Insanity, P90X

apollo

Expert Member
Media
Have any of you guys tried the P90X or Insanity workout programs? I go to the gym almost daily but I feel like I'm kind of in a "slump" with the gym. Makes me feel better when I do workout but I'm not seeing much in the way of results etc.. Just wondered if anyone had used this programs and if they work etc.. I'm skeptical of such things that I see on infomercials!

D_Sandy_Krautch

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Kinda depends on where you're at physically, what your goals are, and what you're doing already. I've seen P90x and Insanity have fantastic results, but again... it depends on what kind of results you're looking for.

Also, don't forget that your ability to achieve results also depends largely on genetics.

camer999

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^ It's entirely possible to have a good body by today's standards, regardless of genetics. Genetics really come into play when you are getting closer to the absolute top. P90X worked miracles on me. Then I joined a gym and gained more mass and look better, currently using insanity to cut fat gain from bulking and look better than ever.
Also, If you are in a slump, look up other routines and make sure you're adding wait every week. Also, is your diet in check?

D_Sandy_Krautch

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Frankly, your diet has more to do with it than your workouts. I still say that to get very accurate advice you need to be more specific about where you are and what you're looking to accomplish.

Also... adding more weight every week isn't a good idea unless you're solid with what you're already doing. Your form is more important than your numbers. Adding more weight if your form is poor is begging for injuries. Just sayin.

Last edited:

closetfreak

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Insanity and P90X are good because they take the guesswork and lazy attitudes out of some workout routines. Everything is already planned out, you just press play. I've never been one to do the DVD workouts aside from Yoga, but I do know a lot of people that have had success with them. The biggest problem I see is that it doesnt teach you anything about working out. Most of the people that have had good success go right back to where they were 90 days prior once the program is complete and theyve reached their goals. You have to get out of the mindset of 'dieting.' It cant be doing something temporary only to go back to your old habits once you reach your goal. You have to have a lifestyle change in order for it to be lasting.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've heard good things about P90X, never tried it myself.

There are a lot of free sites online that do basically the same thing, though. I've been following a Crossfit style protocol for a few years now. I highly recommend it. The progress, at least in the first few months, is amazing. Now I use it as a maintenance routine.

If you're interested in building strength, "Starting Strength," by Mark Rippetoe is recommended by many people.

cdog204

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Both are good programs if followed to the letter. They work because they lay out a simple, very aggressive work out plan coupled with a reasonable diet. I do think that you need to be in reasonable shape for either one of them as they are pretty aggressive.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
P90X is for people who are already in shape.
It is not for beginners.

I have the P90X program and it is extremely fast paced and made specifically for late intermediate to advanced atheletes that are looking to get completely ripped.

If you have joint/back issues, stay away from this program.

OscarM

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The main things are commitment and motivation. You'll have to eat right, do everything in proper form (experienced), and no slacking! Keep in mind that these people in the infomercials have tailored stories, are already "fit", and/or have fallen into the "ideal" category.

Another thing to keep in mind is the space you have at home, and the environment that you have to work in.

My 2 cents!

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It is not for beginners.

I have the P90X program and it is extremely fast paced and made specifically for late intermediate to advanced atheletes that are looking to get completely ripped.

Disagree. My chubby ass completed P90x in 2010, and as a teen I had knee surgery after a sports injury.

It can be done. You might feel like death will certainly occur at some point in the beginning, by phase 2 everything becomes routine - Cardio and Kenpo seem too easy, Plyo kicks your ass a little bit less, and you'll be cranking out the push-ups.

Anyway, I had good results. Go for it!

achillesx

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Look I am a personal trainer and it's not that hard to get in shape it can fit on a post-it note here is the secret EAT less WORKOUT more.

It is that simple but most people either:
1) Lack the motivation
2) Lack the knowledge
3) Lack the proper plan

or a combination of the three.

B_Bjen2848

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Have any of you guys tried the P90X or Insanity workout programs? I go to the gym almost daily but I feel like I'm kind of in a "slump" with the gym. Makes me feel better when I do workout but I'm not seeing much in the way of results etc.. Just wondered if anyone had used this programs and if they work etc.. I'm skeptical of such things that I see on infomercials!

its always good to switch up your workouts every once in a while, these programs aren't bad, just stick to them and make sure you have a good diet, because it doesn't matter how many push ups, jumping jacks and bench presses you do, if you're eating mickey d's and cheeto's all day you're gonna look and feel shitty lol

i've noticed that what i eat directly correlated with how i feel .. shitty food = shitty mood

D_JacqueMiHoff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
its always good to switch up your workouts every once in a while, these programs aren't bad, just stick to them and make sure you have a good diet, because it doesn't matter how many push ups, jumping jacks and bench presses you do, if you're eating mickey d's and cheeto's all day you're gonna look and feel shitty lol

i've noticed that what i eat directly correlated with how i feel .. shitty food = shitty mood

^This

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Disagree. My chubby ass completed P90x in 2010, and as a teen I had knee surgery after a sports injury.

My post is just to express caution to those that have permanent damage to their back. Once your disks are gone - theyre gone. Anything that irritates them can cause more damage.

Sure, it can be done, but in my opinion, it shouldn't be a starting point for someone that has back issues. Strenghten the back up first, THEN go for P90.

Glad that it worked for you.

achillesx

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It is not for beginners.

LOL Wut? p90x is a joke for "advanced" athletes. When I was bored last summer I tried the plyo x on my off day...

If you're unfamiliar with training and lack conditioning, I would reccomend probably a 2-4 week remedial/prep phase, depending on what/where your issues are.

I agree, if you're jacked up, get help for it with someone who knows what's going on. Physical therapy or a good personal trainer. Although the later is hard to judge and probably not working at your local gym.

Last edited:

redz_rule

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Infinitely THIS ^^^^^

Food is so important to weight loss and health.