Inner Daemon

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
A new movie coming out called "The Golden Compass" offers a web survey in which you agree on a spectrum of how well certain words/feelings describe you, and your complementary Daemon -- here, a sort of animal spirit that best describes who you are -- will appear at the end of the questionnaire. If you post the results into your blog or web space, then your friends can see if the description fits you. Depending on the responses, your Daemon may take a new shape.

Click here to take the test.

Hryblkone

Sexy Member
Media
It was too hard to figure out. Sigh...let me guess, another Harry Potter Chronicles of the Rings cinematic "event" gimmick to make me see the movie? This one starring thespians Kidman and Craig?

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Apparently my Daemon is Photion the Tiger.

I don't buy the results of the test, which asks if you avoid strangers (I don't) at parties, yet the results say i'm shy, modest, AND sociable? They need to work out a few kinks. But it's an interesting idea.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Athenestia, the Tiger Daemon.

Spontaneous, shy, a leader, assertive, and competitive.
:rolleyes:

*suspects a few of the kinks already alluded to by Mercurialbliss may have reared their heads there again*

In related news: grrrrrrrrowwwwwl. :wink:

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
It's a cute, quaint personality test:

• My daemon is Hypatia - a female snow leopard, one of 3380 snow leopards out of 74341 total daemons. That's 4.5% or ~ 1 out of 22 deamons.
  • I'm modest, assertive, responsible, and shy which is seemingly contradictory.
I like tales of fantasy at time. As with Lord of the Rings, however, I have an initial degree of skepticism with some aspects of the social structure laid out in these fantasy realms. Too often, there's thinly veiled racial separation where the superior beings tend to be Anglican and Nordic and the "inferior races" tend to be depicted as darker colored in complection. For example, the in LOTR, the elves are revered and have nordic features whereas the orcs are dark and have quasi- Near Eastern or African feautres... So, I'll approach this tale with a degree of schizophrenia - enjoying the fantasy but critical of the undertones of the narrative :cool: .

Hryblkone

Sexy Member
Media
I like tales of fantasy at time. As with Lord of the Rings, however, I have an initial degree of skepticism with some aspects of the social structure laid out in these fantasy realms. Too often, there's thinly veiled racial separation where the superior beings tend to be Anglican and Nordic and the "inferior races" tend to be depicted as darker colored in complection. For example, the in LOTR, the elves are revered and have nordic features whereas the orcs are dark and have quasi- Near Eastern or African feautres... So, I'll approach this tale with a degree of schizophrenia - enjoying the fantasy but critical of the undertones of the narrative

So did '300' with it's depiction of the Persians. See, this creates self-hate and bigotry in our unconscious. God forbid what this is doing to smaller children's perceptions of race. Tyra Banks focused on it during her talk show the other day and it was saddening. And no I don't watch it often.