Insight we all could use in this forum...

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you Osiris, I like this quote. Thank you for sharing it with us.

You are very welcome babe!

I agree with you. I used to hate and hold grudges forever; but when I learned to forgive and then just let things go it was as if the weight of the world lifted from my shoulders.

I can't see you as a hater and that weight is all those shopping bags. :wink:

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Osiris, once again you are a beacon of light. Thank you for posting this much needed reminder.

True to the spirit of some on this site, once again we find people that will rather opt to knock down instead of build up. It's sad when we allow cynism or sceptism to overrule an approach of wonder and awe. (My opinion and I'm entitled to it just as others are entitled to theirs)

I think we need to remind ourselves that when people post from the heart, they are in fact offering the gift of themself to all of us. The other day someone spent a great deal of time and made a great risk by posting a poem, I was stunned to see how some of the immediate responses were to nitpick. It left me wondering: When one receives a gift, do they then unwrap it and tell others "you should have gotten me this" "I don't like this" "What on earth made you decided to get me this?" Is this what we as human being have become? Too self absorbed to acknowledge the gift and the person offering the gift, that even a simple "Thank You" is too much to expect in return? It's sad, very sad.

How often do we bother to PM someone and offer them a compliment either for the person they strike us to be or for their posts? Each individual makes a difference in their own small way to this site, and yet their contribution goes by unnoticed unless we are presented with the (pleasurable) responsibility of "correcting" them or even better, bashing them. We forget that there is an actual PERSON sitting on the other end of the computer screen. A person with feelings just as real as mine, yours and ours.

Osiris, none of this rant was addressed at you, but all of us (me included). After all of that I've had to say, thank you for being who you are and for your wonderful kind nature of trying to bring light to the darkness, through your posts. This thread did not only bear the gift of the insight that you posted, but also it brought me hope that there are still members on this site that are able to identify a good deed and person and pay credit where it so rightly is due.

To build onto the main thought of this thread, here's my insight that I leave all of us with:

"Compliments invite the person who is complimented to embrace a new perception of him or herself. And just as layers and layers of nacre form a pearl over an irritating grain of sand, so compliments collect around us, developing us in all our beauty."

- Daphne Rose Kingma -

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Osiris, once again you are a beacon of light. Thank you for posting this much needed reminder.

True to the spirit of some on this site, once again we find people that will rather opt to knock down instead of build up. It's sad when we allow cynism or sceptism to overrule an approach of wonder and awe. (My opinion and I'm entitled to it just as others are entitled to theirs)

I think we need to remind ourselves that when people post from the heart, they are in fact offering the gift of themself to all of us. The other day someone spent a great deal of time and made a great risk by posting a poem, I was stunned to see how some of the immediate responses were to nitpick. It left me wondering: When one receives a gift, do they then unwrap it and tell others "you should have gotten me this" "I don't like this" "What on earth made you decided to get me this?" Is this what we as human being have become? Too self absorbed to acknowledge the gift and the person offering the gift, that even a simple "Thank You" is too much to expect in return? It's sad, very sad.

How often do we bother to PM someone and offer them a compliment either for the person they strike us to be or for their posts? Each individual makes a difference in their own small way to this site, and yet their contribution goes by unnoticed unless we are presented with the (pleasurable) responsibility of "correcting" them or even better, bashing them. We forget that there is an actual PERSON sitting on the other end of the computer screen. A person with feelings just as real as mine, yours and ours.

Osiris, none of this rant was addressed at you, but all of us (me included). After all of that I've had to say, thank you for being who you are and for your wonderful kind nature of trying to bring light to the darkness, through your posts. This thread did not only bear the gift of the insight that you posted, but also it brought me hope that there are still members on this site that are able to identify a good deed and person and pay credit where it so rightly is due.

To build onto the main thought of this thread, here's my insight that I leave all of us with:

"Compliments invite the person who is complimented to embrace a new perception of him or herself. And just as layers and layers of nacre form a pearl over an irritating grain of sand, so compliments collect around us, developing us in all our beauty."

- Daphne Rose Kingma -

Wow! All I can say is thank you and I'm floored by your sentiment. That is one of the nicest most thought out posts I think I've read. Thank you bigguy, it truly is wonderful to have members like you.

reallyhot

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well to be fair to Hitler, the Autobahn highway system he created inspired the americans to build a great and superb Freeway system in the U.S. that we as Canadians admire greatly. (and wish we had here!)
So at least something good came out of all that.

On a lighter note, I'd just like to add that it's been said...at least in the Reader's Digest that "humor is the best medicine"...
I tend to agree a little humor can go a long way..
especially when you're stuck in rush hour traffic! LOL:smile: