insomnia

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
christ, using seroquel for sleep is like using a sledgehammer to kill a fly. that shit will put you in a drooling coma for a month. but it does work.

Yea I didn't think it would be that strong. The first time I used it I was on my way of coming back from a friends house with another friend in the car with me. I got so tired while I was driving I have to pull over into a parking lot and take a nap in the car because I was too scared I would fall asleep driving.:redface: The people who gave it to me didn't tell me it would take effect that quick and that strong.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My trouble with sleep is that my mind is racing all the time, I have to overwhelm my mind with information, I used to read books, magazines, newspapers and even food can lids when I was desparate. Now that we have a TV, with satellite hook up and headphones and a laptop computer I can read watch TV and work on the computer until I am so tired I can go to sleep, usually once I am asleep I can get 6-7 hours of sleep. However there are the nights that I don't go to sleep in the hopes that the next night I will be able to get my sleep habits in better order, but it never works.

I have always joked that I need a blonde woman to seduce me into a sleepy daze and a red headed woman to wake me up in the morning, with sex of course. That is a prescription worth trying but I haven't found any willling partners

D_N Flay Table

Experimental Member
Media
i have had that sometimes.
part of your brain wakes up slower, so you're still dreaming sounds when you're awake?

no, I am lying there awake, and I hear people talking.... OVER the radio i have on in my room...
I go downstairs.. and im like tweeking awake..
its terrible.

or if I booze, I sleep ok, but I wake up like super early.
go figure.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My sleep patterns are righteously fuckered up beyond belief.

I'm usually up until 3am, and then awake again around 8:30am. Five hours per night is pretty average for me, but there are nights when I'm up until 4 or 5am.

I'm much like some of you have already described...I cannot seem to turn off the thoughts in my head. My brain simply won't disengage. I basically have to be exhausted to get to sleep at night.

I'm active during the day, usually doing a half-hour of cardio around lunchtime and another 45 mins on weights in the evening. My diet is fairly healthy, and I drink lots of water.

When I do sleep, however, I sleep like a rock. Nothing wakes me up.

It's weird, but I've just decided to live with it. I've always been a nightowl, anyhow.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
no, I am lying there awake, and I hear people talking.... OVER the radio i have on in my room...
I go downstairs.. and im like tweeking awake..
its terrible.

or if I booze, I sleep ok, but I wake up like super early.
go figure.
your house is haunted.
i've seen movies...you're going to die :eek:

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For the last 6 years since I was 16 I have suffered from insomnia. It's embarrassing as when we have breaks at work at 10am & 1pm ill always go to sleep. Even in college is spent 80% of the time asleep. It sucks. For me tho its probably a symptom of something else.

D_Quartered Pounder

Just Browsing
Media
Not sure if I have insomnia but I'll have a regular nights sleep one night, then somehow Ill just stay up the next night, but I'll fall asleep somewhere in the day and then my schedule will be all off for days. I'll end up trying to take a nap somewhere to kind of reset it, or just try to will power and stay up through the day. It hasn't come too much of a problem yet, but when school starts I'll have to try to get back on things.