care about the circumcision debate (since I'm not cut myself), but I thought it might enlighten some people.

Moreover, for Africans circumcision can be good, since there is mounting scientific evidence that removal of the very sensitive, nerve-filled foreskin - where 'islets of Langerhans' can be found - can cut the HIV risk by half. Giving up some sexual pleasure in exchange for keeping your life is of course the thing to do, especially in third world countries where HIV/AIDS is spreading rapidly.

B_johnschlong

Experimental Member
Media
just more information to make some of us who are circumsized feel worse about our bare penises.

Nah, in the grand scheme of things it's not important, is it? It may just be useful for people in the U.S. to be more open about their practises and to take these discussions into the public sphere.

No circumcised man will experience an unhappy sex-life simply because he is circumcised.

But being objective about the pros and cons of such a practise rooted in history, and debating it with less taboo is welcome in any case, I think. Especially in the US where so many topics have become surrounded by myths, misunderstandings and taboos.

Barsonlyone, the reason I put this reference online is not to make you feel bad; it's because you might reflect on what to do with your own sons (supposing you're not a father yet). That's all. :smile:

EDIT: is homo adoption legal in the US? Over here it is. If it isn't in the US, I hope they legalise it soon.

D_Lee_Iacuckold

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Nah, in the grand scheme of things it's not important, is it? It may just be useful for people in the U.S. to be more open about their practises and to take these discussions into the public sphere.

No circumcised man will experience an unhappy sex-life simply because he is circumcised.

But being objective about the pros and cons of such a practise rooted in history, and debating it with less taboo is welcome in any case, I think. Especially in the US where so many topics have become surrounded by myths, misunderstandings and taboos.

Barsonlyone, the reason I put this reference online is not to make you feel bad; it's because you might reflect on what to do with your own sons (supposing you're not a father yet). That's all. :smile:

EDIT: is homo adoption legal in the US? Over here it is. If it isn't in the US, I hope they legalise it soon.

if you mean homosexaul couples adopting children, yes it is legal. its terribly a difficult and arduous process.

i didnt really mean my response as an attack, it comes from more of a jealous rage and all the good things im missing.:redface:

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
Moreover, for Africans circumcision can be good, since there is mounting scientific evidence that removal of the very sensitive, nerve-filled foreskin - where 'islets of Langerhans' can be found - can cut the HIV risk by half. Giving up some sexual pleasure in exchange for keeping your life is of course the thing to do, especially in third world countries where HIV/AIDS is spreading rapidly.

Or they could just use condoms. :rolleyes:

Seriously, though, the main problem is in tribal areas of Africa, where (a) condoms are not available in sufficient quantities, (b) there is a resistance to their use due to religious/tribal beliefs and (c) they are poorly educated in the correct use of them.

In terms of cost-effectiveness, tribal circumcisions (as practised for eons), which cost nothing, are probably going to win out. Even the minimal cost of latex and condom production and distribution is going to be more expensive by comparison. In contrast, in the developed Western world, where everything has a price, condom distribution is a more effective solution.