Inside the mind of an (unmarried) man

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by SurferGirlCA, May 1, 2007.

1. SurferGirlCA

Gold Member

I recently spent some time with my family in AZ. One afternoon I was hanging out at my brother's place and I picked up a book I found in his living room and started reading it. I should have seen what was in store for me when I read the title (I HOPE THEY SERVE BEER IN HELL) and the intro:

Basically, it was like getting inside the head of a raging male id - and it was a pretty frightening place. Some of it was funny, some of it was sickmaking, some of it was just plain bizarre. I'm not sure I buy that all his stories are true, but it was hard to put down. Obviously, he represents one man's perspective, but it sure gave me an insight I never had before into this particular male p-o-v. Wow.

TuckerMax.com

2. BigA

BigA New Member

I think I finally have someone to look up to!

3. Nitrofiend

Nitrofiend New Member

Tucker Max is old news. Personally, I think he's a loser, no matter how much money he's made with his books and Mtv appearances.

4. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

TuckerMax.com

You can guess what is coming! Ho ho ho...

Anyway, he's an extrovert. Us single, sad and lonely men are probably off doing high school shootings or something...

5. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Tucker Max is a fucktard of the first water. The sooner he drops off the planet, the better.

6. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Sure the guys sounds honest. BUT he lacks a few of the simple things that make us humans. Compassion, Sympathy and a regard for others.

Sounds like he could also lack a major chunk of his brain
    :confused:

7. naughty

Gold Member

SG,

He has described himself as the dictionary definition of a libertine. Boring. Living fast, dying young and leaving a questionable corpse doesnt carry the weight it used to.. Ho hum....

8. FrenumFellow

FrenumFellow New Member

This would seem to confirm my darkest suspicions that what really attracts women, and gets guys laid, is "bad boy" behavior.

Meanwhile, I sit at home, reading about communication and parenting, trying to develop the qualities women seem to intellectually claim they want, and wondering if my life has just gone downhill in the couple decades since I missed my chance to be a school shooter.....

And Naughty, much as I'm generally a positivist about humanity, I have to question your statement that being a libertine "doesn't carry the weight it used to". It seems to me that if anything, popular culture as exemplified by MTV is glorifying "jackass" behavior; and that general attitude of inconsideration towards one's fellow human beings, demonstrated everywhere in the media from opinions and discussions on supposed "news" shows to reality shows, not to mention all to frequently in online forums, is on the rise.

FF

9. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

Wait, this is the America where being loud, proud and stupid is a virtue?

Consider that a jackass that treats people like trash gets more tail than a person that actually treats women like human beings.

10. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:

11. gordeux2006

gordeux2006 Member

Albums:
    Hand him over to the girls at CFNM Adventures (Clothed females nude male) a fun humiliation site where over the top guys are stripped and brought back to earth by the all powerful woman! And loving it!

12. karmen

karmen New Member

Albums:
    I checked out his web site. I'm not quite sure what to make of it but it is "informative, amusing and entertaining" in its own way.

I was reading a few pages of his web site and I came upon the link entitled, "Date Application". Below is the premise of the page and two quotes that I thought were laugh out loud funny:

I emailed some of my closest female friends (and yes, guys and girls can be platonic friends), and asked them to describe me as if they were talking to another girl they were trying to set me up with. Here's what they wrote:

Girl #1: "Do you even realize how much I fucking hate you? You are always a complete prick to me, and you send me some ridiculous fucking email about setting you up with someone. Eat shit and die."

Guy #2: "Dude, I wouldn't set you up with a mangy, starving dog even if you had steaks for legs. Man, do you even realize how much you suck?"

That last one comment from Guy #2 had me doing a very unlady like bellowing laugh. I just thought it was hi-larious.

Hugs and Kisses,

Karmen

13. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

The bottom line is, different things work for different people.

If being an asshole gets you women, great.

If being a "nice guy" isn't getting you women, perhaps you need to rethink your concept of what a "nice guy" is.

I used to experiment a lot with this. I once spent two weeks smiling happily at every attractive woman I saw. That was the only time I ever picked anyone up on the subway. I got some funny looks, but also got to meet a few nice women. Nothing really serious, though.

I tried the asshole approach as well. Loud, crude, sweeping statements. Worked pretty well too. Got a couple of one-night stands out of it. I'm not sure what would have happened if I had tried to change my approach midstream - be an asshole the first night and a "nice guy" the second.

Lots of women date assholes. You hear about, and meet, plenty of women who stay with abusers, alcoholics, cheaters, and whatnot. I'm not prepared to completely disagree with MB and say that women are only attracted to "bad boys", but it's undeniable that many, perhaps most, women go for this type consistently. And the real stumper is: What starts out exciting and "dangerous" becomes obnoxious, and yet... she doesn't leave. This is the puzzle to the rest of us guys.

Conclusion: Nice guys need to be exciting guys too. The boring, ho-hum types aren't going to get any action whether they're nice or assholes.

14. wispandex_bulge

Albums:
    I really is amazing how different the gay world is. For us it seems to be more about physical appearance and social status. However, extrememly masculine and extremely feminine gay men seem to have a harder time holding on to their bfs than the more middle of the road guys. If you think about it, anyone that just wants poontang (spelling?) is eventually going to alienate anyone looking for somethign more substantial, and somepeople, myself included, fall victim to the pleasures of the flesh while in search of somethign more substantial. That can be just as bad as the poontang scenario...

Last thought: Stability begets stability, chaos begets chaos. Those that exude stability will have success in relationships beyond the one night stand.

Draft saved Draft deleted