Ingrown Hairs - Pics in thread, HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Marcus11, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Marcus11

Marcus11 New Member

2. hungschlong

hungschlong Member

Albums:
    I have those too, the hair will eventually grow out.

3. D_Bob_Crotchitch

D_Bob_Crotchitch New Member

Try putting lotion on the area after your morning and evening showers. Keeping the skin from being dry seems to help have helped solve my problem with ingrown hairs. If it doesn't work, next time you see your doc, have him look at them.

4. HotBulge

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
    They will grow out. Make certain to keep the area clean, though, and periodically swab them with alcohol. They may enlarge, but don't worry. When they are about to burst, you may want to use sterilized tweasers to prod them out a little - but again, use alcohol so that you keep the area clean, not spread pus, and reduce the inflammation.

Ingrown hairs are a pain, but they are manageable. You may also want to consider if are exacerbating the problem. Is your skin oily to begin with? Are you wearing breathable underwear to prevent trapped moisture and bacteria from accumulating?

If you are shaving your pubic, you must give your pubic hairs time to grow out a little. Otherwise, you are training the outer dermal layer to just grow over hair shafts. I would recommend using a cream and not an electric shaver because the electric shavers can still leave the base of the hair in the hair shaft which later closes up and traps regenerating hair follicles.

5. dongalong

Gold Member

Have hairs grown from these bumps before?
    I have some similar bumps on my penis which are just hair follicles. Maybe yours are in early development if no hair has appeared yet.
    They create bumps because they contain sebasceous glands etc normally found in hair follicles and the thin, elastic penis skin isn't thick enough to hide them.
    They are permenant unless laser hair removal can do something - I'd be interested in finding out if it does reduce their size..

6. TitanicJake

TitanicJake New Member

Keep us updated. Let us know if they grow out.
    I shave too and I try to always be careful.
    Jake

7. inwait8

inwait8 Active Member

Albums:
    I've had the same thing a few times as I shave my shaft and balls. most of the time the hair grows out eventually, and then there are times when it does inflamed, and again that will pass. But if isn't causing you any pain then there shouldn't be any problem.

8. Spitfire

Spitfire New Member

I get them all the time, but I'm also starting to get some of them on my chest, must stay off the shaving for a bit.

Draft saved Draft deleted