Inquiries of one's virginity

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by wingnut84, Jul 6, 2007.

1. wingnut84

wingnut84 New Member

A few weeks ago, I was talking to one of my coworkers (female, my age and married) about relationships and sex. I think I was giving her the vibe that I was somehow inexperienced (which is quite far from the truth) due to my slight social awkwardness. Anyway, out of the blue she asks "Are you a virgin, AJ?," a question by which I was taken quite aback. I told her no, asked her why she asked me (she said "no reason"... sure...) and left the room a little offended. I confronted her on it later and she says she swears she didn't mean anything by it and that she didn't know what the big deal was with her asking.

So my question is this: Isn't it kind of rude to ask a guy going on 23 years of age in the 21st century if they're a virgin (assuming they're not part of some odd religious cult that proscribes gentle caressing prior to signing a contract), or do I just have a complex? I guess I think the way I do because I would say anyone over the age of 20 who hasn't ever fucked is kind of... abnormal and I assume that someone asking the question thinks the same way AND thinks they have reason to believe that you are. I mean, why else would she ask if she didn't honestly suspect it?

/rant

2. Kassokilleri2ff

I think ts normal among guys to ask other guys, so that they can be like "yea ive had sex" because its "cool". I always get asked, and im not a virgin, but nobody beleives me. Im a ugly goofy lookin bastard, so its quite hard to believe that im not a virgin lol, i can understand that, i somtimes doubt people but i know i shouldnt since experience has shown me that anybody can get laid at least a few times lol. Now wether or not i can get laid on a steady basis, nope, but a buncha times here and there happens every once in a while.

It does not offend me to ask me, but i dont like people to ask me because when i say no im not, its always some form of "yea right, your a liar" Why ask if you are not going to beleive them?

3. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I think it's rude period... regardless of the persons age or what century we are in.

4. arliss

Gold Member

Albums:
    given the nature of the subject matter that the two of were engaged in........no....... it was a fair question..you are obvioulsy close enough to talk about sex...she felt it was fair game to ask about ya virginity....not that serious....do not make it more than what it is....

5. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    It's not any more rude than telling someone online that her penis chart makes her a vapid slut.

6. diamond

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Rather than showing us an articulate and thought out person behind his handle name; he is rather digging himself in a deeper hole with every post or thread he creates.

7. smally

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If someone was a virgin, the question would likely make them (guy or girl) uncomfortable. I guess it would be rude, unless they were very open with each other on such matters.

I wouldn't equate it with the vapid slut thing (because of preference, opinion, or anything)... that's just reprehensible.

Draft saved Draft deleted