Ingrown Hair on Dick Shaft

Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hope someone can help me.

I have an ingrown hair near the base of my dick, on the shaft. I've tried popping it like a pimple and flicking of the tip with a needle then squeezing it, but neither have worked

Anyone know what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My barber used to say that the hair would work it's way out. I get them on my face and neck from time to time and I usually use a combination of tweezers and a sterilized needle. Sometimes--what looks like an ingrown hair is really just an infected c\hair follicle that will heal with time. If you pick at it, make sure to use perozide afterward to clean the area.

Here are some quick links:

MenEssentials

pseudofolliculitis barbae

Razor Bump Removal

Good Luck.

lionsback

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Time will make the hair surface. Don't rush it or it might leave a scar. But in the meantime use clippers instead of razors down there. I can't use razors on my face, except for very special occasions. Two to three days later I have a ton of ingrowns that need to be extrated. ohh, the joys of having curly coarse hair.

Greekdick69

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Everytime I get rid of hair down there, I get tons of ingrown hairs turning the follicle into some type of little "pimple" so I treat it as a pimple (using things to prevent any infection/redness) and later with time the ingrown hair makes it's way (or grows enough) to where I can see it and used a sterile needle to get it out. I know it sux that's why I'm not clean shaven down there.

Hope it helps!

LongNights

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Use localized heat to help propel the hair to the surface. Heat locally helps promote physiolocigal change. I would recommend a wet cloth that is placed in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds. Use whatever heat is tolerable for you and continue this daily while sitting around for 5-10 minutes stints. This should help decrease the time that the hair remains ingrown.

LongNights

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How could I not have posted this before!? I knew this! Okay. To prevent future ingrown hairs, it is critical (and fun in that area) to moisturize. After you shave anything immediately put lotion on it. keep the skin nice and soft and it will more readily allow the hair to pass through properly when it grows back. After I shave my legs and bikini area, or even after a wax, I shower and immediately apply baby oil. You might consider doing the same, guys.

ihatemylife

Just Browsing
Media
i got you covered. the same thing happened to me.

go to your local organic/natural food store/co-op/whatever it's called in your area. you are looking for tea tree oil face wash; the specifc one that I use is desert essence thoroughly clean face wash with tea tree oil and awapuhi. I use a loofah. tea tree oil is a natural disinfectant and all-around wonderful thing. I had the exact same problem - ingrown hair right on the base of the underside of my shaft and it hurt like a murder. i didn't know what to do about it, but when I started to wash with the tea tree oil the pain lessened, the irritation lessened, and sooner than not it was gone. get on it!

Bonanza65

Experimental Member
Media
as a urologist, i see many cases on this. and if the ingrown bumb/abscess does not clear then you will end up with a cyst inside the skin made up of tissue and waxy deposits. the only alternative at that time is to have your urologist incise the skin and cut it out and stich you back up. i have many patients have this done due to the unsitely appearance on their srotum or shaft that may give other people the impression you have a disease or infection. so if the bumb or area in questions lasts more than 4 months, you will have to have it incised. baby oils, and tanning oils trap particles in the follicles and cause this most of the time.