Insensitive prick

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by SuckmeNOW, Sep 20, 2011.

1. SuckmeNOW

SuckmeNOW Member

Albums:
    I need people i dont know properly to rant to. So i thought of you lot. I started liking this guy a year ago. He's straight but it was all good and i didn't get upset or anything because i knew that would make the friendship harder. He's not exactly popular at uni so i quickly became one of his closest friends and vice versa.

Then yesterday the insensitive prick told me he lost his virginity (like i wanted to know). Then, about an hour ago he asks for permission to go out with another best mate (who's female). Like i was fucking gonna say no!!!!!!!!!!! AND to make things worse he doesnt see how he's being insensitive. The ass hole!

2. D_Rufus_D_Dufus

D_Rufus_D_Dufus Account Disabled

At least he asked permission..

3. shyenglishgirl

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't get how this is him being insensitive...

4. Endued

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I am very confused right now.

5. monel

Gold Member

I think someone wanted to be more than just a bff.

6. SuckmeNOW

SuckmeNOW Member

Albums:
    that made it worse. i would of rather he had of told me. he made me decide her... i think happiness sounds a bit melodramatic but i will use it anyway. he made me decide her happiness in sacrafice (melodramtic again) of my own.

Why dont you think he's being insensitive to whoever sad that. Not arguing im just interested.

and why are you confused?

7. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm afraid what's happenng is that you like him and are feeling the sting of him liking someone else. It sucks, but it's reality.

I would be careful how you are reacting to this with him. You may just lose a good friend over it :frown1:

8. SuckmeNOW

SuckmeNOW Member

Albums:

oh i'm sorry when i said 'started liking him' i ment it in a i fancied him, wanted to get with him way :/

9. posting4745

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I guess we don't understand because you say you are mates. He's straight and he just got his virginity taken away... a big moment for any guy.....did you ever tell him how you feel? has he ever said he feels the same way.....you may be expecting him to have special powers that he just doesn't have. Tell him you want to be with him and see where it goes. shit, if he doesn't know you are hot for him then how should he act??

10. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

But he's straight. You expect him to commit to you in some way? You think because you fancy him he shouldn't date a woman? You think he should not tell you, his friend, about his life because you have a crush?

Grow up, kid.

11. SuckmeNOW

SuckmeNOW Member

Albums:
    Woah hang one. Yes he knows how feel and no i was not expecting him to commit in some way. And them getting together i am fine with. It was the asking for permission bit that i thought was taking the piss. And as for the whole virginity thing i wouldnt tell someone who liked me that i lost my virginity out of sparing their feelings.

I am completely fine with her you might want to know.

12. Endued

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Do you cry when your favourite celebs are seen out on town holding hands with someone?

13. runningwoof

runningwoof New Member

Albums:
    I don't think he is being insensitive. Infact, I think he was trying to be sensative of your feelings by asking you first. You may have preferred he didn't, but sounds like he wants to be your friend and not hide things from you. Sorry to say, but being young and gay, means you will probably have crushes on mates that you will have to watch date friends, knowing that you will not be with them. I would much prefer a friend that felt good enough to tell me everything and rejoice with them about their life.

14. SuckmeNOW

SuckmeNOW Member

Albums:
    blimey. I was expecting somebody to disagree but i was trying to discuss it from my point of view whilst trying to digest and take into account everyone elses. but if you are going to be like that sod off.

15. SuckmeNOW

SuckmeNOW Member

Albums:
    to Endued - exactly my point. At least he/she (sorry didn't check) can give some opinion without being a knob. Thank you runningwoof and yes he does still want to be friends.

16. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

So weren't at all open to the idea that your expectations of your friend are unreasonable. Shame. That seems to be the consensus.

17. dandelion

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    He told you he lost his virginity because he's excited about it. Wants to tell someone because its a great thing. wants to share something exciting with a friend. Then he asks if you mind he wants to go and try again? Im not sure what sort of friend the woman is, whether he fancies his chances or he's just being polite and saying he's gotta go.

he might know you are gay, but actually you post 50/50, so would he even think of you as being gay and interested in him like that? Its a question of mindset. If your straight and a man then you naturally think of women as the ones you and all men are interested in. Especially if you being bi do so too.

Or do you fancy both of them, which is damn annoying when they disappear off together.

#17 dandelion, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  18. SuckmeNOW

SuckmeNOW Member

Albums:

call me thick (english A-Level my arse) but what exactly are you saying?

19. Endued

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Well I am taking the piss a bit, but honestly, you're confusing a sense of attraction with a sense of entitlement. He doesn't owe you anything in terms of his behaviour, the sooner you see that as the life lesson that it is, the better.

20. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

Frankly, you're the insensitive one and being inconsiderate too. Just because people don't agree with you or see your point of view doesn't warrant that response.

The guy (your mate) was trying to do the right thing by you by asking you if you cared if he dated your friend. What is wrong with that? And to top it all of you're mad at him for being straight and not gaga over you. That's some fu'd up stuff.

Grow up.

Draft saved Draft deleted