Inquring minds want to know...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_spiker067, Feb 15, 2009.

1. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

... when will the spending insanity end and when will we return to a values based society?

This is a migraine inducing article. Read/don't read at your own risk.

Federal obligations exceed world GDP

"It's not likely this will happen without the Federal Reserve acting as lender of last resort for the Treasury by buying Treasury debt and monetizing the debt," he said.
    "Monetizing the debt" is a term used to signify that the Federal Reserve will be required simply to [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot]print[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] cash to meet the Treasury debt obligations, acting in this capacity only because the Treasury cannot sell the huge of amount debt elsewhere.

Federal obligations exceed world GDP

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    HHHMMM? A "values based" society.......Who's values?

3. midlifebear

Gold Member

Granted, the debt incurred by the USA is significant. But expecting the masses to listen to a self-proclaimed right wing conservative blog sponsored by the Orange County News is not exactly the first place to look for a cold, objective look at the problem. I find it amusing how, if you subscribe to the World News blog for one year they'll happily send you -- FOR ABSOLUTELY FREE!!!! -- a copy of Corsi's Obama Nation, which is nothing but a flaming diatribe against anything not GOP-related and kowtows to the neoconservative hate and fear mongers.

Maybe you should start reading the Economist (it's published in the UK) and isn't beholding to any US political party blab.

Yes, we're in deep shit. But Obama is not the devil and the previous administration did as much, if not more, to advance the current crises.

4. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

Why, the same values that were created whole cloth by the Jewish movie moguls of 40-60 years ago of course. You know the myth of what America is supposed to be. The myth created on Hollywood back lots. The shit that fooled the world into thinking what a great place America is. That propaganda. Those values.

Hahaha.

5. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

I quoted Newsweek in another recent post and already get the Economist. Thanks for the heads up though.

BTW, did you read the article? Of course you didn't. Do you stick to the news sources that validate your belief system?

#5 B_spiker067, Feb 15, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  6. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

Midlifebear, what did the current administration do AT ALL to "advance the current crisis"? The day that Obama took office, the cumulative national debt was about $10 trillion (up from $5.7 trillion at the beginning of his term); the economy already had been in recession for more than a year; the criminal Iraq war had been going for years; the Afghanistan war had been going for years; Bush already had shoved through the Congress the creation of the biggest new social program since the 1960s; and Bush had made significant progress in destroying: U.S. education, the world environment; constitutional rights; belief in science rather than religion, particularly where science conflicts with conservative religious beliefs; any hope of U.S. energy independence; etc., etc., not to mention failing to rebuild New Orleans.

7. B_spiker067

B_spiker067 New Member

What are you like 12 years old? The Republicans are 60% responsible for our current economic woes and the Democrats are 40% responsilbe. As a group they are 100% responsible. Get a clue Swede.

8. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

The Reagan, Bush I and Bush II administrations are responsible for about 80% of the national debt, not 60%. Republicans controlling the White House and/or Congress also are responsible for the overwhelming majority of the deregulation of U.S. business that has happened since 1981. You seem to be on this bandwagon of "the Republicans and Democrats are equally or roughly equally at fault and they all suck." It's all very egalitarian, and you can avoid a lot of arguments in locker rooms and cocktail parties by criticizing both parties more or less equally, but it doesn't hold up. I could give you a whole list of examples, but I'll give you a couple of the more obvious ones? Have Republicans and Democrats been roughly equally hostile toward claims of global warming? Not even close. Have Republicans and Democrats been roughly equally willing to allow their religious beliefs to influence their political and bureaucratic decisions about science? Not even close. Did Carter and Clinton and Obama appoint roughly the same number of leftists (not just liberal) for political and judicial jobs as Reagan, Bush I and Bush II did with extreme conservatives? Not even close. I could give you a dozen other examples. In short, this notion that Democrats suck as much as Republicans makes you an acceptable cynic in a sort of anti-intellectual American upper middle-class kind of way, but it fails on the facts. The primary way Democrats have sucked in the last 15 years is not standing up more to the wacko Republicans in Congress and in the Bush White House, a major failing, but not one due to an excess of liberal ideology.

9. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Horse pucky.

10. Principessa

Gold Member

Excellent question! I choose mine as they're the bestest. :biggrin1: :cool:

11. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

As pointed out earlier, whose values should society follow: Your's, Barrack Obama's, George W. Bush's or Osama Bin Laden's. You need to elobrate further before making such a statement.

Also, are you now claiming that you POCESS a mind let alone an inquiring one? Would love to see some evidence of this in your future postings.

12. JustAsking

Gold Member

I think spiker meant a "value based" economy rather than a "values based" one.

13. Elmer Gantry

Gold Member

Albums:
    Isn't the news meant to make you feel warm and fuzzy and good about yourself?

14. invisibleman

Gold Member

Well, I would like some good news now and then. If you like hearing a bunch of depressing shit that you can't possibly do a damn about, you can read, listen to, and watch the news.

15. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wrote hosre pucky earlier. I see no one else called you on this....anyway...what is in the movies is in the movies. There was a point that wanted to instill values, so they did.

Kids still murdered kids and adults, adults still drank and beat their wives and women continued to walk the streets for money. The movies from 1932 onwards were society's blinders. People used drugs. People were gangsters.

People became corrupt politicos.... and on and on for the headlines today.

And adding "Jewish" to your rant only is asking everyone if you are a racist bigot.

Draft saved Draft deleted