ingrown hair

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by country guy, Aug 9, 2010.

1. country guy

country guy New Member

I've been shaving cock, balls and pubic hair daily since around 1996. For the first time ever, I have some ingrown hairs on my cock, sore and painful. Any proven ways of getting rid of them ? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
  3. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

The lady who does my waxing noticed that I had some ingrown hairs. She recommended regular exfoliating during a warm shower.

4. modulo

modulo New Member

Be careful, if things get too bad, you could wind up with a more painful skin infection where your doctor has to intervene (i.e., lancing the ingrowns and writing you a prescription for antibiotics). Could also be shaving technique. I've found through research and trial-and-error (at least with my face), if you shave with the grain first, then soap up and shave against the grain, your bumps will not happen. If you only shave in against the grain, the remaining stubble acts much like a barbed fishing hook and as it grows out, that barb will catch on the skin on the edge of the pore. The hair continues to grow in a spiral that will eventually resemble a zit. Painful, red and uncomfortable, especially in a bad place. One more thing, make sure your razor is absolutely sharp, in other words, if you're going to shave your body, use a new blade.

5. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Also clean with peroxide after you shave

Draft saved Draft deleted