ingrown hairs post shaving

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by james7greeen, Nov 20, 2009.

1. james7greeen

james7greeen New Member

Albums:
    this is gross but every time i shave my pubic hair i get really sore ingrown hairs that sometimes leave scares! does anyone have any advice as to how to minimize this? am i the only one with this problem

2. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
    No, i had an ingrowing hair on the inside of my leg just further down from my nuts. It ended up with me going into hospital and having it cut out and the nurse coming in every tw days to pack it with Iodine strips to stop the skin from healing over, it was horrendous and painful. I tend to suffer more on my chin, but yes they can scar, not sure what the best to do, but i would advise to trim the pubes right down than shave. Hope all goes well James, just be careful mate.

3. tasteslikejellyjam

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    waxing...
    I think waxing is better then shaving...
    the first app. for waxing will be a bitch...
    but its much easier after...
    also there is a product called tendskin...
    it helps with ingrown hairs...

4. pasarefun

pasarefun Member

Albums:
    I got bumps after I had my ass waxed. I am not sure it is a better way. Although, my balls had no problems when I got them waxed. (that is why I had the guy do my ass thinking that there would be no problems - now I will just have my balls waxed for now on)

5. Gnothiseauton

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have had that very problem... I think my issue is due to having really coarse (even "ethinc") hair that is wavy if not curly at times... the shaved hair curls before it ever comes out again, and i get horrible razor-sharpened ingrown hairs that just burrow under skin and get infected and yes, scar. They take two to three months at times to resolve themselves.

I tried waxing and epilating. WILL NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!!!! To make things worse for me, my roots are very thick and deep, so when i did that, i ended up bleeding from every last pore, which made recovery even worse. The new hairs were very much itchy and ingrown as well.

Hope it works for you!

I have to ask the OP what your hair type and even ethnic background is?

6. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    use a loofa sponge the first couple of days after shaving. and first shave in the hair growth direction. clean sharp new razor.

Draft saved Draft deleted