Insight we all could use in this forum...

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.
--Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Dr. King's words seem like a calling to all of us who post out here. Try a little love, rather than a little hate.

Just a thought for today.​

:smile: Have a good day everybody :smile:​

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Although I dislike to contradict one of the few great christians of the world; it's predicatable I have to add negative comments such as:

People can only hate while they're alive.
No one hates when they're dead.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Although I dislike to contradict one of the few great christians of the world; it's predicatable I have to add negative comments such as:

People can only hate while they're alive.
No one hates when they're dead.

I wouldn't say you are contradicting him. Your point is true in fact. :biggrin1:

Indiana Edison

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if there are great christians in the world, MLK Jr. wasn't one of them, he was a huge womanizer and fornicater.

And dead people can hate, haven't you heard of vampires?

Indiana Edison

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am not a Christian myself, but those who follow the supposed Word of God are probably better Christians than those who don't. I'd say most people that are Beatified by the Catholic church are

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.

These are powerful words that I wanted repeated for someone in this thread who has already ignored them. These words aren't powerful because they were spoken by a christian, great or not. They aren't powerful because they were spoken by a leader, great or not.

These words are powereful because they resonate with truth.

Indiana Edison

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They are as powerful as saying give peace a chance. Of course love is good and hate is bad, it's just a way of poetically stating the obvious. It's like saying pain is hurtful and pleasure is desirable.

Sorry if I come off as cold, but I am more inclined to doubt something that is repeated like mantras for no other reason than it is socially acceptable in a skull-drilled, after school special way.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am not a Christian myself, but those who follow the supposed Word of God are probably better Christians than those who don't. I'd say most people that are Beatified by the Catholic church are

I am very impressed with your answer. I think you get painted with hatred because no one has ever truly asked what you think. I'm glad I did.

As a Catholic, I think this quote from a recently beatified woman fits:

If we want a love message to be heard, it has got to be sent out. To keep a lamp burning, we have to keep putting oil in it.
--Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta

And correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it love that eventually lead Dracula to his hatred? :wink:

Indiana Edison

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good, then we're agreed that calling his calibre as a christian into question was pointless.

Lol wut
Although I dislike to contradict one of the few great christians of the world;

And Osiris, did you post a thread so everyone could agree with it? And I don't know the exact story behind Dracula :p

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's an interesting quote but not something the community, as a whole, will follow. It's impossible to get everyone on the same page, especially on "sensitive" issues that, by their very nature, are arguementative. Sadly, love doesn't always beget love. The world doesn't run on equivalent exchange, though karma may still exist in some form.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
And Osiris, did you post a thread so everyone could agree with it? And I don't know the exact story behind Dracula :p

Of course not. Anyone who puts up a thread is open to opinion. You did not agree with me quoting Dr. King. Now if I had expected everyone to agree I would have come back with anger and hatred. Instead, I asked your view, I respected your take on things, and I found a quote by a beatified Catholic that I thought might be more appropriate for what you felt.

When starting a thread, you must remember one thing:

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. :biggrin1:

I usually am loathe to repeating the same quotes over and over until they become cliche, but every now and again, you come across one that applies. This quote didn't necessarily apply to everyone nor was it directed at anyone. It was a statement about the climate on the forum and how we might fix things.

The irony is that so far the only people who have said anything in this thread are those of us who know that this quote is obvious and I would fathom a guess that we all try to live our day to day in that way.

I'll do my homework on vampires too, but not all vampires are undead. I know, I'll give you my ex's number. :biggrin1:

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Dr. King's words seem like a calling to all of us who post out here. Try a little love, rather than a little hate.

Just a thought for today.​

:smile: Have a good day everybody :smile:​

wish there were more people around today like mlk. an american hero.

good post. i think i like you. :)

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for the insight osiris, if you ever run for office i`m voting for you.:smile:

lafever