Insight we all could use in this forum...

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for the insight osiris, if you ever run for office i`m voting for you.:smile:

lafever

Not for all the money in the world. I am more the power broker than power seeker. I've worked on numerous successful campaigns and if I've learned nothing else from the experience, it's that I know I do NOT want to run for political office.

I almost agree, but I have to say I will look at his platform first. :biggrin1:

So that's a cute way of sneaking a peak I presume?

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think the message has anything to do with Christianity, I'm an atheist but one of the things I believe is hatred only hurts the hater. Usually the person you hate is blissfully going about their lives, often ignorant of the fact that you hate them while your hatred is poisoning your life.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was really referring to King II as a "good Christian". No offence Osiris. :L

If the servants of God obeyed the word of God, there would be no need to pray for peace on Earth, we'd already be there.

None taken and your quotation is spot on. Thanks ORCABOMBER. :smile:

I don't think the message has anything to do with Christianity, I'm an atheist but one of the things I believe is hatred only hurts the hater. Usually the person you hate is blissfully going about their lives, often ignorant of the fact that you hate them while your hatred is poisoning your life.

I would say that is usually true, but...

Gotta disagree here, SP.

That's a nice thought but I've seen plenty of cases where hatred harms the hater, the hatee, and many others as well.

Nice thread though, Osiris.

Look at the terrorists who kill themselves and innocents for a misguided cause. Jewish and other peopls harmed by the World Wars. Were these not acts sparked by hatred? I think it would be safe to say Karma will pay back the hater 10 fold and protect the innocent just the same amount.

Thanks Speedoguy. I respect that as you are always a pleasure to read.

I believe hate does create some beautiful things, but love creates more beautiful things.

Oddly enough, I think you are very right Frizzle. Sort of the Phoenix rising from the ashes. Out of destruction comes construction anew.

Thanks for the nice post Frizzle.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
if there are great christians in the world, MLK Jr. wasn't one of them, he was a huge womanizer and fornicater.

And dead people can hate, haven't you heard of vampires?

They are as powerful as saying give peace a chance. Of course love is good and hate is bad, it's just a way of poetically stating the obvious. It's like saying pain is hurtful and pleasure is desirable.

Sorry if I come off as cold, but I am more inclined to doubt something that is repeated like mantras for no other reason than it is socially acceptable in a skull-drilled, after school special way.

Yes, Indiana Edison, you do have a point in that MLK Jr. did having failings in his life, as a man and a Christian. I feel much the same way about John F. Kennedy. In previous posts I, and Osiris, have stated that we dislike "organized" religion, including Chrisianity, vs. faith. There are many sects in which there is a common "mantra", as you say. An expectation of certain behaviors and verbalization which is used to determine if you are truly a "Christian" or not.

However, the wrongs that we commit do not necissarily negate the rights. In other words, if we do something bad, it does not mean that we as a whole are therefore "bad".

Regardless of how you feel about MLK Jr. as a Christian, there is still a powerful wisdom in his words, and the ability to move others to do good.

The Church of Lucifer, which worships the beliefs of Lucifer before he attained the status of Satan, believes that man should always put himself first. His desires, his wants, his needs, and that if everyone did so the world and men would be fulfilled and "balanced". They believe that Christianity was formed to control the desires of the "self" and therefore the man.

Yet, we see around us and through out history what happens when man inflicts his own desires and beliefs on others without respect or consideration to his brothers. We have war, and pain, and suffering, and death. And yes, there are Christians who guilty for many atrocities.

MLK Jr.'s point, as Osiris's, is that we are responsible for how we treat others, and that our actions can affect the behavior of society as a whole. You can either live by and spread hate and disregard, or you can live by and spread love and acceptance.

The label of Christian does not change this truth.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I believe hate does create some beautiful things, but love creates more beautiful things.

I don't agree...Hatred never creates anything beautiful...but beauty can come out of anything. True love does create beauty; however when something hateful is carried out in the "name of love" it can never be beautiful.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.
--Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Dr. King's words seem like a calling to all of us who post out here. Try a little love, rather than a little hate.

Just a thought for today.​

:smile: Have a good day everybody :smile:​

I just love you Osiris! You have posted yet another one to illustrate why indeed we need to have a National Osiris Day:smile:!

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
I don't agree...Hatred never creates anything beautiful...but beauty can come out of anything. True love does create beauty; however when something hateful is carried out in the "name of love" it can never be beautiful.

What about the hatred of poverty, the hatred of war, the hatred of your rival. Can drive determination in the simplest of fellows. It's perfect for cynical bastards like me.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What about the hatred of poverty, the hatred of war, the hatred of your rival. Can drive determination in the simplest of fellows. It's perfect for cynical bastards like me.

That would depend on what is driving the determination...is it a true effort to better oneself, or does the effort stem from revenge? Beauty can come out of hatred if that hatred inspires a positive change, but true hatred only spews hatred...it's a mind-set.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just love you Osiris! You have posted yet another one to illustrate why indeed we need to have a National Osiris Day:smile:!

Ut oh, the last time we had this day, it involved costumes, whipped cream, leather and a fair amount of towels. I don't know if my heart can take another one. :wink:

Again, I think Frizzle has stumbled on an oft overlooked truth. We can use MLK as proof. The hatred of black people, the murders of Emmett Till and Medgar Evers, all acts of hatred. Did they not give rise to the peaceful civil rights movement? The Apartheid Government in South Africa, the beating death of Stephen Biko and the unjust incarceration of Nelson Mandela. Did this not give rise to a peaceful democracy of and for the people of South Africa?

There are instances out there, we just usually don't necessarily look at it.

OK, here's a simple everyday one (this also happened to me this week). My car dies (EVIL, EVIL, EVIL), I am now buying a new better car (GOOD, GOOD, GOOD). It is the great Yin and Yang of life. For every action there is an equal or greater reaction.

So don't hate on Frizzle for pulling up what Confuscious spent a lifetime trying to get us to understand.

Confuscious say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.:biggrin1: (I couldn't resist)

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, I think your heart is big and strong enough to handle just about anything!

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I am not a Christian myself, but those who follow the supposed Word of God are probably better Christians than those who don't...

I believe that those that follow the words of Christ would be better Christians. :smile:

And dead people can hate, haven't you heard of vampires?

Trying to distract us with Eastern European mythology IE? :wink:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.

Dr. King's words seem like a calling to all of us who post out here. Try a little love, rather than a little hate.

Just a thought for today.​
:smile: Have a good day everybody :smile:

I have learnt that in the past week or so. Not to be mired in anger and not responding to people who want to bait (or hate). I have been much more at peace when I changed my point of view.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Just a thought for today.

:smile: Have a good day everybody :smile:​

Thank you Osiris, I like this quote. Thank you for sharing it with us.

hatred only hurts the hater. Usually the person you hate is blissfully going about their lives, often ignorant of the fact that you hate them while your hatred is poisoning your life.

I agree with you. I used to hate and hold grudges forever; but when I learned to forgive and then just let things go it was as if the weight of the world lifted from my shoulders.