Insecure about body hair

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by _Jack, May 14, 2011.

1. _Jack

_Jack Member

Hi there, I don't post here often, but feel inclined to about this particular problem. I recently turned 21, and ever since I hit puberty I've had particularly hairy legs, thighs buttocks and lower back. As I've got older the hair is getting more and more and now it seems as though my back is covered with a thin 'down' of hair that is pretty visible when close up. Thing is I'm getting more and more depressed about this. I'm mixed race (Indian / Caucasian) so have quite tanned skin (more of a Hispanic shade) but the hair is coarse.
    I've taken to reducing the amount of leg hair and thigh hair using a beard trimmer and the lower back hair is managed by nair cream. However, its such a constant issue and embarrassment that I'm limiting the amount of times i spend on holiday as a result of it. I decided against going on a 'beach holiday' with a group of friends because I knew it would entail being topless in the cold light of day for everyone to see.
    What are people's views on body hair? How do people manage theirs? At some points I feel as though I've got 0 confidence and its really starting to get to me because I realize i'm young but fear that i'm not enjoying my youth to the most because of this problem.

2. D_Meurius_Rump

D_Meurius_Rump New Member

I personally think hairy men are amazingly hot. I wish I was a little hairier and I love to see a confident hairy guy show it off!

3. r214

r214 New Member

i am hairy, almost all my body covered, I hate it it and makes me unconfortable. I have learned to live with it mostly. If I know that I am going to have to take my shirt off, then I take the hair of my back. Just something you have to live with, but I have also decided that I can not be consummed with constantly trying to hide it and get rid of it.

Depends on who I am around and feel comfortable with. My boyfriend is really the only one I really feel most comfortable with.

4. F_Man

Gold Member

Albums:
    NOT TO WORRY. You'll find partners who like you also for the body hair, or perhaps, if you like, really because of it.

For me, a decently built man with hairy legs, thighs and buttocks is truly boner inducing!

Don't shave. Cheers :smile: FinnMan

5. WillyLong

WillyLong Active Member

Keep the hair, ditch the insecurity. Smooth or hairy, we're all sexy in our own way.

6. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

You sound like a handsome fellow. If anyone would reject you because of your hair, it says more about them than it does about you.

7. italian4all

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I am hairy and love hairy men. In the 80s body hair was fashion and people wanted to have more. In the 00s being smooth became fashion, so things may change again soon.
    Be yourself, no matter how, but be natural!

8. parchissi

Gold Member

Sorry guys - but totally smooth all over here. Have been for many years now and its the look I prefer for myself - not sure about hairy backs tho!!

9. erratic

Gold Member

It sounds like the problem is less with your body hair than with your self image. Body hair - especially hairy legs - is so incredibly normal that I don't even know how to impress that upon you. If you really hate the hair on your back that much then go ahead and Nair it before you go on holiday, but dude...don't let it screw up your life.

10. musclebare9

Gold Member

I was very hairy at an early age. My body hair continued to thicken until I was covered head to toe front and back. It did take a while to get used to but I did get over it. I never found clothing comfortable and would rather go shirtless whenever possible so it was a battle for me. I learned to accept who I was and am very comfortable with it now. I have found that an even number of people like it or dislike it. Not that it really matters to me. My goal in life is to be comfortable and if that means not wearing a shirt then I won't wear a shirt. As I get older, the hair on my back seems to get longer and thicker. I do occassionally trim it because I don't like it long and shaggy looking.

11. Pierced1953

Pierced1953 New Member

Albums:
    I had hardly any body hair and still don't have much. When I was young I was embarrassed by it. I have found that being hairy, smooth, small, big, short, tall, bi, gay or straight, black, white, brown has nothing to do with the person.

Be who you are and be proud. You don't have disabilites so feel blessed and enjoy life. You'll find out that you were concerned about nothing. Your mate/s will love you for who you are.

12. AverageThick

AverageThick New Member

BAM! Ditto here.

13. Mustang86

Mustang86 Member

Albums:
    I think hairy guys are great! Hairy legs are a MUST....

14. calliesdad1

calliesdad1 New Member

I'm just moderately/lightly hairy (no grey pubic hair yet at 60, though!) and I LOVE to see hairy guys. To me, seeing where someone has shaved around their neck and a little shows up where their shirt opens (T-shirt or no) is an immediate turn-on. Think Robson Green or especially James Nesbit (and if you don't know him, do a little googling or you-tubing).
    Hairy backs, etc., oh yes! Just stay clean (well, I guess some would appreciate all hot and sweaty) and be that teddy bear to someone who loves it. At some point, yeah, trim it some; but nair - nope!

15. D_Meurius_Rump

D_Meurius_Rump New Member

OMG hairy men contact me if you want to be appreciated! :)

16. MsThang

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
    Verified:
    Photo
    I actually like men with hair on their legs, like to rub my bare legs against theirs. But if it really bothers you there is always laser. I am in the process of having certain body areas zapped. Since it takes 6-8 sessions to get all the hair maybe just one or two sessions will make you less hairy without becoming hairless. Go for a consultation, its not like you have to do it but you know the options available to you.

17. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

I am extremely hairy with hair covering my chest shoulders and back. Your body hair is a masculine adornment that is part of who or whom you are. It makes you unique. There are three men living in this house all of us are by the standards of most extremely hairy.

When I was younger I was made to feel insecure about it. It turns out that the insecurity after careful examination all came from individuals who had no body hair. Like every other hairy man I tried for a while to play the game and the shaving and other games became absolutely disgusting. I have been in my life partnership with my other half for well over a decade now. I love my hair, I love his, he loves mine and because we are both attracted to it if we had a ton more it would not bother me in the slightest. In this house we have what is called "fur pride". Our adopted 23-year-old has the fur genes too. His is very dark and coarse and his legs are hairy in the extreme with it being somewhat difficult to find skin.

Love and accept yourself for who or whom you are my friend because there are many who find a complete fur coat to be something of a boner inducer that will get them dripping. I was in a t-shirt some years ago and a guy in a gay bar ran his hand up under that shirt and nearly came in his pants feeling all the hair. There are many people male and female who find it a positive and not a negative. Keep the fur!

18. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Amen - the contrast between my smooth skin and the hairiness of my man is so erotic. I love laying my head on his furry chest and playing with his chest hair. I mean I used to....I miss him so much.

But as Ms Thang says, there are options open to you. You need to know that there are so many people out there - men and women - who find hairy men sexy, virile and erotic.

19. baldyboy8000

baldyboy8000 Member

I totally understand all of what you are saying. I was covered in dark brown hair from 13/14 years old. By the time I was in my early 20s my back was covered and it was not down type hair....long dark brown hair. I hated hair on my shoulders and back, so before we go on holiday, my wife removes it. It doesn't bother her but it does me, so off it comes. Hair on the rest of my body is perfectly ok.

20. D_Cock_Hudson

D_Cock_Hudson New Member

I accept the body hair I have, and apart from my face the only parts I shave are my cock shaft and my balls, so it's easier to apply suncream when I sunbathe naked.

Draft saved Draft deleted