Inhibition

albertinla: Hello everyone.

Just found this forum recently and took a couple of days to read all the messages.

My name is Albert, I'm 26 years old and I live in Los Angeles. I recently moved here from another country. My culture is somewhat different but what I've found in almost all your messages is that the majority of you are really uninhibited. My question for whoever wants to answer it is: how do you do it? why is that easy to let any guy see you naked? I can't do it. I think it's somewhat not healty and something that I shouldn't be ashamed off, worried or embarrased. I really want to get over it but have no idea how. And for the record is not that I want to expose myself or anything like that. help!

Albert
P.S. I have a regular size penis btw. 6inch.

averagerican: What's up Albert and welcome to this board. I don't know what country you come from but I think it has alot to do in the way some us were brought up. For example when alot of us went to school and had gym classes we had to undress in front of each other to take showers afterwards because it was mandatory. After working up a sweat you need a shower. So by the time we are older we are already used to it. As far as how you get over it... just do it. Are you going to school here?? If you play any kind of sports, you know how much of a sweat you can build up. Try and join a gym where you will be with other guys and you'll see what I mean.
Don't be embarrased about your average size penis ok, you'll find many other guys with the same size. I'm 6 inches also, hence my handle name averagerican. Take care and I hope this helps a bit.
Btw what country are you from?

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Albertinla (Albert),

Welcome to the LPSG. 'Glad you found your way to join us!

Perhaps culture indeed has some influence in "how" we learn to feel comfortable in certain situations in life such as locker rooms, showers, etc. (Obviously, it is true that in America, guys begin to "see one another" in school locker rooms.) But, don't take for granted that ALL guys are "uninhibited" in such situations--far from it!
A number of us guys still feel abit ackward or uncomfortable when seen nude--(and, no matter how well endowed we are, either!) Some large guys hate to be seen just like those who are average or below average--works both ways.

Perhaps the BEST way to learn to be more relaxed is to be comfortable with yourself. It's not what other guys think of you (especially about your "size") but instead
HOW you REALLY feel about yourself!

You mention that you are of average size. Be aware early on, Albert, that here in the LPSG, you are among the exceptions here in penis size...."Hanging" with us ;) easily makes you believe that there are a lot of BIG men out there in the world. Truth is (statistically) and in reality, there are NOT that many. Instead, the majority are in the SAME size catagory------as YOU! It's a fact.

Feel good about yourself. Start enjoying the American way of life and (over time) you will begin to blend in and become more comfortable with (no doubt) what must seem so strange and different to you now. Remember, you have nothing to be ashamed of Albert. In time, you'll see that and even more importantly, FEEL that, too! Somehow, all of us here know that you'll be fine. ;) Best wishes.

hung: Albert

My time in the U. S. Military helped me overcome any shyness. Open berthing areas and showers where 80 males cleaned up at the same time. Not much opportunity be be worried about what others saw, much less felt. Sure there were boners popping. We all learned that this was and is normal for large groups of young males aged 18 through 24. This all happened way back when, like the early 1960s. I was and have remained hetro all my life. I do remember that at the time I was concerned and even worried about having to share my body visually; however it soon became a fact of life. As others have stated here, the LPSG is a group of individuals dedicated to sharing and posting their thoughts for the betterment of us all. Welcome and please do not feel embarassed to be here with a six inch penis. I also measure out 6 inches soft. Welcome to America also.

AnonyMs: [quote author=benderten2001 link=board=meetgreet;num=1042512504;start=0#2 date=01/13/03 at 23:30:46]You mention that you are of average size.  Be aware early on, Albert, that here in the LPSG, you are among the exceptions here in penis size...."Hanging" with us  ;) easily makes you believe that there are a lot of BIG men out there in the world.  Truth is (statistically) and in reality, there are NOT that many.  Instead, the majority are in the SAME size catagory------as YOU!  It's a fact.
[/quote] Unless of course you are hanging out in adult chat rooms. Every guy there is 8 inches and thick. ;D

pokjbv: Hey Albert, you have already taken the first, maybe most important step, talking about it. Enjoy America and all it's beautiful bodies! By the way, I remember when this country was much more inhibited and it was not that long ago. The loosening up is a product I think of the sixties and seventies sexual revolution, and Madison Avenue's (advertising's) exploitation since of sexual images. Calvin Klien underwear ads were a pleasant shock when I saw the first one roll by on the side of a bus! Not that I had not scoured the Sears catalog for men's underware all my schoolboy years, anyone else remember the 1971 or '72 Sears catalog where the model for boxers was hanging down below the hem of the shorts? Wish I had kept that one.

albertinla: Hello everyone.

Thanks for the warm welcome and all your suggestions and comments. I come from Latin America, where we don't have that school locker room thing. We do have sports in schools but there are less strenous or active than American schools.

Also, since I'm new here in the states I have no friends yet and places/opportunities where I could try to not care so much and not feel embarrased.

And last, I'm worried that since I've put so much nonsense about this that when I do it, I'll get a hardon. :-[

Al.

averagerican: What's up Albert! Don't worry about getting a hardon, it'will be a natural reaction. As far as you not having any friends yet...well at least you have a whole bunch of us online friends. Always feel free to chat with us.